IGNORED

Bob Jones University halts investigation of sexual abuse

PurpleSheepleEater

christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2014/february/bob-jones-university-fires-grace-abuse-investigation-bju.html

And under a rug it all goes.

christianitytoday.com/gleanings/2014/february/bob-jones-university-fires-grace-abuse-investigation-bju.html

And under a rug it all goes.

This doesn't surprise me. They have a history of ignoring the obvious, if it makes them look bad. Like their students buying beer and drinking in the graveyard across the street. Or quietly changing their dating policy regarding interacial couples, hoping that no one would remember. This is what they do.

More religious perverts??? Seriously???

There are perverts everywhere, institutions make it easier for them to hide. Then you add in religious beliefs that major in repressing sexuality and boom, perfect storm. Personally I don't trust any religious organizations. Just too many stories out there.

Because that makes them look /super/ innocent. I know it's "innocent until proven guilty", but if I tell someone that they can look anywhere they want except in the box under my bed, it's pretty much a guarantee that I've got something interesting in that box that I don't want them seeing.

• 9 months later...

I hope this is the right thread, but I just saw on the local news that the final report on that "investigation" will be released tomorrow and the appointed spokesperson made some half ass apology about not protecting people.

Archived