IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Wedding - Part 2

happy atheist

Thanks to Gothard appointing Gil to his board of directors which now makes the Bateses ATI royalty. I am absolutely convinced that Gothard played matchmaker to 3 of the 4 couples (excluding Zach and Whitney).

I'm sure he's all over it. They need marriages and babies (not to mention lots of money) to keep the game going.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like Kelly, but I hope Zach and Whitney are lying about having negative pregnancy tests, because they are secretly using some sort of contraception.

I also hate the pranks that the Duggars keep pulling. It's one thing to do the ring prank, but to try and ruin the bride and grooms clothing is crossing the line.

People wonder why there hasn't been a Duggar/Bates courtship. And why there haven't been more Duggar courtships in general. Hmm, well, maybe it's because the Duggars kind of seem like assholes!

Ha ha. We still don't know what Nathan & Lawson Bates have been up too. They could be courting a Duggar girl on the down low & JB is just saving the surprise for ratings. Remember how shocked we were about Michael. Nathan was holding a cell phone in a recent picture. Now why would a single, fundie guy be holding a cell phone? It's not like he has a real job at the moment.

Kelly has said that there are no other courtships going on, BUT that doesn't preclude the possibility of pre-courting/'special friends'.

People wonder why there hasn't been a Duggar/Bates courtship. And why there haven't been more Duggar courtships in general. Hmm, well, maybe it's because the Duggars kind of seem like assholes!

I agree. John and Joe seem to be the only ones to really get along well with the Bates, maybe because they didn't inherit the smugness gene.

Alyssa's name is misspelled on the program. :doh:

I think it's fun that they included some Christmas music, and walked out to Jingle Bells. :)

The one thing I noticed on the program was that Whitney walked down the aisle to the Bridal March. Most of the weddings i've watched online, they always had church music for the entrance.

Here's Kelly's comment on the Duggar boys pranks at the wedding:

"Dear Melody,

The first prank was they wrote “Help me†on the bottom of Zach’s shoes, but he discovered that and erased it off! Next, they put powder on the kneeling bench, so that when they stood it would show on Zach’s pants. That prank ended in a sweet, touching moment because Whitney dropped to her knees trying to brush off his pants in a loving gesture. It made everyone realize her compassion and thoughtfulness, and you could hear the “Awww’s†running throughout the sanctuary. Next, the best man acted like he couldn’t find the ring, then he pulled out a ring pop, ripped the paper off and handed it over. Then he dropped to his knees in a gesture of praying for the real ring to show up, as a tiny ornament lowered from the ceiling into his hand. The piano played “The Hallelujah Chorus†as the ring was removed from the ornament. Love, Kelly"

I would be so pissed if someone did that to me at my wedding.

I can see the ring coming from the ceiling being kind of funny, but defacing his shoes with the writing and pants with the powder crosses the line. Pictures last forever. We also know that Zach subverted the planned prank to plastic wrap the car. The fact that Zach and Whitney were trying to undo all of the pranks shows that the bridal couple did not appreciate or welcome them.

I can see the ring coming from the ceiling being kind of funny, but defacing his shoes with the writing and pants with the powder crosses the line. Pictures last forever. We also know that Zach subverted the planned prank to plastic wrap the car. The fact that Zach and Whitney were trying to do all of the pranks shows that the bridal couple did not appreciate or welcome them.

Kelly said that most of the pranks were pulled by Josh and Josiah. The only one that the bridal party seemed to have a say in was the ring one. It's one thing if the party, who are very close with the couple and no doubt want the best for them, throw in a prank here or there to lighten things up, but I would be royally pissed if random guests were setting up pranks.

Wow, none of those are funny. If they want to do pranks they should do them some other time. Don't mess with the actual ceremony; that's a really inconsiderate thing to do.

Kelly said that most of the pranks were pulled by Josh and Josiah. The only one that the bridal party seemed to have a say in was the ring one. It's one thing if the party, who are very close with the couple and no doubt want the best for them, throw in a prank here or there to lighten things up, but I would be royally pissed if random guests were setting up pranks.

That should say "undo all of the pranks." I just fixed it above.

I don't know if Zach had rented his suit or not, but what if he had rented it and had to return it? I don't think rental places would take back a suit that had been defaced or at the very least, I bet they would charge a cleaning fee. Its doubtful but the Duggars don't know if the pants were actually Zach's or not. Very unclassy of the Duggars. Remind me not to invite them to my wedding.

They have ready taken pregnancy tests and are disappointed when they are negative? They have the rest of their marriages to breed, why can't they just enjoy the honeymoon period.

That isn't "thankfully receiving the children God sends you", it's frantically pursuing a baby as a symbol of devotion and adulthood.

