IGNORED

Man proposes to girl and marries her on sameday

sunshine

It was sweet since it was her wish and he took the time to go through her pinterest board and plan her dream wedding.

But he proposed to a woman, not a girl. Sorry, that is an annoyance of mine. Women being called girls. We would never see "Woman proposes to boy".

It was sweet since it was her wish and he took the time to go through her pinterest board and plan her dream wedding.

But he proposed to a woman, not a girl. Sorry, that is an annoyance of mine. Women being called girls. We would never see "Woman proposes to boy".

I was attempting to write girlfriend but got distracted. I didn't mean to offend.

I understand. It is just so common for women to be called girls and it just drives me nuts. But this is a sweet story. A pinterest wedding. That has to be a first.

That's impressive, I'll give him that.

But what if he picked the wrong dress or something? I pinned a lot of dresses and tried them on later - they don't look the same on you as they do on the picture.

Idk, maybe I'm just too cynical and controlling - there's no way I'd hand over that kind of decision making.

I find wedding pinterests created by non-engaged people to be kind of passive aggressive...let me explain.

I know a few girls who are in relationships who have these marriage pinterest boards. None of these girls are engaged, but they attach their pinterest to facebook so every time they pin a wedding dress or a reception theme, it gets blasted to all of their friends...including me and their boyfriends.

Now, if I were in a relationship with a guy who had one of these and he kept publicly posting all this wedding crap, I would feel really pressured to propose. I would also feel uncomfortable that this person I was in a relationship with had already planned his wedding and wanted no input from a potential partner. (blah blah it's the bride's day-no, it's a shared event.)

Caveat: I never planned my dream wedding as a kid and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Obviously, this case is different and they both had probably already discussed marriage and seem to be in a good place. But in general, I find the practice off-putting.

I wanted to see more of the decorations and other ideas he got from her pinterest! LOL

It was cute... I'm not sure if it would be my thing but she was really happy.

I agree about wedding pinterest pages. I was never a dream wedding person either, but I do enjoy looking at wedding dresses and the like just because I like dresses. You could at least make it private until you are actually engaged.

Men normally don't care about the details of the wedding. I am getting married in a few weeks, and the "whatever you want" is extremely annoying. I would love whatever he planned since that would mean I wouldn't have to do it.

"I called everyone I know with a private jet"

LOL. You know how many people I know with a private jet?

NONE.

Cute story, and I did city hall b/c planning a wedding is my own hell, so I would have loved something like this.

I find wedding pinterests created by non-engaged people to be kind of passive aggressive...let me explain.

I know a few girls who are in relationships who have these marriage pinterest boards. None of these girls are engaged, but they attach their pinterest to facebook so every time they pin a wedding dress or a reception theme, it gets blasted to all of their friends...including me and their boyfriends.

Now, if I were in a relationship with a guy who had one of these and he kept publicly posting all this wedding crap, I would feel really pressured to propose. I would also feel uncomfortable that this person I was in a relationship with had already planned his wedding and wanted no input from a potential partner. (blah blah it's the bride's day-no, it's a shared event.)

Caveat: I never planned my dream wedding as a kid and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Obviously, this case is different and they both had probably already discussed marriage and seem to be in a good place. But in general, I find the practice off-putting.

I have a friend who isn't engaged who actively plans her wedding on Pinterest - and shows her boyfriend pins and wants to have discussions about everything. She says he loves it, but... idk.

I kept my wedding planning comments to random things and mostly looking at rings on Pinterest before my fiance proposed. I did feel like I was going to overwhelm him if I did otherwise.

Archived