IGNORED

ITonRamp Exciting, Valuable new course: Quickbooks!

anjulibai

It seems the Maxwells have added a great new course on Quickbooks. You know, the software you can pick up at Bestbuy....that my grandmother taught herself....

It's $395 for 8 weeks. If you want them to send you a copy of Quickbooks Pro 2013, it's $595.

For the record, I found copies of Quickbooks Pro 2013 for about $150, depending on whether or not you want 90 days of tech support (which is about $20-30 extra) and a CD of tutorials for about $25.

Also, Christopher is apparently a certified professional in the Quickbooks industry....whatever that means....

They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel, aren't they?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For $395 you can get a year-long premium subscription to lynda.com that will give you 24/7/365 access not only to Quickbooks but to every one of the hundreds of titles in their ever-growing library. The only thing that missing is Jebus. And of course, the "mentors" for the menz only.

OneTon Ramp, what a freaking rip-off.

For $395 you can get a year-long premium subscription to lynda.com that will give you 24/7/365 access not only to Quickbooks but to every one of the hundreds of titles in their ever-growing library. The only thing that missing is Jebus. And of course, the "mentors" for the menz only.

OneTon Ramp, what a freaking rip-off.

Heavens, that site was created by a...a...a....woman!!! How ungodly!!

Actually, thanks for posting that, I might have to sign-up, since my Word and Excel skills could use a refresher.

lynda is absolutely awesome. I'm a graphic designer and have been a premium subscriber for about 10 years. It's the one resource I would never, ever give up. I'm the kind of person who gets a lot of enjoyment from improving my skills and learning new things so I'm never without access to it--they have apps for the iPhone and iPad. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

<----------Not a paid spokesperson :D

lynda.com sounds like what the Maxwells want ITonRamp to be, but don't have the wherewithal or skills to pull it off.

To be honest, their selection of courses is pretty small, given that they are only once a week and the materials could be created in a couple of hours.

I think it would be interesting for them to do a day in the life of each of the Maxwells. It would be repetitive as hell, but I have a hard time seeing how they fill their days sometimes with all this "computer work".

Sparkles, it sounds dangerously as if you've made lynda your idol. I'm sure 1 Ton Ramp has something to help you make the transition to worshipping more masculine sounding tech. Steva, perhaps.

lynda is absolutely awesome. I'm a graphic designer and have been a premium subscriber for about 10 years. It's the one resource I would never, ever give up. I'm the kind of person who gets a lot of enjoyment from improving my skills and learning new things so I'm never without access to it--they have apps for the iPhone and iPad. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

<----------Not a paid spokesperson :D

sparkles, thanks so much for this info! I've bookmarked it on my PC. I'm a tech writer for a company that's stalwartly marching straight into the 1980s, and I'm constantly aware that my skills may get stale, so I try to stay ahead of the local curve.

Don't tell the Maxwells, but Goodwill Community Foundation has FREE online tutorials: http://www.gcflearnfree.org/office , for example, will tune up your Microsoft Office suite skills, among their many other offerings. FREE. And a superfast Internet search turned up a YouTube series that walks you through Quickbooks, along with about a dozen other sites.

Of course, Jebus not included, since it's a secular piece of software concerned with managing filthy lucre. Why on earth would someone pay them $400-600 to get something you can learn for free? If you have questions, there are user forums that can help. Not only are they scraping the bottom of the barrel for ideas, they are reinventing the wheel and slapping an idol of a pricetag on it. It's not cool to take advantage of your followers' ignorance, Steve.

User forums and general looking for information on the computer might lead you to google, though. Someone might catch a glimpse of the real world.

User forums and general looking for information on the computer might lead you to google, though. Someone might catch a glimpse of the real world.

Not to mention that Goodwill is a charity organization that helps people in need get clothing, housewares, and job training, regardless of their worthiness in the eyes of any church. And Google is Satan's handmaid, of course.

This Maxwell blatant cash-grab is just gross.

This is Christopher's first spin on the 1 Ton Ramp. Guess there must to too much competition these days in the Modest Photographer world.

This is Christopher's first spin on the 1 Ton Ramp. Guess there must to too much competition these days in the Modest Photographer world.

Oh wow. I hadn't even noticed that it was Christopher and not Nathan until I read your post! That is quite interesting...

That's just sad. How on earth can they justify taking so much money from people to teach them something so simple. :( It's just wrong......

What??? this has been happening since the beginning of religion. Fleecing the ignorant in the name of god is pretty much universal.

I wondered why Christopher's pic was in the post. I never had any use for him after reading his "requirements" for his wedding services.

Stevie! You're making Jesus cry. Pretty sure he doesn't condone crookery. And you and your family, Steve, are crooks.

It seems the Maxwells have added a great new course on Quickbooks. You know, the software you can pick up at Bestbuy....that my grandmother taught herself....

It's $395 for 8 weeks. If you want them to send you a copy of Quickbooks Pro 2013, it's $595.

For the record, I found copies of Quickbooks Pro 2013 for about $150, depending on whether or not you want 90 days of tech support (which is about $20-30 extra) and a CD of tutorials for about $25.

Also, Christopher is apparently a certified professional in the Quickbooks industry....whatever that means....

They are really scraping the bottom of the barrel, aren't they?

Shame on you for talking that way. This is a ministry. God loves when people make money off his name.

His photos are crap. That is all.

I wondered why Christopher's pic was in the post. I never had any use for him after reading his "requirements" for his wedding services.

Which were?

Which were?

General Criteria:

No Sunday weddings

First wedding for bride and/or groom

Valid marriage license

No alcohol

No dancing (except between the bride and groom)

Modest attire for bride and bridesmaids

If you are interested, please contact me for further details

Interestingly enough, nothing about gay marriage or acceptable clothing for men (arseless chaps, anybody?). And I'm not sure if he's intentionally writing off widows and widowers remarrying.

Interestingly enough, nothing about gay marriage or acceptable clothing for men (arseless chaps, anybody?). And I'm not sure if he's intentionally writing off widows and widowers remarrying.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Archived