IGNORED

Kidist's style blog

super skeptic

I don't know if someone else has found this before but I came across it while googling her and oh lord:

kidistbeautyandstyle.blogspot.com

Needless to say she has no sense of good style, but she is convinced that she does.

Also, her style of flat shoes, flowers, weird rounded hats, (THE PIC ON HER AVATAR, LOL) and pink pink pink is something not even my grandmother would wear. My grandmother is way more modern and elegant, and she'd refuse to dress like a 4 year old who rummaged through the "Celibate" section of Goodwill.

For a style blog, it's very dull and unattractive visually.

And who wants to "coat" any food in Dijon mustard?

Me, actually. I love a good dijon and brown sugar glaze on either pork or salmon. Of course I may have to go kill myself now since I apparently have something a little too close in common with Kidist. :P

None of her pictures are showing up and that makes me sad. How can you have a "style" blog without pictures? I'm not reading her words, no freaking way!

Me, actually. I love a good dijon and brown sugar glaze on either pork or salmon. Of course I may have to go kill myself now since I apparently have something a little too close in common with Kidist. :P

+1. Not sure about the orange juice, or the side of "delusional", but there are some foods I enjoy with a lot of mustard.

Shock Top IPA by Anheuser Busch ... a beer for the "discerning palate."

Kidist needs to get out more.

And it's been out at the LCBO for ages. And she drank it at Moxies at Square One.

For the Americans here, Moxies is like a Canadian version of Cheesecake Factory. Square One is a giant, banal suburban shopping mall. This is not the stuff of style-setters.

Shock Top IPA by Anheuser Busch ... a beer for the "discerning palate."

Kidist needs to get out more.

I'd drink Shock Top over anything else Anheuser Busch puts out. Then again, I would say the same about a bucket of warm pee fresh from the Budweiser Clydesdales.

That also reminds me of one of my favorite jokes:

Q: How is American beer like having sex in a canoe?

A: They're both fucking close to water.

Also, her style of flat shoes, flowers, weird rounded hats, (THE PIC ON HER AVATAR, LOL) and pink pink pink is something not even my grandmother would wear.

There was an admirably fierce, smart, and tough old lady who lived next door to me until she suddenly died recently. She was in her late 90s, at least--I would not be surprised if she made it past 100.

Anyway, she wore the exact same kind of cloche hats Kidist favors--hell, they were in style when she was young, so why not? Her entire style would have passed muster with Kidist, because she went out every day in a dress and nylons and sensible flats and her good wool coat and cloche hat. She walked miles and miles every day, pulling her granny cart along (though Kidist would not have approved of the cardboard gin box lining the bottom).

But she was a feisty, intelligent lady, and would have had absolutely no use for the likes of Kidist. People fascinated her, and while out and about every day she loved to talk to immigrants and international students from all over. And this wasn't condescending; she was genuinely curious, and enjoyed hearing their takes on things. Kidist's racism and hatefulness would have baffled and disgusted her.

My grandmother is way more modern and elegant, and she'd refuse to dress like a 4 year old who rummaged through the "Celibate" section of Goodwill.

LOL.

After browsing that blog, Kidist reminded me of Lady Lydia. Both women lead verry narrow, stunted, unhappy lives. Both try to live out fantasies of gracious gentility from another age, while imagining this puts them above the common, jeans-clad rabble. But both do so in the most mediocre, and ultimately tasteless and tacky, ways. Both lack sophistication--Kidist tries harder to convey it, but this is a woman who blogs seriously about the cheap wine she drank at a chain restaurant in a suburban shopping mall. Hell, her symbol for all that is Beautiful is a purple rose. Yeah, Kidist, quite the authority on matters of taste, you are.

"The 'Celibate' section of Goodwill"...that still has me laughing. I'm stashing that away in memory for future use. :clap:

Archived