IGNORED

Zach & Whitney Bates Wedding - Part 2

happy atheist

Y'know, I've never understood that verse. I always thought of a fruit tree, and farms, and how you'll destroy the soil if you grow the same thing over and over for years... and eventually, trees stop bearing fruit.

Poor farming techniques were a big reason the "dust bowl" happened in the 30/40's. I think we all agree this extreme fundie "lifestyle" isn't one that will succeed over time. Each generation will receive less and less education, etc...

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly has updated the blog, once again, with pictures from the ceremony. She said the ceremony was filled with pranks, which is nice that they enjoyed that instead of taking offense to it!

Alyssa's name is misspelled on the program. :doh:

I think it's fun that they included some Christmas music, and walked out to Jingle Bells. :)

Good catch.

Honestly, it makes me sick that the "Duggar boys" pulled off pranks. WTHeck? Why do they continue to mess with other peoples special day? John was the only one in the wedding so I wonder what "boys" contributed. (And he wasn't even the best man.) I can understand decorating the get away car and pranks like that, but not pranks during the actual ceremony.

In one picture, where Zach is looking at Whit at the alter, it looks like Smuggar in the background maybe with a camera.

I will say, the pictures of the actual ceremony seem more personal with this wedding. Pics of the grandparents being seated etc. I really liked the color scheme too. Kelly's mom, Betty Jo Smith, is very pretty.

I like that Kelly is "styled" on those special days. Unlike Mullet who just looks awkward and wears the same blue blouse every.single.time.

I guess it's Kelly's girls' influence, but she's really beautiful. Could be that she's genuinely happy about her children marrying, instead of being afraid her future DIL will bear more babies... :x

Btw, I can't get over the fact how awfully fitted those bridesmaid dresses are. Please, Michael, learn how to fit them or use another pattern or ask your siblings to give you a break, but this is NOT good. I know you could do better if you were allowed to be a bit more creative. :cry:

Eh, I'm fine with pranks during weddings-then again, a typical Hindu ceremony can be filled with pranks which the family pulls. When the bride is walking down the aisle, the bride's sisters put a veil like sheet in front of the groom so he cannot see her until after a few prayers are done. Sometimes the sisters won't remove the sheet until the groom pays her money. There's another one where the couple exchanges garlands and the bride's brothers will lift her up to prevent the groom from putting the garland around her. There's another prank thats pulled before the bride walks in where the brides sisters steal the grooms shoes and cannot get it back until he pays her. It's just a bunch of fun stuff to lighten up the mood.

As long as the bride and groom were okay with the pranks, I don't really see any harm in them. I know at one of my aunt's wedding, my uncle threatened to cancel the wedding because he didn't like the fact that there were pranks-he claimed it took away from the seriousness of the ceremony. I don't agree with it but that was just his viewpoint.

From a comment in the second post, it seems Michael sewed the dresses. The dresses are nice, but I think she needs more practice with that material. Her seems pucker a bit.

I think it's fun that they included some Christmas music, and walked out to Jingle Bells. :)

I like that for them. Do you have the link?

From a comment in the second post, it seems Michael sewed the dresses. The dresses are nice, but I think she needs more practice with that material. Her seems pucker a bit.

She's not a professional seamstress and I think it's nice she did her best. I imagine her sisters and friends were very appreciative with her sewing. I've had professionals fit various dresses and they have not turned out perfect.

She's not a professional seamstress and I think it's nice she did her best. I imagine her sisters and friends were very appreciative with her sewing. I've had professionals fit various dresses and they have not turned out perfect.

Eh, I wasn't criticizing her. Just making a comment that she seems to need more practice on that material. The other dresses she sews in other materials don't have that issue, and are very well-crafted. I did say the dresses were nice, didn't I?

Though, I wonder why she hasn't pursued being a seamstress. She obviously likes it, and could make a pretty decent living catering to the modest market, while still living at home.

In one picture, where Zach is looking at Whit at the alter, it looks like Smuggar in the background maybe with a camera.

That has to be Smuggar with possibly a video or digital camera. What is he doing with it?

I like that Kelly is "styled" on those special days. Unlike Mullet who just looks awkward and wears the same blue blouse every.single.time.

I guess it's Kelly's girls' influence, but she's really beautiful. Could be that she's genuinely happy about her children marrying, instead of being afraid her future DIL will bear more babies... :x :

Kelly really looks nice, definitely looks nicer than Mullet did at Smuggar's wedding. Does Boob allow Mullet to be styled other than the time TLC had the birthday makeover? It looks like the Bates do know how to throw a wedding. I just wonder what kind of pranks the Duggar boys played. Hopefully they were appropriate and not spoiling Zach and Whitney's special day just so the limelight could be on the Duggars.