Well, I know some here have been speculating that Whitney was pregnant before the wedding. That MIGHT have a little something to do with why they are advertising negative pregnancy tests, especially if FJites were not the only people who wondered the same.

(FTR, I was firmly in the non pregnant camp and, furthermore, president of the "Whitney is not carrying any extra weight" society.)

I find wedding pranks so obnoxious. I don't even think the cake-face-smoosh thing is cute, ever. If it's pre-planned it seems pointless because it's supposed to be fun and spontaneous, and if my partner smooshed cake into my face on the spur of the moment after I'd spent a ton of time and money getting my face and hair perfect I would be PISSED. I swear, I do have a sense of humour and I don't think wedding days are the omg most important serious occasion ever, but I don't get the point of stuff like that. Save it for the reception and make THAT entertaining and fun.

I think the couple has more than enough to worry about without having their car cling wrapped shut or thinking someone lost the ring. The only thing that made me smile was how it came down from 'heaven' with the hallelujah music. If the couple was in on it I'd think that was a fun and entertaining way of bringing it into the wedding. I agree guests have no right to play stupid pranks and clearly they didn't WANT pranks if they were trying to undo them.

Same here. I'm gonna be selfish and wish for NO babies for at least a year. If the Bates are reading this, I mean no harm. I just think young couples should wait and enjoy being married. Whit and Zach have not dated for years like most mainstream couples. Which means they are not use to each other yet. I'm not saying you can't be ready for marriage without dating for a few years. I realize that is total nonsense in the fundie world. Unless you are Pa Servan who made his oldest daughter wait 2 years b4 allowing her to marry. Did Gil and Kelly have kids right away?

Ha ha. We still don't know what Nathan & Lawson Bates have been up too. They could be courting a Duggar girl on the down low & JB is just saving the surprise for ratings. Remember how shocked we were about Michael. Nathan was holding a cell phone in a recent picture. Now why would a single, fundie guy be holding a cell phone? It's not like he has a real job at the moment.

Perhaps playing candy crush. :wink-kitty:

I think they need a baby because what else is there? Cleaning the house, bringing your husband lunch? Lets say Josh and Anna had no kids, after 5 years what would Anna be doing right now? would they even be able to stay together since most of their marriage is about the kids?

At least Whitney is working and has some college but I'm sure she would stop working soon after she gets pregnant. At least she can do some medical billing (if she is lucky enough to find a job in that field) from home. I still do not see how Zach can support a quiver long term? The scrap metal yard? Is that something you can do for life?

I don't know, but I will be very interested to see how the whole quiverfull thing plays out over the next 10-15 years and beyond as these kids who were given lackluster SOTDRT educations, told to carry no debt, marry young, and have kids in the double digits, actually start producing large numbers of children. I'm convinced that their ideology and lifestyle is totally unsustainable, and they will have to either make major changes or die out. Time will tell.

I don't know, but I will be very interested to see how the whole quiverfull thing plays out over the next 10-15 years and beyond as these kids who were given lackluster SOTDRT educations, told to carry no debt, marry young, and have kids in the double digits, actually start producing large numbers of children. I'm convinced that their ideology and lifestyle is totally unsustainable, and they will have to either make major changes or die out. Time will tell.

Yes, I am really interested in how all of this plays out as well. Since the children tend to stay near the parents, the areas they live in will be flooded with their own forms of entrepreneurial services (tree cutting/windshield repair/construction/car repair), so only so many of them can actually make a living at semi-skilled work that doesn't require a degree or an employer. It will be interesting if the rules are relaxed when the higher ups realize the problems, or if there will be some type of "lost boys" situation.

I don't think it will take long for this to become a problem either. I think the generation that is marrying right now, if they are fertile and follow the rules they were taught, may go into crisis mode within the next decade.

Yes, I am really interested in how all of this plays out as well. Since the children tend to stay near the parents, the areas they live in will be flooded with their own forms of entrepreneurial services (tree cutting/windshield repair/construction/car repair), so only so many of them can actually make a living at semi-skilled work that doesn't require a degree or an employer. It will be interesting if the rules are relaxed when the higher ups realize the problems, or if there will be some type of "lost boys" situation.

I don't think it will take long for this to become a problem either. I think the generation that is marrying right now, if they are fertile and follow the rules they were taught, may go into crisis mode within the next decade.

I think they'll either relax the rules, or start practicing polygamy.

Re: the bolded, I agree that it won't take long either. I suspect many of these newly married fundie couples we are watching are going run up against the inherent problems with this lifestyle very, very soon.

Between married couples with limited prospects and the whole SAHD phenomenon, I don't get too worried over Quiverfull and other fundie typies taking over the world. Let them have their fantasy, it's not going work out over the long haul anyway. Some will adapt (the Bates family are already doing some of this) and others won't (Maxwells comes to mind here).

Archived