IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Wedding - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gothard must have Gil on his board of directors because the Bates had the show and have some fame. Kelly in her blogs talks about using and liking other homeschool programs better. In fact her last few homeschool post/answers have not talked about the booklets at all. Her recent answers on other subjects while still very conservative certainly are not by the ATI book like the Duggars answers are.

Yeah, she has come straight out and said that they think the wisdom booklets are nice but they're not substantial enough to use on their own.

Neither does a woman wearing pants, or having a job, or kids going to school, or being able to choose their own spouse, their own career, higher education, etc. etc. etc. :angry-banghead:

Bing! It's all about their rep in the ATI world.

Very worldy view if you ask me.Exactly what they strive so hard to prevent.

Actually, I live in Tennesse and some areas are more conservative than others. I don't know of any Fundies around here. The closest thing is Pentecostal and some of them are getting more modern.

Not Zach. Gothard wasn't in his wedding. Also, Zach seems not involved in ATI. We have seen other Bates in missions or in boot camps, but never Zach. Or at least I think so.

Will Gothard be invited to Alyssa's wedding?

Since John and Alyssa attend ATI functions, it's a possibility.

Does anyone know how the garter work in fundie world? Do they reach up the girl's dress to get it?

Ya know...I was wondering the same thing. ATI folks don't dance or even let the bride & groom dance. But it's ok to throw a garter which is a type of under garment??

Does anyone know how the garter work in fundie world? Do they reach up the girl's dress to get it?

I've seen it put on the arm, not the leg. Sometimes on the grooms arm and he just takes it off and throws it.

I've seen it put on the arm, not the leg. Sometimes on the grooms arm and he just takes it off and throws it.

That's what I was thinking - I've heard it referred to as "the grooms armband" somewhere

Kelly posted in the comments that they only did a bouquet toss...not a garter one.

Yeah--and her reply about it seemed rather terse to me, and rather like, 'we don't dance.'

New wedding photos are up. I'm quite curious about the deal with Whitney's adoption. There was a picture with her bio mom, yet her adoptive parents are also present.... Does anyone know why she was put up for adoption and what the deal is with her bio mom and adoptive parents?

ETA: the caption said "Whitney and her mom, Betty Jo Smith", but later found out that is Kelly's mother. Still, I'm curious of the circumstances that might lead to her getting adopted at such an advanced age....

ETA2: don't y'all find it strange that whit looks so much like her adoptive mom and siblings...

That's what I was thinking - I've heard it referred to as "the grooms armband" somewhere

Yesterday I was reading the old post about Nathan and Melanie Maxwell's wedding and Terri describes the armband toss . I was going to ask about it, but didn't want to revive a dead thread for it.

Do the couples get a first dance (to suitable music) at a Gothard wedding?

Yesterday I was reading the old post about Nathan and Melanie Maxwell's wedding and Terri describes the armband toss . I was going to ask about it, but didn't want to revive a dead thread for it.

Do the couples get a first dance (to suitable music) at a Gothard wedding?

Not that I have ever seen. Dancing of any kind is usually considered a sin.

I really enjoyed the pictures from Zach and Whit's wedding. I think the colors were so beautiful all together. I noticed the parents and grandparents of the bride and groom all wore some shade of gray with red as an accent. Tied in so nicely with the red and black of the bridesmaids and groomsmen.

Most weddings I attend don't do the garter thing. There were no garters at my wedding. Some folks--esp. older, more educated brides & grooms--consider it rather low class. [No offense intended to any of you who did it]

I haven't been to a wedding in a long time that did the toss. I don't want to do it at mine - just seems distracting to me.

New wedding photos are up. I'm quite curious about the deal with Whitney's adoption. There was a picture with her bio mom, yet her adoptive parents are also present.... Does anyone know why she was put up for adoption and what the deal is with her bio mom and adoptive parents?

ETA: the caption said "Whitney and her mom, Betty Jo Smith", but later found out that is Kelly's mother. Still, I'm curious of the circumstances that might lead to her getting adopted at such an advanced age....

ETA2: don't y'all find it strange that whit looks so much like her adoptive mom and siblings...

I remember reading somewhere (maybe on here, but I cant find the thread) that her bio parents died in a car accident. I even remember there being a link to an article or obit about it. I cannot find it/links anywhere though :confusion-confused: . Maybe if I had more info about the bio parents or where Whit is originally from I could find the links.

I remember reading somewhere (maybe on here, but I cant find the thread) that her bio parents died in a car accident. I even remember there being a link to an article or obit about it. I cannot find it/links anywhere though :confusion-confused: . Maybe if I had more info about the bio parents or where Whit is originally from I could find the links.

No, her adoptive patents lost a bio daughter in a car accident and the date from the obituary (2000s) indicated they had two other bio daughters but that's it. So it just determined that Whit was adopted after that, and so she was a teen when adopted. We have no idea if she was in foster care or what. I'd also love to know.

No, her adoptive patents lost a bio daughter in a car accident and the date from the obituary (2000s) indicated they had two other bio daughters but that's it. So it just determined that Whit was adopted after that, and so she was a teen when adopted. We have no idea if she was in foster care or what. I'd also love to know.

Also her last name is Perkins, not Owens, meaning she wants to honour her birth parents - so the car accident theory makes sense.

It's strange how much she looks like her adoptive parents though. Maybe they are related? I suspect the mom is actually her aunt. But that's just speculation.

I have been reading the blog and find it even more fundie crazy than Chad's. Lots of "The Lord" this and "god bless" that.

I am starting to get skeptical about Duggars or Bates ever leaving the fold. Especially the Bates. They enjoy themselves way too much in that family.

Archived