IGNORED

ITonRamp Exciting, Valuable new course: Quickbooks!

anjulibai

First wedding for bride and/or groom

I've never understood his use of and/or in this sentence. Is he ok if it's a first marriage for one of them but not the other?

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
First wedding for bride and/or groom

I've never understood his use of and/or in this sentence. Is he ok if it's a first marriage for one of them but not the other?

I'm guessing it's a SOTDRT fail.

That and my guess is what uber frau said, that it's an attempt to include widows/widowers? But idk.

But what if both the bride and groom a widows??????? :think:

But what if both the bride and groom a widows??????? :think:

His parents are getting older, what if the surviving Maxwell spouse wanted to remarry a widow/widower? Would he refuse to be the photographer?

His photos are crap. That is all.

Total crap. I could take better photos on my cell phone. I would be upset if I paid someone for wedding photography and I got photos like his.

You wouldn't hire Chris for his photography skills. You'd hire him for his super specific flavour of bigotry and for his budget-friendly pricing.

So Christopher is a "certified professional". Uh, hmmm. Certified by an accredited organization? Like certified by OneTonRamp? I love how they slip this jargon in so that most people would simply miss questioning it and think "oh, look, he's certified!". Ugh.

And they will leave that post up for a week so that it receives maximum traffic because it's their not-so-subtle way of getting the word out. It gives Sarah a chance to rest up from the trip, clean some stuff in the house, and snap lots of photos of daily life since we all know Stevie reads here and it's been suggested that would be a good idea for a blog post. Hi Steve!

Dude, my grandpa can use Quickbooks and he's functionally illiterate. I'm not being facetious, he really is unable to read much at all.

He'd be beside himself if he knew that people charge almost $600 for learning that stuff. As he likes to say, "it's worth what someone will pay for it."

This sounds like a scam or something close to it. Is learning quick books in a "modest environment" worth such a jacked up price? How can they justify this price?

This sounds like a scam or something close to it. Is learning quick books in a "modest environment" worth such a jacked up price? How can they justify this price?

The Lord Jesus laid the price upon Steve's heart.

Their target audience is the quiverfull eleventy!!1! million children family right? I know many of these families are all about Jebus, but I think with them even ca$h wins out. They are pricing their target audience out of their tutorials.

They are pricing their target audience out of their tutorials.

Ah, but remember their FAQ:

Do you have a payment plan?

Yes, but it's not what you're thinking. Break the course fee down into the size and quantity of payments you are comfortable with. Then, we would encourage you to take each payment, put it in an envelope and set it aside. When you have the tuition amount in your envelope, deposit it in your bank and register for the course online. You will have learned your first valuable lesson from your association with ITonRamp.

They're not pricing their target audience out, because their target audience is disciplined enough to save up if they want to learn Quickbooks in an online class free of humanistic influences and defrauding.

To find their website so I could copy that question I totally googled 1 Ton Ramp first before I remembered that's not actually what the scam is called.

Isn't this how most fundamentalist businesses work: the mediocre charge the ignorant more than the services of a real expert would cost and nothing useful comes out of the transaction . . . but the checklist of purity and separation is completely filled out!

ETA: ISTR taking a community college course using Quickbooks back when Quickbooks was unfamiliar to most people. We had a detailed textbook that was set up like the daily business journal of a surf shop or a jet ski rental center or something like that. We had a teacher there to answer our questions and check our work and we could help each other when we got stuck. This was a 1-credit course on the accounting track. Now the cost of 1 credit at that campus has risen to $147, plus a $40 admission fee, plus materials (my guess would be $60 today). And that comes with 9 hours a day of access to the computer lab and IT assistance on site.

Mr. Maxwell, you are fleecing people. Quit it.

I've always wondering how it was okay for Christopher to photograph the bride getting ready. I mean she's not sitting there in lingerie but not already in her wedding dress and getting hair and makeup done. According to their modesty rules, seems like it would be inappropriate for him to be in the dressing room at all.

Isn't this how most fundamentalist businesses work: the mediocre charge the ignorant more than the services of a real expert would cost and nothing useful comes out of the transaction . . . but the checklist of purity and separation is completely filled out!

