IGNORED

The Seppis -- Oh No You Didn't!!

demgirl

I just reported them for hate speech...not sure if it will do any good but at least it will go on their record!

These people make me ill. I think they're the one with limited brain function. And they dont' even seem to remotely understand the bible they claim to believe in as literally true.

Where are they getting this "limited brain function" thing from? I've heard plenty of stereotypes about Muslims, but "limited brain function" isn't one of them.

I find it disturbing that fundies who are somewhat more likable, like the Servens, are friends with such dumb, openly hateful people.

I find it disturbing that fundies who are somewhat more likable, like the Servens, are friends with such dumb, openly hateful people.

This is why it is hard for me to like or even tolerate most of the fundies we discuss. The older I get, the more I think that it's appropriate to judge people by the company they keep, at least to a certain extent. If a friend of mine said this horseshit, they wouldn't be my friend anymore. Simple as that. I'm having a similar issue with the Mortons at the moment. I think Austin is right. No matter how innocuous or lovely or nice or whatever any of these families might seem, when you look at the people and groups that they support, emotionally, financially or otherwise, they have often alligned themselves with the people and groups we hate the most.

I don't have any pet fundies. Can't really say that I have a soft spot for any of them and even less so as time goes by.

Agree. I read a cross-section of these blogs & websites but never forget that so many of them are fairly awful people with cruel, ignorant & offensive belief systems, despite the pretty photos & flowery prose.

Here is my latest comment, though I doubt they'll publish it

"Hello, I was wondering if it would be possible for you to post my previous comment? The one where I wrote that I think it's a shame that my Muslim friends and their family members, who have sacrificed so much for their community and county (many of them serve in the US military), are still held up for abuse and racist remarks.

Thanks!"

Easternabeille, they don't post comments which differ from their opinions. They are cowards. So much for being strong in their beliefs...

It might be better to report them for "adult content." That would put them behind a click-thru page that warns the reader of "adult content." One of my friends' blogs was not sexually explicit, but it was full of her profanity-laden rants. She ended up behind the click-thru page and her hits went way down.

Just a thought.

This is why it is hard for me to like or even tolerate most of the fundies we discuss. The older I get, the more I think that it's appropriate to judge people by the company they keep, at least to a certain extent. If a friend of mine said this horseshit, they wouldn't be my friend anymore. Simple as that. I'm having a similar issue with the Mortons at the moment. I think Austin is right. No matter how innocuous or lovely or nice or whatever any of these families might seem, when you look at the people and groups that they support, emotionally, financially or otherwise, they have often alligned themselves with the people and groups we hate the most.

I have "fundies" in the family and I do love them. They are very nice one on one, but have very ugly attitudes toward those they consider to be in an out group. It freaks me out that people can be so "nice" and simultaneously so ugly. They simply assume all these awful things they believe about people are true. For me, that's the worst thing about fundie-ism - the attractive face they try to put on such an ugly pile of poo. It draws in a lot of people who would otherwise be perfectly decent. It's a shame.

Archived