IGNORED

The Maxwell beards continue...

anjulibai

From the pics of their Belleville conference, Steve, Joseph and John and are still sporting beards, but Jesse is not. Very interesting.

I also think it's funny how sparse all the beards are. They all look like they are sporting a few days of stubble, not actual beards.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol:

I read the title and thought "Maxwells need beards? I thought that was just Greg, Dougie and David Waller!"

I had to read the post to realize you meant actual hair on the chin.

*snort* Yeah, I was thinking about how that might be confusing.

I do think the change is interesting. You know it must mean something, because they never just change something like that without some stupid, supposedly Biblical reason.

Pictures of Jesus often depict him with long hair and a beard...

In the UK short beards are quite trendy at the moment. I don't like them on myself as though I hate shaving, stubble makes me feel itchy. I don't like them on potential boyfriends either as it's like kissing sand paper and makes my face blotchy.

Interesting that Jess is allowed to shave and be different. I still think John and Joe were caught shaving body hair by Stevie, thus have had their razors banished. It took me three attempts to ask why they have beards to get a >>>>> so cannot be bothered to ask why Jess is different.

Poor Sarah notes that some poor child has been named after a Moody character :angry-banghead:

Yep, the facial hair is back. I think they shaved off after the CO trip, but it would appear it is back. I hate facial stubble on potential boyfriends, too -- it's like sandpaper when kissing -- no thanks! So maybe the facial hair on the Maxwell boys is being grown to remind them to stay clear of kissing anyone. It's like barbed wire and a visible warning to all women to stand clear.

The women/girls have been permitted to branch out a bit with their hair lately: curls, pinning back, even a flattering haircut for Teri. So I think it's quite democratic for Stevehovah to allow the boys a bit of hair change, too, even if it looks awful. Could he be loosening up slightly, or is this a brand readjustment to try injecting some hipster life into their faltering family business?

The women/girls have been permitted to branch out a bit with their hair lately: curls, pinning back, even a flattering haircut for Teri. So I think it's quite democratic for Stevehovah to allow the boys a bit of hair change, too, even if it looks awful. Could he be loosening up slightly, or is this a brand readjustment to try injecting some hipster life into their faltering family business?

It's like when they quite suddenly stopped wearing the frumpers. It's a mystery that will never be explained.

It's like when they quite suddenly stopped wearing the frumpers. It's a mystery that will never be explained.

No, I don't think even the intrepid JohnMarie could worm it out of them.

"The Moodys and the Mysterious Case of the Missing Frumpers"

That whole thing still perplexes me. One day frumpers, next day gone, never to return again. :think:

"The Moodys and the Mysterious Case of the Missing Frumpers"

That whole thing still perplexes me. One day frumpers, next day gone, never to return again. :think:

I think Stevie finally discovered us and that's why the frumpers disappeared so abruptly. I think as much as he hates us, he also relies on us for some kind of informal market research. Once the frumpers disappeared, the next thing we knew, the girls' hairstyles started to change. He hates us but he listens to us, I think. Not sure why he didn't get our message that he's no expert on courtship, but at least he corrects blog entries when Sarah makes a grammatical error (well, we have to call his attention to it, but...).

I think the frumpers were discarded after Jimboob had a quiet word in Stevie's ear re the media. Strange that Stevie would even contemplate visiting the Duggers with his distaste of the BEAST.

I think the frumpers were discarded after Jimboob had a quiet word in Stevie's ear re the media. Strange that Stevie would even contemplate visiting the Duggers with his distaste of the BEAST.

Dang, I thought we were responsible for the frumpers! :(

Dang, I thought we were responsible for the frumpers! :(

Yes, shortly after Steve, Sarah & Anna visited the Duggars for the graduation party, the frumpers went poof!

Part of me wants to believe they had a fabulous image consultant come in, jazz up their personal style, and bring them into the 21st century with panache. But I don't think there's such an animal in the fundie pantheon.

Oh man, I so wish TLC would offer the Maxwells a show. Just for one season. I want to see a day in the life of Maxhell.....

Oh man, I so wish TLC would offer the Maxwells a show. Just for one season. I want to see a day in the life of Maxhell.....

I don't think Steve would do it. I think he'd be so stuck on his no-TV agenda that he'd refuse.

I think it's time we offered up a female martyr/decoy to poor Joseph and get an insider into the compound.

I don't think Steve would do it. I think he'd be so stuck on his no-TV agenda that he'd refuse.

I think it's time we offered up a female martyr/decoy to poor Joseph and get an insider into the compound.

Maybe, just maybe, if Steve-O was desperate enough for some money, the Maxwells could make a web series of sell DVDs of the Adventures of the Moodys. That would basically be a light into Maxhell......

Do you have evidence or strong foundation for this? I just can't imagine Stevehovah paying attention to anything the Boob says.

This.

The hair styling, the beards, the absence of frumpers - I think it's all carefully thought-out and calculated by Steve, designed to attract new followers/customers, boost sales, and maximize return on his Family As Product enterprise.

Yes, shortly after Steve, Sarah & Anna visited the Duggars for the graduation party, the frumpers went poof!

Honestly, I don't think Steve cares one bit what FJ, the Duggars, or anyone else thinks. The only opinion that matters to him is his own, oops, I mean THE LORD'S (same thing, really). He probably has some obscure verse he dug out of the Old Testament to explain the changes in attire and the facial scruff. Tomorrow, THE LORD may well instruct him to shave everyone's heads and dress in ashes and sackcloth.

Oh, and DEATH. Can't forget about that.

Every time I see a photo of Joseph and that smug face, I feel so happy that Elizabeth Munck got the heck outta there!

Speaking of hairstyles, and Teri getting permission (direction) for something a little different from her usual straight shoulder length style: I'd love to see her get about 3 inches cut off blunt, and a little perm added to her hair. Give her long, narrow face some width -- I don't think of her as a "pretty" woman but she is what BMJB called a "Handsome" woman, and bobbed hair with wave to it would really play up her classic features.

FTR, yes, I'm one of those cretins who thinks woman of a certain age look better with shorter hair, so sue me, it's just my HO.

And the first woman my mom called "handsome" was her mother-in-law, my paternal grandma, who was again not conventionally "pretty" but looked a bit like Teri: long, narrow face, round jaw. To the day she died, she wore her hair braided and wrapped in a bun at the nape, and even when her mind was feeble, her appearance was that of a queen. Teri has that same presence - or would have, if Steve gave her the same respect my grandpa gave Grandma.

But I digress...

John Max *is* a cutie.

Archived