IGNORED

Maxwell Corner: Stay at home adult daughters

daisyjane1234

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What??? You mean not every elderly person is sweet? But the Maxwells say they are so it must be true.

Don't forget the old folks who cuss! I don't mean curse...I mean cuss! There are some folks out there who will cuss you slam out. Chances are those Maxwell women have NEVER been cussed out. Will they even realize when they are being cussed at? I have elderly relatives who will cuss you out with a sweet smile and offer you a cigar.

I don't see the Maxwell girls being nannys. How can you take care of a child that is more worldly than you? Kids can be completely innocent yet still know what is going on in the world because they are of it. The Maxwells live in their own world. Someone mentioned them maybe throwing out Bible verses at the children. I can see them doing that and it is unlikely to have any effect. Can they deal with a child whose mom has no problem with them wearing shorts or a girl being in gymnastics? How will they deal with a child who has playdates with the child with gay parents? There are good Christian families that are not bothered by gay or single parent homes. What about the home where the teenage daughters are allowed to date? There are just too many variables as to why it would not work.

Also, if the parents pass on, I can see the Maxwells trying to continue the family business. They don't really know how to do anything else. I know one of the sons does consulting for some outside people but I doubt it is enough to pay the bills. So I think they will continue selling chore packs, badly written books and have their conferences. I think they will do whatever is necessary to stay away from the public at large and make money. I don't think they even know how to come up with their own idea as to how to make money.

The nursing home aide thing is interesting. However, I agree that the Maxwell girls will have a meltdown if they actually had to deal with old people on a daily basis. Nursing home residents are just as varied as any society. Some cuss, some are rude, many are demented. Can the Maxwell girls handle a dementia patient? They may be expected to clean up messes. Can they handle human nudity?

The nanny thing from Good Christian Homes (haha) may be a better option. However, even then it could be problematic for the Maxwell girls. Remember, Steve and Teri said they don't trust even Christian homes to follow the same guidelines as them. Many conservative Christian homes will allow their girls to wear pants, let their kids watch heathen TV, let their kids join in F-U-N. Even if the Maxwell girls can accept that, they may be hard pressed to allow the children to participate in these activities....and then the parents will take issues with that.

Right now, the Maxwell boys do consulting work. Steve have said self-employment is ideal for fundies because ti allows them control over their projects, so to avoid too much secular influence. If the boys are not allowed to tangle with the secular world, I can't imagine the girls being any less sheltered.

As I've stated before, the Maxwell girls will move in with a brother and end their days an auntie in someone else' home. There's no way they would ever live in a house without a headship! Ideally, the girl could live in the Maxwell house with an unmarried Jessie, who could outlive the girls, thus allowing the Maxwell girls to be the lady of their own home.

What will be really sad is if these 3 sisters are still SAHD in their old age and when S & T die end up having to move in with Joshua or any future nephews and help their wives raise their families.

What will be really sad is if these 3 sisters are still SAHD in their old age and when S & T die end up having to move in with Joshua or any future nephews and help their wives raise their families.

I suspect this is Sarah's future. That and finding how many books she can write that include include "[season] _______with the Moodys"

Maybe she could start including good christian words? Summer blessings with the Moodys, Winter joy with the Moddys, Spring repentance with the Moodys...

Moody New Years special: Crying with the Moody's

Or the teen version, for fun:

Sinful Spring Break with the Moody's

Oh someone write that one!

I wonder how much Sarah makes off her books? I suppose if they are left the house that money from her books, plus maybe freelance admin and/ or part time in-home child/elder care could support them.

There are an awful lot of people who manage to get by without formal full time employment by cobbling together various side jobs. She could probably do I.T. Work as well.

Cabinet scrubbing with the Moodys. Nursing Home Ministry with the Moodys. Passing out Tracts with the Moodys.

Archived