IGNORED

The Courtship of Jessa Duggar - Part 2

happy atheist

You don't find that expressions like "tap that" objectify women just the teensiest bit?

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually I've heard women use it more than men. Anyway I wasn't trying to objectify anyone. I meant to say that IMO I don't think Ben is as fundie as JB would prefer. It will be interesting to see what happens.

I wonder when Bessa will get engaged. And as far as what'll happen to Jordyn, since Jessa is her sister-mom, I bet she'll be passed onto Jana. I always thought that Jana. She has a real love for kids.

Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.... You can either have a creepy, abusive husband obsessed with you, or a creepy, abusive husband that insists you be obsessed with him...

Which is which?

You don't find that expressions like "tap that" objectify women just the teensiest bit?

I hear women use it towards men more often than I hear men use it towards women or women use it towards men.

Plus, the whole term is "tap that ass," but it was shortened to "tap that" to keep it from being AS offensive.

Nice.

Isn't she Ben's little sister? What is it with this family and abortion? It's so weird that teenagers, males especially, are so obsessed with it.

Jes Seewald (not sure how she is related, but she is on his friends list) posted this

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1 ... =616766880

Public Facebook page

Wait, what?? Is this saying that there is absolutely no situation where abortion is nescassry to save the mother? I mean, thats just not true. Plenty of Pro-life people know that that is sometimes the case. Look at atopic pregnancies!

Any predictions on when the Bessa engagement announcement is happening? Isn't the time from courtship to engagement pretty quick in Fundie circles?

My first thought from seeing "Jess Seewald" on Facebook was "Yeeeeesssss. A new friend for me to corrupt horribly. Come over to the dark side"

I want to corrupt a Duggar.

I don't follow the Duggar clan very closely, but...Josie has been passed on to Jana? So...which child is Michelle caring for right now? Or is she done with motherhood now that she doesn't have a child under 1?

When a child has bee weaned, he or she gets placed with a buddy. Michelle's buddy is JB.

Yep, direct abortion wouldn't have helped that poor woman who needed chemotherapy. Or someone with a heart condition who wouldn't be able to survive a pregnancy.

I love you too Jessa!

[attachment=0]1526183_1423441621221568_981770199_n.jpg[/attachment]

Ben Seewald Facebook

The cup, the writing on the cup, and Ben's reply all seem so 9th grade.

It's hard to imagine a marriage emerging from this.

It is a sweet gesture (immature for a grown up woman like Jessa though). But isn't it sad that it's the only way to express their love to each other? They never have a private moment for themselves and intimate gestures like that are always visible to the entire family ('awww, how neat'). :roll:

It is a sweet gesture (immature for a grown up woman like Jessa though). But isn't it sad that it's the only way to express their love to each other? They never have a private moment for themselves and intimate gestures like that are always visible to the entire family ('awww, how neat'). :roll:
...and on those infamous styrofoam cups!

I thought they weren't allowed to say "I love you" at the courtship stage?

Maybe Jessa doesn't give a shit... or maybe they are past the courtship stage.

Maybe in their view it doesn't say "I love you" but "I heart you" which could be open to interpretation...as in "I have a heart for ministry."

Archived