I guess it's Kelly's girls' influence, but she's really beautiful. Could be that she's genuinely happy about her children marrying, instead of being afraid her future DIL will bear more babies... :x

Btw, I can't get over the fact how awfully fitted those bridesmaid dresses are. Please, Michael, learn how to fit them or use another pattern or ask your siblings to give you a break, but this is NOT good. I know you could do better if you were allowed to be a bit more creative. :cry:

I definitely think the Bates are more fashionable than the Duggars, which is funny if you remember how the Bates were introduced on the show. The Bates were all in their prairie dresses and the Duggar girls were acting all snooty and better than them. The tables have turned.

Eh, I wasn't criticizing her. Just making a comment that she seems to need more practice on that material. The other dresses she sews in other materials don't have that issue, and are very well-crafted. I did say the dresses were nice, didn't I?

Though, I wonder why she hasn't pursued being a seamstress. She obviously likes it, and could make a pretty decent living catering to the modest market, while still living at home.

I didn't want to imply that she did a bad job. She didn't in Erin's wedding. Maybe it was a different fabric, but it doesn't look like it. I think it's due to the fact that those weddings were so close together date-wise and Michael had a deadline which unfortunately made her invest more time on Erin's bridesmaids' dresses than on Whit's. OR she uses the same pattern over and over again without fitting it to the individual wearing it and Erin's bridesmaids just happened to have their dresses fit better than Whit's maids. KWIM? It's not that Michael can't sew, she can. But somehow she had issues fitting the necklines to the wearer. I very rarely notice stuff like this and it took me days to figure out Erin's alterations on her wedding gown, BUT if something like those ill-fitting bridesmaids dresses jump my eye, I think it's definitely a more obvious thing :think: .

Yes, I agree

Oh, geez. I didn't recognize them. I thought maybe they were in a courtship and it was an unfortunate picture. Not that I know they are sibs, it's a really unfortunate picture.

I didn't want to imply that she did a bad job. She didn't in Erin's wedding. Maybe it was a different fabric, but it doesn't look like it. I think it's due to the fact that those weddings were so close together date-wise and Michael had a deadline which unfortunately made her invest more time on Erin's bridesmaids' dresses than on Whit's. OR she uses the same pattern over and over again without fitting it to the individual wearing it and Erin's bridesmaids just happened to have their dresses fit better than Whit's maids. KWIM? It's not that Michael can't sew, she can. But somehow she had issues fitting the necklines to the wearer. I very rarely notice stuff like this and it took me days to figure out Erin's alterations on her wedding gown, BUT if something like those ill-fitting bridesmaids dresses jump my eye, I think it's definitely a more obvious thing :think: .

I thought the quality for both sets of dresses was the same. If you look closely at the seams, they are off in both sets. She may have used the same basic pattern for both dresses, with slight alterations for neckline, hem length, and sash type. It's definitely the same fabric, too. I just think she hasn't had a lot of experience with that fabric.

And the baby obsession begins.

Gina January 17, 2014 at 8:51 am

LOVING the pics!! Your family must have been exhausted with 2 weddings close together and the holidays. SO SWEET the message on the bottom of the shoes. Was that an original idea? One question, the shoes are signed “Your baby…†and it looks like it says “boy�???? Is that correct?

Kelly January 20, 2014 at 6:12 am

Dear Gina,

The message was referring to Zach, himself…not a baby. They have taken pregnancy tests since being married for over a month now, but were sad to find no baby news yet…Of course, God’s timing is perfect and they are content with His plan…but they had gotten their hopes up a little. Love, Kelly

Kelly also said that Whitney plans on homeschooling.

Kelly says Whitney is willing to homeschool her children. So no job for Whitney after the first baby arrives. And no hope for "little Bates family", because Zach is earning little money (he's working in a shop).

I hope they are smart enough to use some kind of birth control.

Homeschooling doesn't start until the child is 4 or 5, beyond just working with them with shapes, colors, little words etc. And I don't blame any mom who wants to stay home with her child/ren. Zach and Whit may be in the works right now to get her set up to do Medical Coding from home and be using her Sonic money to either get that started up or to build a small nest egg.

I noticed someone asked Kelly a question about John Duggar. I guess people feel like Kelly is really approachable and will respond. The Duggars are pretty much unapproachable to ask questions about the kids.

She also said that the pranks were led up by Smugs and Josiah, and how they come by it naturally because of Boob. :roll:

She also said that the pranks were led up by Smugs and Josiah, and how they come by it naturally because of Boob. :roll:

I have the feeling Kelly didn't enjoyed the Duggar's jokes.

Archived