IGNORED

Post from Skylar re Nazi persecution of gays

2xx1xy1JD

crazyjewishconvert.blogspot.ca/2013/11/book-review-branded-by-pink-triangle.html

I know that some have occasionally snarked on her posts, but this one was very good and thought-provoking. I also like the fact that she sees a huge difference between "thing that may be prohibited in a religious text" vs. "being fine with a government criminalizing and persecuting people who do that thing".

I liked that she called out a Rabbi referring to gay people as things.

It's sad that the gay victims of Holocaust were only recognized little more than a decade ago.

The post-Holocaust narrative is pretty appalling, especially for the gay and Roma victims. The lack of recognition and just plain ignorance has always astounded me. One of my history teachers in high school was Jewish. When we studied the Holocaust, she refused to acknowledge any victims other than the Jewish ones. Now, Nazi treatment of the Jewish community was unforgivable and indefensible. I won't argue that. I got sent to the principal's office for being "combative" because I insisted on bringing up other victims. Apparently the Roma in particular deserved to be in the camps and murdered because they're criminal, or so she said.

As much I like Elie Wiesel's work, I've always struggled with his antipathy towards the Roma. http://www.history.ucsb.edu/projects/ho ... locast.htm

Archived