IGNORED

Has anyone seen this gem.... Kingdom Pen

paganhomeschooler

Kingdom Pen, the free e-magazine for Christian teens to write for the glory of God! One of the bangers in the homeschooling FB group I'm in posted about this today. kingdompen.org/

From their About page:

"By mission statement, Kingdom Pen is a small, free e-magazine that’s aim and goal is to encourage teens to write well, write purposefully, and to always write for Christ. Our goal is to start a charge against the lines of secular fiction that is poisoning the minds of our culture, and to encourage teen writers to flood the world with stories that shine the light of Christ and share His truth. The only thing that will ever fix the problems of this world is the atoning work of Christ, and we believe that one of the best ways to share the glory of His truth and work is through the timeless art of story telling. We are here to do what we can to encourage the promotion of that art and be ready to start a fire for Christ to burn through the hearts of our culture–a culture that is obsessed with stories."

Well, at least this means we should have another generation of bloggers to snark on, right?

Always write for Christ!

Poor Jesus. He's the son of God, doesn't he deserve really excellent reading material? Instead, he gets this.

Kingdom Pen, the free e-magazine for Christian teens to write for the glory of God! One of the bangers in the homeschooling FB group I'm in posted about this today. kingdompen.org/

From their About page:

[i"]By mission statement, Kingdom Pen is a small, free e-magazine that’s aim and goal is to encourage teens to write well, write purposefully, and to always write for Christ. Our goal is to start a charge against the lines of secular fiction that is poisoning the minds of our culture, and to encourage teen writers to flood the world with stories that shine the light of Christ and share His truth. The only thing that will ever fix the problems of this world is the atoning work of Christ, and we believe that one of the best ways to share the glory of His truth and work is through the timeless art of story telling. We are here to do what we can to encourage the promotion of that art and be ready to start a fire for Christ to burn through the hearts of our culture–a culture that is obsessed with stories."

Well, at least this means we should have another generation of bloggers to snark on, right?

The name sounds like a prison -- a really large prison! :lol:

I hope the writers will choose titles that they think will pull other teens in by echoing the titles of YA fiction. Imagine:

The Hunger for Redemption Games

Godlight

Stigmata (instead of Holes, of course) :D

Jesus the Giver

The Fault in Ourselves

Not Divergent

The Immortal Instrument

To Convert a Mockingbird

By mission statement, Kingdom Pen is a small, free e-magazine that’s aim and goal is to encourage teens to write well,

Based on that sentence alone, it's not working.

Based on that sentence alone, it's not working.

This reminds me of the school they want to open in the movie ZOOLANDER for, "kids that can't read good." :clap:

Archived