IGNORED

The Courtship of Jessa Duggar - Part 2

happy atheist

[attachment=0]1476424_725725097457123_41599791_n.jpg[/attachment]

Jessa looks like Malibu Barbie and young Ben seems to have a cold.

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure he's tried. ;) And then wept and prayed for forgiveness for three hours. :?

Nothing on her ring finger. Yet.

Look on her right index finger, though. It looks like an untanned mark where a ring was. Isn't that the finger where they wear their purity rings? If so, it could raise the question as to why it would be off...

I find myself hoping that Ben goes to seminary. If he goes to seminary, a real seminary, maybe he will find his way out of fundamentalism. I know that at least one family has gone that route: patheos.com/blogs/formerlyfundie/the-back-story/

Maybe that could be a way they could break away from that lifestyle without Jessa losing ties to her family.

He's just gross looking and needs to whiten his teeth fast!

Ben's normalness brings attention to the upgrades to Jessa's already beautiful countenance.

Ben's normalness brings attention to the upgrades to Jessa's already beautiful countenance.

Yeah, his teeth look plenty white to me.

He's just gross looking and needs to whiten his teeth fast!

Wow. He is a regular person, not a television actor. I don't think most 18 year old boys have un-naturally white teeth in real life.

Seriously, Ben looks like a normal if not fairly good-looking guy, and I didn't notice anything wrong with his teeth... sheesh. The stuff these people believe and practice is of way more concern than their physical appearance.

Since Jessa is poor Jordyn's buddy, I wonder what will happen to Jordyn if and when Jessa does get married. Jordyn is still too young to be buddyless. Will she be assigned to anyone who cares a crap about her?

Ben looks fine, its just that Jessa is incredibly gorgeous.

Jordyn will probably end up on her own as everyones forgotten she exists. Jessa doesn't particularly do much buddy stuff with her though, she doesn't seem like a kid person. Hopefully Michelle will remember she needs a buddy, and assign her to one of the others. Unfortunately Jana and Jill's buddies are still young enough to need them, so it wont be either of them, who are the best buddies to have. I think she will be passed on to Jinger, as Hannie is old enough to be independent. Not much of a difference there, coffee and weird facial expressions seem to be the only things that separate Jessa and Jinger. None of those things are an advantage in buddying.

I would imagine Jordyn will be foisted on Joyanna. I don't think she has any buddies; she was supposed to have Josie but with her being so fragile she was passed on to Jana. So let's see... Jana has Jackson and Josie (maybe), Jinger has Hannie, Jill has Jennifer, Jessa has Jordyn (who could be passed off onto Joyanna or the brother who really loves her - Justin? maybe.

I think Ben looks fine and Jessa is very pretty. I hope they have a long courtship to get to know each other well. Maybe once they are out of daily scrutiny by their families, they will come up with a set of beliefs somewhat different from their parents'. Maybe they will even attend a real church and have fun at a street dance and try some fermented grape juice or wear capris...

I would imagine Jordyn will be foisted on Joyanna. I don't think she has any buddies; she was supposed to have Josie but with her being so fragile she was passed on to Jana. So let's see... Jana has Jackson and Josie (maybe), Jinger has Hannie, Jill has Jennifer, Jessa has Jordyn (who could be passed off onto Joyanna or the brother who really loves her - Justin? maybe.

I don't follow the Duggar clan very closely, but...Josie has been passed on to Jana? So...which child is Michelle caring for right now? Or is she done with motherhood now that she doesn't have a child under 1?

Ben looks fine, its just that Jessa is incredibly gorgeous.

Jordyn will probably end up on her own as everyones forgotten she exists. Jessa doesn't particularly do much buddy stuff with her though, she doesn't seem like a kid person. Hopefully Michelle will remember she needs a buddy, and assign her to one of the others. Unfortunately Jana and Jill's buddies are still young enough to need them, so it wont be either of them, who are the best buddies to have. I think she will be passed on to Jinger, as Hannie is old enough to be independent. Not much of a difference there, coffee and weird facial expressions seem to be the only things that separate Jessa and Jinger. None of those things are an advantage in buddying.

