IGNORED

The Maxwell beards continue...

anjulibai

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dang, I thought we were responsible for the frumpers! :(

I think that the frumpers were assigned to cleaning duty for a bit after they changed to long skirts and tops.

I think Stevie finally discovered us and that's why the frumpers disappeared so abruptly. I think as much as he hates us, he also relies on us for some kind of informal market research. Once the frumpers disappeared, the next thing we knew, the girls' hairstyles started to change. He hates us but he listens to us, I think. Not sure why he didn't get our message that he's no expert on courtship, but at least he corrects blog entries when Sarah makes a grammatical error (well, we have to call his attention to it, but...).

FJ is Steve's Greek chorus.

Cruising us is probably the most excitement he ever gets.

This.

The hair styling, the beards, the absence of frumpers - I think it's all carefully thought-out and calculated by Steve, designed to attract new followers/customers, boost sales, and maximize return on his Family As Product enterprise.

Nice as it is to assume FJ has some influence over Steve, I think Marian has it exactly right.

Possibly, Steve realized even conservative Christians were having trouble relating to the Maxwells and made (or, approved) a change where the frumpers are concerned.

I'm also wondering if maybe the Maxwell sisters, while traveling, noticed other conservative Christians dressed modestly but fashionably and approached Steve about changing.

I think they said Mary was their outfit coordinator. I can certainly see a teenage girl developing an interest in more fashionable clothes, even if she's stuck in Maxhell.

Poor Sarah notes that some poor child has been named after a Moody character :angry-banghead:

I saw that. Then someone commented that they hope she can be a wife & mother someday. (Was it someone from here)

I saw that. Then someone commented that they hope she can be a wife & mother someday. (Was it someone from here)

Oh, probably, but they won't get any kind of response. Now, if there'd been a Bible verse posted along with the comment, well, then maybe.

8-)

Nice as it is to assume FJ has some influence over Steve, I think Marian has it exactly right.

Possibly, Steve realized even conservative Christians were having trouble relating to the Maxwells and made (or, approved) a change where the frumpers are concerned.

I'm also wondering if maybe the Maxwell sisters, while traveling, noticed other conservative Christians dressed modestly but fashionably and approached Steve about changing.

I think they said Mary was their outfit coordinator. I can certainly see a teenage girl developing an interest in more fashionable clothes, even if she's stuck in Maxhell.

I think it is really more the switch from Teri to Mary as the family wardrobe consultant. The frumpers were easy & inexpensive for Teri to keep a bunch of little girls neatly dressed

A new post is up. Staying in an RV park provides many opportunities to - you guessed it - have conversations. Everyone likes Steve, because "he has the right word of encouragement, compliment, or humor to whomever is around." (I guess the moratorium on joking is selective...) Someone treated them to a meal at Cracker Barrel. And the beard growth continues apace.

A new post is up. Staying in an RV park provides many opportunities to - you guessed it - have conversations. Everyone likes Steve, because "he has the right word of encouragement, compliment, or humor to whomever is around." (I guess the moratorium on joking is selective...) Someone treated them to a meal at Cracker Barrel. And the beard growth continues apace.

Can't they pay for their own damn meals once in a while? Geesh!

Can't they pay for their own damn meals once in a while? Geesh!

Or treat someone else to a meal? Have we ever heard of them buy someone else a meal?

Mary's writing comes across as very immature to me, even for her age. Maybe that's why she's just starting her junior year, even though she was supposedly trying to graduate early.

Or treat someone else to a meal? Have we ever heard of them buy someone else a meal?

Mary wrote "one of the guys". I took it as a reversal brother as that's usually how the "girls" refer to them.

I would love to see the Maxwell girls with the styles that the Duggar girls have now. Although I think Steve would have a heart attack if Sarah came home bright orange.

Bumping to report that a new post is up, complete with tug-at-the-heartstrings family photo, reminding one and all there's still time to spend $595 on Christopher's Quickbooks course. "The course can benefit an entire family, although only one person will be answering review questions and interacting with the mentor."

Bumping to report that a new post is up, complete with tug-at-the-heartstrings family photo, reminding one and all there's still time to spend $595 on Christopher's Quickbooks course. "The course can benefit an entire family, although only one person will be answering review questions and interacting with the mentor."

I saw that (my bolding here). I couldn't believe they thought they had to say it that way. They are trying to sell the product as something the whole family can benefit from but want to remind everyone that only ONE person in the family can interact with One Ton? They must have figured out people can cheat or something? Either way, the statement comes off rude.

Everyone likes Steve, because "he has the right word of encouragement, compliment, or humor to whomever is around." (I guess the moratorium on joking is selective...)

Saying that Stevehovah is going around distributing "humors" to the unfortunate strangers he meets in the RV park reminds me of "humors" in the medieval medicine sense. As in, Steve is offering transfusions of black and yellow bile and phlegm.

Another post:

We are very excited to be working on a resource to encourage young men and families in being debt free. We would like to hear about young men that you might know that are committed to being debt free and have purchased homes. If you know of some, please write us. Use the contact us form. Please enter your telephone number and e-mail address. Thank you.

Accompanied by picture of Joseph (that's photobombed by I think John).

Another book coming, it looks like. I think they need more products, because they've saturated the fundie market.

Is traveling around to conferences and shilling their products all the Maxwell's do?

Pretty much, and don't forget dusting ceiling fans, polishing cabinets and making burrito filling.

Isn't that so typical? Gotta make sure those plebs know the Maxwells won't allow more than one member of a family participate in their godly IT course (unless they want to fork out more cash). That would almost be as bad as borrowing MOTH from the library or buying one of their other books 2nd hand off eBay.

Just read the post about staying in the park- please, the whole " dad is such a fun guy that everyone loves" had to be in response to FJ or some other place that writes about him. I don't believe that for a minute he's a fun loving, social person. Good try Mary. And the "time to work" photos- do you think they choose to sit so far apart (finally some personal space) or do mommy and daddy mandate a certain footage and there is to be no talking to each other.

I don't know, but I have a feeling no one has signed up for this course.

I have a feeling Christopher's photography business isn't going so well either, hence the endearing picture of him and his family.

Walking outdoors seems to be a daily morning activities for them, yes?

Maybe the Maxwells are a testament to how healthy moderate exercise is -- get your blood pumping, get enough fresh air in your lungs, maybe a few endorphins, and you, too, can get through a day in Maxhell, imagining it is a good life.

Well, I don't think I could, but maybe it helps them.

Archived