IGNORED

Plain Torah Keeper - Tabby Update

Peas n carrots

I haven't seen anything posted on Tabby lately, our favorite Messianic Plain Mennonite. It looks like she recently became a grandmother again - this time her daughter who got married a little over a year ago (with the defrauding, strapless gown!!1!) had a baby.

plaintorahkeeper.blogspot.com/2013/11/pictures-from-my-granddaughters-3rd.html

I think it was mentioned on here a while back she finally left her asshole ex husband, who married her when she was very, very underaged and saddled her with several children before she could legally buy a drink.

plaintorahkeeper.blogspot.com/2013/10/i-entreat-to-fathers.html

From the recent photo it looks like she is much happier and healthier. It looks like her two younger daughters are no longer plain (though I worry about their homeschool education considering their mother had an 8th grade education). Hopefully she has found someone to source her real matzo instead of using Triscuits.

As "da fuq" and enraging some of her views are, I kind of have a soft spot for her. She seems to love her kids despite them drifting from fundiedom. She also refused to no longer be a doormat for her husband as well. I truly wish her happiness surrounded by her kids and grandkids.

Yeah, I've always kind of liked her. I'm glad that she's away from her husband and enjoying her kids and grandkids. I was scrolling through her blog a bit to see what she's been up to. She has an entry on controlling acid reflux. Stop eating animal products. That's it. One sentence. I was comparing it in my head to Zsu's treatise on self medicating with heavy metals and had to laugh.

Oh god, I just read the blog entry where she details her abuse. It made me a little sick. I hope Tabby and her kids are ok. Even if she's kind of hilarious, the fact that she was given to an abusive asshole at such a young age makes me feel like she's a window into the future of at least a few of the young homeschool maidens we follow.

I noticed that she removed a lot of the more dire anti-abortion widgets on the side of her blog and now has ones about home birth. Maybe she's taking classes in that area.

I have a hard time picturing those girls as "plain", they seem so...normal. It makes me wonder what other fundie girls would look like sans frumpers.

Tabby's blogger profile says she is an apprentice midwife. I readily admit to having a soft spot for Tabby. She just seems so happy in all her pictures, like she has joy coming out of her? Cheesy, I know. But I'm not sure how else to explain it. Tabby also seems more concerned with utilizing her religious faith to order her life and bring herself happiness, rather than being hateful or imposing her beliefs on others.

My gateway fundie! I agree that she seems happier since her divorce, although her blog lay-out is headache-inducing.

I have read post about this woman. Can someone tell me how many kids she has.

I think she has 5 kids? None of them appear to be following in their mom's footsteps, in terms of dress anyway, and I believe the older ones aren't all that religious. I don't know about the ones who still live with her. What's nice is that none of that seems to bother Tabby. I'm sure there may be a part of her that's disappointed, but she only has nice things to say about her kids when she mentions them, and she really seems to delight in them and her grandkids. It's refreshing.

She has an entry on controlling acid reflux. Stop eating animal products.

Not for me! I had a really nasty bout of reflux last year, along with gastritis, and I was almost vegan (I had something with dairy in it maybe once or twice a week). Two rounds of Prilosec were what controlled my acid reflux, thankyouverymuch. (And I'd still be eating that way right now if I weren't pregnant and still sick a lot of the time. Right now I just eat what goes down. Still vegetarian, though.)

I hope Lori reads her testimony sometime about not being able to change an abuser and the love that god has for each person. Lori's advice would have been to stick it out, be more submissive, etc. Tabby is living, christian, uber-submissive proof that it DOES NOT WORK.

Wasn't she married at about age 17? I remember her being a really young bride. Good for her for getting away from her awful husband. I hope she and her children are getting all the love and support they need.

Our resident revenge nutter need not bother with this one. She knows 8-)

plaintorahkeeper.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/free-jinger-site.html

Wasn't she married at about age 17? I remember her being a really young bride. Good for her for getting away from her awful husband. I hope she and her children are getting all the love and support they need.

I think she was closer to 13/14 when she was married. IIRC she had 4 of the 5 kids before she turned 21.

I don't think she is even 40 yet!

I think she has 5 kids? None of them appear to be following in their mom's footsteps, in terms of dress anyway, and I believe the older ones aren't all that religious. I don't know about the ones who still live with her. What's nice is that none of that seems to bother Tabby. I'm sure there may be a part of her that's disappointed, but she only has nice things to say about her kids when she mentions them, and she really seems to delight in them and her grandkids. It's refreshing.

I totally agree.

I think she was closer to 13/14 when she was married. IIRC she had 4 of the 5 kids before she turned 21.

Woah, how is that even legal?!

Poor thing. :( She was just a child, its no wonder she grabbed onto religion for comfort. What else did she have? I hope she gets to experience the joys of life now. Its so refreshing to see her speak about her kids and grandkids, as compared to some of the other fundies we discuss. Imagine if Lori the monster were to be presented with a mixed race out-of-wedlock granddaughter.

I believe she was 13 and 14 at the oldest and is only 36 right now although she seems to have aged a bit prematurely from a young marriage, lots of kids, abuse and her Fibromyalgia.

She seems to be making the best with what she has and quite obviously loves her family no matter their views. So glad she got away from her abusive ex. Wishing her all the best.

Poor Tabby. :( That abuse post was just heart-wrenching. She's incredibly brave, leaving the only support she's known since she was 13 years old.

Also, threadjacking a bit... I'm embarrassed to admit that I find Tabby's eldest son INCREDIBLY good looking.

God, that's heatbreaking. I have a fuzzy memory of her writing about getting married super young, but there's a huge archive and it's really hard to read with all the fonts. She posted a pic of herself aged 21 a while ago. She used to be gorgeous.

I just have such high hopes for her. She's young enough that she can start fresh and really make a life for herself. She seems genuinely kind and willing to learn. That's more than I can say for 99% of the fundies we follow, who seem to absolutely drip venom.

It makes me happy to see her so obviously loving her family despite their no longer following her belief structure, as well as allowing the kids still at home to dress they way they want to. I'm glad she's away from her abusive husband, as well. This is the kind of thing we come across all too rarely in the fundie blogosphere, and it honestly warms my heart.

I just saw that she has MS, and that's heartbreaking. My mom has MS, and it's not fun. I hope she stays well.

Archived