IGNORED

I'm not trying to be critical

homeschoolmomma1

Okay so a bit of backstory. a woman I know was Catholic, but left the church when she found God while on a family road trip. Her husband started a home church and then she got an online 'medical degree' (I don't really get that part). With this she also became RAW (eating only raw foods although I don't think they follow it 100%) Her oldest is Messianic and they are just Bible believers.

I am a Catholic and most of her posts seem out there...

Anyway... she posted this tonight

Live for Christ! We won't please them all, so why try! If we are living for the Almighty than we are living! Life is too short to people please. People will come and go...relationships as well ...and someone will always be there to criticize you so go for the one who will NEVER let you down. Abba .....you are my KING!

After this...

I Praise Abba for deep healing that occurred last Saturday! I could feel cancer trying to come back and in the presence of Brothers and Sister in Christ and with the thick consuming presence of the Holy Spirit....it fled under the command of the name of Yashua. Pain that was getting worse and worse over the months and the lessening of my energy and vitality by the attack of cancer. But now....GONE! Thank you Abba Raffa Healer.

I'm not trying to be a jerk... but I don't know... how can you know if cancer is trying to come back?

The odd thing is these 2 posts are connected... in what way I don't know

Thoughts? :popcorn2:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Abba Raffa Healer" :wtf:

I have never encountered Abba as a name of god before, but I looked it up and now I know. Nothing on Raffa and Abba Raffa together just got me your post here. I am so confused. Any chance you'd be willing to ask her how she learned this name of God?

"Abba Raffa Healer" :wtf:

I have never encountered Abba as a name of god before, but I looked it up and now I know. Nothing on Raffa and Abba Raffa together just got me your post here. I am so confused. Any chance you'd be willing to ask her how she learned this name of God?

I googled it and got rapha instead of raffa. Which is God the healer

I think she mispelled

Holy crapola. I learned "Abba" as another name for God the Father when I was a fundie kid, but as a cancer survivor, this is offensive. I trust my doctor, and my own common sense and knowledge of my body, in guiding my medical decisions.

But Abba Raffa is a new one for me--made me think of Raffi and then Baby Beluga...and it all went to hell from there...must be so nice to have a direct line to god for knocking out those cancer cells ASAP.

I got in big trouble at a fundie-lite church once mentioning my cat who had a nickname of Abbacat. Did not go over well.

Jehovah-rapha is one of the names of God in the Old Testament, and it means "God who heals." In Hebrew, rapa means "to make well".

"Abba" is a really common name to call God in the circles I grew up in. I don't know if I've heard it with rapha before, but I've definitely heard Jehovah-rapha a lot (Jehovah-jireh a lot more, though).

.. Abba .....you are my KING!...

My thought was immediately of four Swedes in tight white jumpsuits.

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

I too have had transformative moments under the guidance of Abba. Kind of the opposite of murder on the dance floor. Although I didn't realise Raffi had joined. Did Bjorn leave?

Definitely not a real Jew. We're all about modern medicine. The whole life is sacred thing means utilize that shit to make you better.

honestly, she probably just had gas.

In my town the Chabad rebbetzin is against Western medicine, but that is an entirely personal thing with her. Or, it would be personal if it wasn't having an impact on her very large family. She home-birthed all 7 of her children, is anti-vax, and they don't have a pediatrician or go to a doctor for any reason. Her anti-medicine views, plus her homeschooling of the children, makes her seem even more fundie than the average Chabad person.

Now I have "Dancing Queen" in my head.

You're such a dancing queen, and you're not alone. :dance:

Or this... a7c35fc3f263b81ca7fc88a9ba5.jpg

Abba seafood

I'm not trying to be a jerk... but I don't know... how can you know if cancer is trying to come back?

The odd thing is these 2 posts are connected... in what way I don't know

Well, I knew when my breast cancer came back because it showed up on a mammogram. I depend on MRIs of my liver to know if ocular melanoma is setting up residence. I don't have a direct line to Jesus or Abba or whoever so I have to depend on medical science. You would think with 5 cats one of them would smell it but so far they seem clueless.

Too bad my husband's pain doesn't go away in the presence of the Holy spirit. Maybe I need to vacuum.

In my town the Chabad rebbetzin is against Western medicine, but that is an entirely personal thing with her. Or, it would be personal if it wasn't having an impact on her very large family. She home-birthed all 7 of her children, is anti-vax, and they don't have a pediatrician or go to a doctor for any reason. Her anti-medicine views, plus her homeschooling of the children, makes her seem even more fundie than the average Chabad person.

Yikes! The one near me isn't like that. All their kids have braces, and the rebbetzin flat out told me that if a mother's life is in danger, the woman should have an abortion, and that if anything medically happened on shabbat they'd take their kids to the ER without a second thought. Basically, they follow the Jewish laws and whatnot, but aren't insane crazies who pray away illnesses.

The one thing I always wonder is if people aren't allowed to carry things with them during shabbat, what do you do about a diaper bag? Do you keep a spare one at the synagogue?

I met a young Orthodox couple with a baby that lived in a town without an eruv. The wife would just stay at home with the baby on Shabbat and not go to the synagogue at all, because bringing the diaper bag, stroller, and possibly the baby counted as carrying. She could pray at home, since women aren't required to pray 3 times per day and she wouldn't be counted in a minyan anyway.

I met a young Orthodox couple with a baby that lived in a town without an eruv. The wife would just stay at home with the baby on Shabbat and not go to the synagogue at all, because bringing the diaper bag, stroller, and possibly the baby counted as carrying. She could pray at home, since women aren't required to pray 3 times per day and she wouldn't be counted in a minyan anyway.

Once I pushed the rabbi's baby's stroller home from Chabad services so that his wife could attend. I got delicious food out of it so it worked out.

Once I pushed the rabbi's baby's stroller home from Chabad services so that his wife could attend. I got delicious food out of it so it worked out.

Cool! What food did they serve?

Kugel, chicken soup, roasted vegetables, and a pasta thing. It was so good.

Is kugel that stuff that came in a jar, peanut butter already mixed with jelly? I haven't had that since I was a kid. I wonder if they still make that.

Archived