IGNORED

Only older women have time to teach younger women

Lori's post from today

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-older-women.html

Why does God want older women to mentor the younger women? I see all these younger women teaching other women and I wonder how they do it. I think the Lord wants older women teaching younger women because they have the time to do it.

James Dobson gives a great reason to not be too busy during your child raising years ~

Crowded lives produce fatigue, fatigue produces irritability, and irritability produces indifference. Indifference can be interpreted by the child as a lack of genuine affection and a sense of belonging. Children just don't fit into a "to do" list very well. It takes time to be an effective parent when children small. It takes time to introduce them to good books. It takes time to fly kites and play ball and put together jigsaw puzzles. It takes time to listen, once more, to the skinned-knee episode and talk about the bird with the broken wing. These are building blocks of family life, held together with the mortar

of love. It seldom materializes amidst busy timetables.

This is one reason God wants older women to teach the younger women to be keepers at home. When I encourage you to be a keeper at home, I encourage you to spend your time and energy on raising your children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord, love and please your husband, fix nourishing food, keep a tidy home, etc. NOT spend your time on things that take your time away from these important things.

Another reason, I believe, is that older women don't get offended as easily. I read these blogs of young women who close down their blog if they get offended or if they get criticized and attacked, it causes them to get upset and stressed out. They have children to protect, are younger, and don't have the life experiences that older women have.

If you are blessed to be able to be home full-time, don't use that time on outside ministries. Use it on ministering to your family. Your children will be grown up before you know it and you will have plenty of time to teach the younger women how to be godly wives and mothers.

First off, I will admit that I do like getting advice or learning things from older women. But I do think we can always learn from women in our same age range or are only few years older.

Lori's post annoys me because we all know she is a shitty mentor and she hates working women. But she acts like women with young children or younger women can't help out other people because they don't have life experiences. I think she is a being idiot there. There are some younger women out there who have probably encountered more financial difficulties than Lori has and there are younger women who have dealt with things on their own because they don't have doting parents like Lori. I think it is great at least Lori's parents dote on her, but she doesn't realize she can't teach all younger women because some women are very different from her.

Gonna go out on a pretty thick limb to suggest MOST women are very different than Lori. I'm a stay at home mom in a pretty traditional gender roles kind of marriage and I still don't identify with her whatsoever.

Perhaps it is because Lori Alexander is a monster.

Well, to be honest, there are times that I wish the young fundie bloggers would take this advice and sit down and shut up. While women of all ages usually have something to say - these young fundie bloggers (Jacinda, Botkin girls, etc - I am looking at you) who give advice about homeschooling when their oldest is 4, and marriage when they aren't married, could probably take a hint from this post.

That being said, Lori should definitely NOT be giving anyone advice, even though she is an older woman. I shudder to think what the wold would be like if she were to be taken seriously by too many people.

Wouldn't mentoring have something to do with, you know, life experience? I'm surprised that Lori wouldn't mention that first as a reason.

I'll agree that it's great if you aren't too busy and too tired to really spend quality time with your kids. I just don't see how that fits in with the other bits of advice that Lori gives, like saying that nothing good has come from birth control, and advising young couples to marry before they have their financial act together, and not expecting husbands to pitch in with the house or kids.

Lori's post from today

lorialexander.blogspot.com/2013/10/why-older-women.html

First off, I will admit that I do like getting advice or learning things from older women. But I do think we can always learn from women in our same age range or are only few years older.

Lori's post annoys me because we all know she is a shitty mentor and she hates working women. But she acts like women with young children or younger women can't help out other people because they don't have life experiences. I think she is a being idiot there. There are some younger women out there who have probably encountered more financial difficulties than Lori has and there are younger women who have dealt with things on their own because they don't have doting parents like Lori. I think it is great at least Lori's parents dote on her, but she doesn't realize she can't teach all younger women because some women are very different from her.

The older I get, the more I think that James Dobson is a complete and utter jerk. In the many years of hearing him or about him, there is only ONE thing he's ever said that I think is accurate, and that is that the church makes too big a deal about teen boys masturbating and the idea of lust in their heart. Beyond that, each time I hear him, he hits a new level of smarmy condescending douchbaggery.

So it is no suprise Lori Alexander the monster would love him.

I despise James Dobson. My mom beat us over the head with him through my teenage years, & bought all of his books & "study guides."

I foolishly tried to deal with my schizophrenic, abusive first husband by reading "Love Must Be Tough." All that got me was a worse beating.

As far as I'm concerned, James Dobson & Focus On The Family are poison.

Archived