I agree with your first comment and that is why I find it hard to believe Jessa is in a courtship with him! We are attracted to another first with our eyes! His average looks, younger than her age and maybe no means to support her/them makes me think he is her ticket to freedom!!!

Hops on soapbox

Can we PLEASE stop holding Jessas buddy-skills against her? Yes, poor Jordyn deserves someone to look after her and to love her and poor Jessa deserves to not be that person. It should always have been Michelle! Every time someone posts "why can't Jessa just brush her hair" I think "why can't Michelle?" I know that we all agree that the Jslaves should not be in charge of EVERYTHING and everyone, but somehow people still seem to criticize Jessa because Jordayn looks so insanely miserable and forgotten.

Hops off soapbox

I don't hold it against her. Yes, she isn't a very good buddy, but she shouldn't have to be. Its not her fault she doesn't want to raise her mother's children. The situation is bad for both of them-Jessa needs to be able to have her own life and has a right to choose when she wants to be responsible for a child, and Jordyn needs a mother, but has a neglectful mother and got the short end of the stick when it comes to which buddy she got. Michelle and Jimbob are assholes for doing that to their children, and all the others, even the ones who had buddy arrangements which actually worked out. Jill and Jana seem to be very good at being buddies, but its still unfair on them as they didn't choose it either and were forced into it from being really little.

I like Jessa. Shes the opposite of what fundie girls are supposed to be like, and I hope she manages to get the life she wants because her and Ben having a million kids would be awful and she would hate it. She seems like a very tough, unsubmissive person with a strong personality that they somehow haven't managed to break. If she had the education, she could be anything she wanted.

My prediction: He's gonna go unfundie once he taps that.

erm, referring to a women as 'that' is a pretty unpleasant form of objectification, imo.

There's no hope for Jessa. I can't believe how sad I feel for this girl I don't even know.

Because, for the last 10 years, dominionists and fundies have been praising Robert E. Lee as a super Christian and a great American. I remember where I was the first time I heard about some book extolling his virtues on a local (Bott) Christian Radio station. While I'm fine with people writing biographies on any historical figure, this setting Lee up as a misunderstood hero because he was a Christian has seemed odd to me. But, the civil war is posed by many not as something as simple as "states rights" (see also states rights to own slaves) but as a Culture War, as they claim to be in today, between the Godly, Holy, Christ loving Southern States and the evil, ungodly, North.

Just as the fundies love the idea of fighting against unholy oppression in their current "Culture Wars" they love painting the civil war this way. It can be seen in the states rights movements the county rights movements and all the theonomy movements and 200 year plans that prefer or require a separate government. When painting the civil war as a war caused by the evil heathen north being aggressive against the holy southern Christians they need perfect Christian heroes. ANd Lee is first among them.

Because, for the last 10 years, dominionists and fundies have been praising Robert E. Lee as a super Christian and a great American. I remember where I was the first time I heard about some book extolling his virtues on a local (Bott) Christian Radio station. While I'm fine with people writing biographies on any historical figure, this setting Lee up as a misunderstood hero because he was a Christian has seemed odd to me. But, the civil war is posed by many not as something as simple as "states rights" (see also states rights to own slaves) but as a Culture War, as they claim to be in today, between the Godly, Holy, Christ loving Southern States and the evil, ungodly, North.

Just as the fundies love the idea of fighting against unholy oppression in their current "Culture Wars" they love painting the civil war this way. It can be seen in the states rights movements the county rights movements and all the theonomy movements and 200 year plans that prefer or require a separate government. When painting the civil war as a war caused by the evil heathen north being aggressive against the holy southern Christians they need perfect Christian heroes. ANd Lee is first among them.

The last ten years? Try the last 170 odd years. This "Lost Cause" crap was the civil religion in the South until the Civil Rights movement challenged its bogus view of history. This deification of Lee and the Old South is still around, even if it's not as public as it used to be.

erm, referring to a women as 'that' is a pretty unpleasant form of objectification, imo.

Same thread that has been snarking on perceived differences in how good the two look, or outright calling Ben unattractive, so I'd say it's par for the course. As in, all of it's unacceptable.

Wow. That's what you took out of that? Not even close. :roll: ffs

Archived