IGNORED

does anyone know about this family? everystory-storygirl

browngrl

I was reading a SAHD blog : everystory-storygirl.blogspot.ca/2013/09/the-stay-at-home-daughter-interviews.html

The author of the blog interviewed a young woman who said some interesting things: she has 8 sibs still at home and she is the second youngest at 20 (the others are all spaced 2 years apart). That is approaching Arnt family weirdness. Her father left the family about 7 years ago (I would run screaming if I was in a fundie family but fundie men don't usually do this sort of thing). Her older two sibs (the only ones who are not at home and who are married )moved out at 18 and put the family through "purgatory" (no details about what they actually did to merit this word). Anyway, I wondered if anyone know the back story.

I don't know, but everything about that interview made me really, really sad. I think I need to stop reading about fundies - it seems like so many of them are just so hopeless.

"I am twenty; my birthday is in December and soon I shall be one and twenty."

Sounds like someone's been to Mrs. Morecroft's School of Elocution and Composition.

Sophia rose with grace her lovely brown eyes looked over the crowd of people, all watching her intently she felt, as if waiting for her to make some mistake she took a deep breath and thought of him, he would tell her it was alright and to look to the future, steading her heart she slowly took each step, the thought of him made her strong, but how could they be together now ? at this moment she walked down the isle of a frescoed church white train trailing behind her and ahead, a sealed fate that could not be broken. she held her brunet head high, eyes like stone, not telling the storm that raged within her.

Punctuation and proper capitalization. She needs to discover these things.

I only have one comment for both blogs: Just because the English language contains lots of words, it doesn't mean you have to use all of them every time your write/answer a question. :geek:

I went for a quick look and aside from her stay-at-home-daugther-ish-ness she seems fairly normal, and at her age I don't think that part is particularly weird either. She's a Whovian and Sherlockian and likes the Lord of the Rings and Narnia... looks like the average tumblr fangirl really. She reads and the family does watch mainstream movies but seems to have some kind of filter thing on to avoid violence and sex, which, fair enough.

The one thing I did find weird was that she (and her family I assume) appear to think that magic is actually real. And she judges a movie by how it depicts magic. One example:

" Now…the magic. The Queen, Ravenna, is a sorceress of black magic, and it can get pretty creepy. However, I didn’t have a problem in and of itself with this (aside from the creepiness factor) because when bad guys do magic, it doesn’t bother me- people do practice magic, it can make things happen, and yes: it’s evil. There are examples of this in the Bible. So I never really have a problem with villains doing magic because it’s seen as what it is. Bad."

Maybe I'm living in the wrong country but the idea that people of this day and age actually believe that magic is real seems a little... odd? I know there are areas in rural Africa for example where "witchcraft" is alive and well but modern USA? Is this common among fundies?

This is the result of the fundie upbringing. What have they done???? Seriously, whoever homeschooled her needs a slap. She absolutely butchers the English language with her awkward use of big words and misuse of punctuation. She writes like a 12 year old who has decided to make herself seem more grown up by going through her writing and replacing everything with big fancy sounding words.

Its quite depressing to realise she is 20.

They think its weird that your ok with not dating or going out with friends or you don't have any

It's you're, not your. Minor, but that always bugs me.

Back to this line... :cry: That's just so sad. No friends at all?

They will probably think your mind is the result of a lifelong brainwash, from your parents and you have no good judgement on the matter of being imprisoned so unfairly.

And they're right because you have been brainwashed your entire life by your parents and you are young and sheltered and naive and therefore do not have good judgment on the matter. So in a way you are being imprisoned, but you don't see it.

Being with my family so often, having such a close relationship with each of them, in different ways. Being able to have the time to cultivate who you are surrounded by the only people who will get you truly and will only judge a little.

Most families are like this and I found I was closer to my parents after moving out. My dad's illness has made me closer to them as well. In the home or out, your family will always be your family and all good parents will love you no matter what and will always be there for you.

Thats a huge reason I think so many young adults are un happy and make colossal mistakes, they leave home so early that they don't have that security.

Or not. We're unhappy because we are stressed with life. You know, the real world of jobs and people and bosses and the economy. The world your parents live in and you hide at home behind your mom's skirt refusing to deal with. We all make mistakes. So the fuck what. It's part of learning and growing. Suck it up and get a job. I don't say that to most people because they don't cause their own circumstances with jobs and it's not usually their own fault they're unemployed. You need to get out of your house and do something to contribute to the society you live in.

Writing novels is my favorite, but that's sometimes more of a profession and makes me agitated, so reading is the most relaxing.

A profession? Not unless you work on your writing skills. A few college classes might help you out there, but that will require you to go out and actually interact with people who are not like you, so I don't think you will consider it.

Oh, and it's not being at home at that age that's an issue. It's that she's her age and doesn't do anything and doesn't have any plans to do anything with her life. That's just sad and just sounds like total misery to me. Wasting life away when you don't have to do so. It's not like she has health problems or something stopping her either. It's her family.

Archived