IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Wedding - Part 2

happy atheist

I think he might find that his lack of education is going to get in the way eventually. Sure, he might make it to public office in his local area but if he's dreaming about going further than that, um no.

Maybe the fact that Smuggar got to work for the FRC gave him some hope or something.

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How do they continue to pay for such shenanigans?

Gothard. Seriously. It's no coincidence that Gil is given a spot on the board of directors, elevating them to royalty status, and his kids are married off to and courting ATI royalty.

Gothard. Seriously. It's no coincidence that Gil is given a spot on the board of directors, elevating them to royalty status, and his kids are married off to and courting ATI royalty.

I am sure that's a lot of it and his position within ATI is probably thrown around a lot to get what they want. They are in a conservative area with a lot of fundies, it's going to carry some weight. Even with less fundie or mainstream folks, this is Bible belt and the fact that they are this big Christian family will count for some even if they aren't familar with ATI/Gothard. Another factor that was mentioned in another thread is probably the southern hospitality culture and no one will want to be a bad guy for refusing.

I personally would hate to be a business owner in their town and having to deal with their requests for discounts and donations which are probably constant. Wonder if there's anyone who had the nerve to say no.

They really do honestly think they're going to be able to take over the country, don't they? It's kind of baffling. They're so out of touch with reality. Yes, I know right wing fundamentalists get into office, but this is seriously the advance guard of the dominionist movement, a bunch of guys in their mid twenties with barely a high school diploma, almost no income, no higher education... yeah, good luck with that.

They really do honestly think they're going to be able to take over the country, don't they? It's kind of baffling. They're so out of touch with reality. Yes, I know right wing fundamentalists get into office, but this is seriously the advance guard of the dominionist movement, a bunch of guys in their mid twenties with barely a high school diploma, almost no income, no higher education... yeah, good luck with that.

Even right wingers who do get into office have more education than these dominionist "we going to take over the country" hopefuls. These guys have no chance, really. And with the country as a whole becoming more progressive, I would say their window of opportunity, if there ever was one, is past.

And Jim Bob lasted only one term in office because he was only focused on one issue. Zach might want to remember that.

Even right wingers who do get into office have more education than these dominionist "we going to take over the country" hopefuls. These guys have no chance, really. And with the country as a whole becoming more progressive, I would say their window of opportunity, if there ever was one, is past.

And Jim Bob lasted only one term in office because he was only focused on one issue. Zach might want to remember that.

Its not just education they lack, its money. Politics are very much a rich man's game.

That is exactly what I was thinking. Gothard likes to have politicians on his side and he might be trying to create some now.

No, no, two. Abortion and cutting taxes, etc, for any industry he happened to be in.

Per Kelly: They had bar-b-que pork, chicken, and several other meats plus lots of sides! What a step up from Erin's cold cut and olive on a toothpick. :lol:

I hope she posts pictures of the reception.

Well,the fact they had a cake just for Gothard at Erin's wedding makes me think he helped bankroll some of it.IMO it was likely an unspoken 'thank you'.

Of course with Whit's family doing the wedding preps for hers,he probably didn't stick his nose in.

Per Kelly: They had bar-b-que pork, chicken, and several other meats plus lots of sides! What a step up from Erin's cold cut and olive on a toothpick. :lol:

I hope she posts pictures of the reception.

Really? I thought Got Hard was anti-swine? <-----There's a joke in there somewhere. Maybe involving the Pearls before swine? Idk can't think of it Im never funny when I try too hard.

Here's Kelly's response to the pork question:

Kelly January 23, 2014 at 4:10 am

Dear Martina,

The Old Testament refers to that pastor’s beliefs. Eating pork, however, does not affect your salvation, or love for the Lord, or commitment…It might affect your health is all. Many guides in the Old Testament were for health reasons. Gil eats it at restaurants occasionally. I don’t cook it and we don’t eat it at home, only because it can cause toxemia in pregnancy. Since I used to be pregnant quite frequently, it was easier to just scratch it off the menu. It was for health reasons, not Christianity! I believe, as Christians, we’re free to eat those foods…I also believe its wise for all of us to try to eat healthier than we often do. Since I haven’t been pregnant in quite some time, I don’t mind when my baked potatoes gets fully loaded once in a while…lol. I’m the first to admit, though, that our diet needs to have some healthier foods like natural, unprocessed organic goods…a goal to shoot for! Love, Kelly

I wonder if she meant toxoplasmosis rather than toxemia.

I wonder if she meant toxoplasmosis rather than toxemia.

But toxoplasmosis is only found in raw meat, isn't it?

Duggars doesn't eat pork? I'm sure Josh has eaten bacon. On the other side, I've seen them eating cold cuts, and at least in my country the most of the cold cuts are made of pork.

I would not be surprised if the teachings about pregnant women and pork come from a Gothard medical booklet. Gothard tried to find health reasons for all the OT dietary laws to prove that God only gave these laws so to keep his people healthy and flat out lying, twisting information or leaving out things(like it only applies to undercooked meat) is the norm for him. And what is she is saying isn't that far off from what Gothard teaches, he admits that Christians can eat things like pork,(I think he called it keeping the highest standard?) just that they shouldn't.

No, no, two. Abortion and cutting taxes, etc, for any industry he happened to be in.

Thanks. Knew about the abortion part but not cutting taxes. Doesn't surprise me though.

Undercooked meat also especially pork. Some pregnant women avoid pork for that reason.

Although toxemia could be a Gothard fallacy.

How long will that feeling of "fun homemaking" last? :think:

She works 3 to 4 part time days only. She’s enjoying the extra time to be a new wife with all the fun homemaking and such. I’m not sure how that schedule will change, especially as Zach’s campaigning begins to increase. Love, Kelly

Duggars doesn't eat pork? I'm sure Josh has eaten bacon. On the other side, I've seen them eating cold cuts, and at least in my country the most of the cold cuts are made of pork.

They eat turkey bacon and turkey sausage. They have said that on the show.

And re: cold cuts :

You can get sliced turkey, chicken, roast beef, etc. here in the USA. :)

How long will that feeling of "fun homemaking" last? :think:

Until she has a couple babies to take care of on her own on zero sleep.

Oh, and I agree with the OP who said it's Lawson's money that is bankrolling Zach's mayoral bid.

Kelly January 23, 2014 at 4:10 am

Dear Martina,

The Old Testament refers to that pastor’s beliefs. Eating pork, however, does not affect your salvation, or love for the Lord, or commitment…

Neither does a woman wearing pants, or having a job, or kids going to school, or being able to choose their own spouse, their own career, higher education, etc. etc. etc. :angry-banghead:

Oh, and I agree with the OP who said it's Lawson's money that is bankrolling Zach's mayoral bid.

I wouldn't be shocked if Gothard made a generous contribution. The Bateses seem to be his pets right now.

I wouldn't be shocked if Gothard made a generous contribution. The Bateses seem to be his pets right now.

Not Zach. Gothard wasn't in his wedding. Also, Zach seems not involved in ATI. We have seen other Bates in missions or in boot camps, but never Zach. Or at least I think so.

Will Gothard be invited to Alyssa's wedding?

Archived