IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Wedding - Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the helpmeet writing on the shoe is enough to show that these guys are not headed for fundie lite any time soon.

I think that depends on your definition of fundle lite. It's still fundie. It may mean a partner by his side to him rather than, "Lick my boots, female scum." He does say "walk through life with me" not "walk through life with you behind me". :confusion-shrug: Time will tell.

Summary: Zach Bates, the oldest son of Gil and Kelly Bates, married Whitney Owens, the adopted daughter of a baptist preacher who celebrates Halloween and his wife, who owns her own hair salon and wore a sleeveless dress to the wedding. They met at Sonic, where Whit worked and still works. She finished her associates degree in business with a specialty in medical coding/billing/insurance. She used to wear pants but wears skirts now.

The red and white themed wedding was small. She wore a normal dress with a bolero jacket. The Duggars all attended. Pictures indicate a healthy sexual chemistry for each other.

They honeymooned in Hawaii where they hiked every day. One pic shows her skirt next to her while she appears to be wearing black leggings, suggesting a subversive nature. They didn't photograph anything like beach visits, luaus, ocean activities, or even one drink with an umbrella in it.

They've started the blog, zachandwhitneybates.blogspot.com and Zach consistently uses "your" for "you're" and also referred to Whit as a helpmeet and himself as "her baby boy," much to the chagrin of FJ. They are renting a house but no pictures yet. Speculation about how fundie they will be continues.

Wasn't she referring to him as her helpmeet (or am I confused)?

said in my best four-year-old voice:

"No, silly -- girls have headships! Only boys have helpmeets! Everyone knows that!!1!1!"

Congratulations! Whitney’s dress is beautiful. Was she able to find a modest dress or did she have to have it altered?

Kelly January 12, 2014 at 12:29 am

Dear Nan,

It was strapless and low cut, so she added a jacket. To make it higher, David’s Bridal added a strip of wide ribbon that was covered with beads and jewels. Love, Kelly

I would not have known that part of the dress was an addition. They did a much better job of "modestifying" Whit's dress than Erin's.

FYI: The blog referred to above ( zachandwhitneybates.blogspot.com) does not exist. There is this one though. zachandwhitney.blogspot.com/

I think that depends on your definition of fundle lite. It's still fundie. It may mean a partner by his side to him rather than, "Lick my boots, female scum." He does say "walk through life with me" not "walk through life with you behind me". :confusion-shrug: Time will tell.

Don't forget, she's actually WORKING at Sonic 4 days a week. In addition, doesn't she have to wear pants there, or do the carhops wear skirts? And if they wear skirts, are they fundie-approved? (Sorry, I've never been to a Sonic, but hear they have carhops or something similar.)

Don't forget, she's actually WORKING at Sonic 4 days a week. In addition, doesn't she have to wear pants there, or do the carhops wear skirts? And if they wear skirts, are they fundie-approved? (Sorry, I've never been to a Sonic, but hear they have carhops or something similar.)

I've never seen any carhops wearing skirts at the Sonics in my area. My aunt got "convicted" about wearing skirts several years ago and modified her nurses uniform to some floor-length getup from the 1800s and the hospital was fine with it, so perhaps Sonic wouldn't object either-- especially if Whitney said it was for religious reasons.

I love Whitney's wedding dress! It was gorgeous and modest, but not overly so. Boleros, lace and jackets work better for making a dress modest than alterations.

Nathan looks like he can't wait to have a helpmeet of his own: (from the zack&whitney blog, photo number 15)

lh5.ggpht.com/-fXypddOf7pM/UtP4ml1vuxI/AAAAAAAAA34/tlX_bx9YfAs/s640/KmoW-NJ6c_jCzav2CHUcnXwbS6JqA5QNhiw8RvHKipY.jpeg

I believe Whitney's dress is the exact same one that my daughter wore for her wedding back in November. My daughter paid about $700 for the dress which I thought was too much for a wedding dress. But then again I am old and practical!

They are such cowards and they have no sense of humor. At least, I guess that's why they didn't make my comment public.

I told them their pics we're beautiful but that it's you're not your. At least, if it's not supposed to mark a possessive case.

Kelly just posted a new blog entry about Zawhit's wedding. Super cute photos. Zach's cheeks are always red in the pics. I'm not Caucasian so not asking to be cheeky (ahahahahha) or rude, but do lighter complexioned folks' cheeks turn red when they are excited or nervous? I mean for a prolonged time, cause in every photo his cheeks are flaming. Or were his cheeks maybe always that red and I failed to notice that aspect of his complexion?

Kelly made the following comment which I thought was sweet and indicative of her continuing relationship with her kid AFTER they stop being babies:

Yes, I LOVE my new in-laws!!! I absolutely don’t think I could be any happier. We’ve been on several dates together, had game night together at Erin’s, movie night together at Zach’s, and I had a lunch date and cooking day with Erin and Whit! Soooooo fun!!! The siblings take turns spending time at the couple’s houses. It’s been wonderful. I’m blessed more than words can describe! Love, Kelly

Kelly just posted a new blog entry about Zawhit's wedding. Super cute photos. Zach's cheeks are always red in the pics. I'm not Caucasian so not asking to be cheeky (ahahahahha) or rude, but do lighter complexioned folks' cheeks turn red when they are excited or nervous? I mean for a prolonged time, cause in every photo his cheeks are flaming. Or were his cheeks maybe always that red and I failed to notice that aspect of his complexion?

Yes. Amount of blushing depends on the person, though. Some people blush SUPER easily. I have one guy friend who goes beet red at the drop of a hat, it's actually the cutest thing ever. Given that it was his wedding, I'm sure he was both excited and nervous, plus kind of embarrassed. If it's cold, that will also cause red cheeks. And finally, some people just have a ruddy complexion, and their cheeks always look red no matter what!

Yes. Amount of blushing depends on the person, though. Some people blush SUPER easily. I have one guy friend who goes beet red at the drop of a hat, it's actually the cutest thing ever. Given that it was his wedding, I'm sure he was both excited and nervous, plus kind of embarrassed. If it's cold, that will also cause red cheeks. And finally, some people just have a ruddy complexion, and their cheeks always look red no matter what!

I also get red blotches around my neck and cheeks if all attention is on me. It's funny - I can stand at the front of a classroom all day and talk to kids no problem but ask me to talk in front of a group of adults and I go all splotchy.

Cool thanks for the insight and for understanding I wasn't trying to be rude or snarky. Just Curious.

Is that tag hanging from Zach's boots or pants? Was he planning on returning them after the wedding?

blog.thebatesfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/IMG_6695.jpg

blog.thebatesfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/IMG_1238.jpg

Is that tag hanging from Zach's boots or pants? Was he planning on returning them after the wedding?

blog.thebatesfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/IMG_6695.jpg

blog.thebatesfamily.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/IMG_1238.jpg

Good eye. I assume it's from the boots. I think Kelly mentioned they got them two for one or something like that at a sale, so they were new. I don't know how you forget a tag that large, but boys....

Archived