IGNORED

Women are making men unchivalrous

SpeakNow

Apparently men no longer feel the need to be chivalrous because women don't expect it. Wtf?

"The real problem here is that women, for one reason or another, have become complacent and allowed men to get away with adhering to the bare minimum. We no longer have to put in the effort of flowers, chocolates, dates, etc., and if we do, we come off as stage-five clingers. I’m not looking for a girlfriend, nor am I looking for a wife. If I take you out to a nice dinner, it’s because I’m a nice guy, and I am looking forward to spending time with you somewhere other than the bedroom."

http://elitedaily.com/dating/sex/why-ch ... rspective/

Yeah, there are women who care about having doors opened for them, getting presented flowers and chocolate and those who don't.

Sheesh, it must be soooo difficult to be a man, being required to see a possible partner as an individual with personal tastes and interests instead of having a one-fits-all manual!

And that is totally the fault of the women, of course it is. Because it always is.

A lot of the women who support MRAs are also complaining that men are no longer chivalrous and don't open doors for women or don't let them on the bus first and so on. Well, there have always been clueless, jerky men and there has always been clueless, jerky women. And this may come as a shock to some MRAs and the ladies who love them, but men always open doors for me and they often let me on the bus first. These are men of all ages, races, backgrounds, etc. And I'm no hottie nor am I a frail, old lady. Maybe it's because unlike the lady MRAs I am charming and I don't always expect it, but when it does happen I am gracious and appreciative.

Apparently men no longer feel the need to be chivalrous because women don't expect it. Wtf?

"The real problem here is that women, for one reason or another, have become complacent and allowed men to get away with adhering to the bare minimum. We no longer have to put in the effort of flowers, chocolates, dates, etc., and if we do, we come off as stage-five clingers. I’m not looking for a girlfriend, nor am I looking for a wife. If I take you out to a nice dinner, it’s because I’m a nice guy, and I am looking forward to spending time with you somewhere other than the bedroom."

http://elitedaily.com/dating/sex/why-ch ... rspective/

Ok, so the argument is that if women raised their standards and demanded more from men, men would be forced to treat them better?

I could maybe, possibly buy that argument, but I think it would work against this guy. You see, he's going on these dates even though he's not looking for a girlfriend or wife. In other words - he's looking for a hook-up, but calls himself chivalrous because he at least buys flowers, pulls out her chair and takes her out to dinner before sleeping with her. If he were to encounter women who demanded an actual relationship - not just a dinner and meaningless gestures - before sleeping with him, how would he feel?

• 3 weeks later...

I try to smile and say thank you to gestures of chivalry, because it's polite, but when men followup by bragging about how chivalrous and Nice they are for doing something sweet for me and start complaining about all those other ebil womens who don't notice their total Niceness , I rapidly stop sympathizing.

This, unfortunately, has been my experience on quite a few occasions, so now I'm a little leery about chivalrous gestures.

Archived