ETA: ISTR taking a community college course using Quickbooks back when Quickbooks was unfamiliar to most people. We had a detailed textbook that was set up like the daily business journal of a surf shop or a jet ski rental center or something like that. We had a teacher there to answer our questions and check our work and we could help each other when we got stuck. This was a 1-credit course on the accounting track. Now the cost of 1 credit at that campus has risen to $147, plus a $40 admission fee, plus materials (my guess would be $60 today). And that comes with 9 hours a day of access to the computer lab and IT assistance on site.

Mr. Maxwell, you are fleecing people. Quit it.

You know, I'm going to be odd duck and say that the Maxwells aren't necessarily fleecing or overcharging per se. They run a small business and don't have economy of size or outside funding to cover the cost of their products.

It's the same problem that pop and mom operations run into when competing against Walmart and Barnes and Nobles back in the 90's. You could sell the exact same stuff but the larger company will have lowered overhead and smaller logistical issues and can spread the cost around, thereby enabling lower prices. Community college typically have some state funding and can share resources (i.e the computer lab is not just for one class but for the entire college). The Maxwells would never be able to compete in that regard.

The issue here is that the Maxwells are trying to compete against pre-existing products in a changed business environment. The mom and pop shops that survive to this day tend to offer unique and/or boutique items that cannot be found at big box stores. The Maxwells, having avoided all news since 1985, have not realized this. They continue to sell their stuff because they don't engage with the outside world. They don't do Youtube, or college, or go read up on business news. They may "logically" know that classes are available "out there" that are free or on the cheap, but since they don't interact with outsiders and restrict their own internet use, they don't realize the prevalence and popularity of DIY kits.

The ITOnRamp thing is targeting the ignorant, but I kind of group the Maxwells in that category. Since the Maxwells business is a family enterprise and they don't allow/have outside helpers and funding, their cost on any product will be high. I notice this same pricing regime in small, family owned stores. Less discounts, higher prices. Growing up, my mother avoided small stores precisely because of these cost limitations.

Today, the difference is most that many independent shops thrive because they cater to niche markets. The Maxwells are trying to compete in a mass market against bigger companies and cheaper products. They don't realize this, and neither do their followers. It's the ignorant making money off the ignorant.

The thing I can't figure out is if the Maxwells are doing better or worse with ItonRamp. The fact that Christopher is joining could mean Nathan is making good money with this and Christopher wants to join in as well. Or, it could indicate that the family is trying to expand to cover overhead cost. The renovations they did in Nathan's basement cost money, the hardware may have cost extra. I notice that with Christopher's course, there's no "specially made" textbooks so there's little upfront investment for Christopher. Christopher's class would add little to the overall cost (no Maxwell designed texts, equipment and location paid for) but it could contribute to the overhead expenses of the business. Hmmm....

I'm in school for accounting right now and that's more than I paid for my required class on Quickbooks...at an actual, brick and mortar COLLEGE, gasp!

I'm in school for accounting right now and that's more than I paid for my required class on Quickbooks...at an actual, brick and mortar COLLEGE, gasp!

Yes but the Maxwell Quickbook course is taught free of secular, humanistic, feminist, evolutionary influence. That justifies the high price.

Yes but the Maxwell Quickbook course is taught free of secular, humanistic, feminist, evolutionary influence. That justifies the high price.

It is true that I am being defrauded in the class. It's taught by a woman and last week I sat next to a man who wasn't my husband! I can totally see why they would need to steer clear of such tempting situations. Why, I couldn't even concentrate last week for fear that the mixing of genders would steal a piece of my heart!

Not to mention the time I spend studying. I would hate to make an idol out of an A+. :naughty:

It is true that I am being defrauded in the class. It's taught by a woman and last week I sat next to a man who wasn't my husband! I can totally see why they would need to steer clear of such tempting situations. Why, I couldn't even concentrate last week for fear that the mixing of genders would steal a piece of my heart!

Not to mention the time I spend studying. I would hate to make an idol out of an A+. :naughty:

Then I think you need to prayerfully consider dropping this college nonsense and sign on with the 1 Ton Ramp. You will be able to serve the LORD so much better by lining Stevehovah's pockets, and if you should run into any roadblocks while studying at Maxwell U, you can call and have your questions relayed by one of the female Maxwells. Now doesn't that sound better than college?

LOL, okay, who posted this one?

I hope some day to have enough money to do one of the courses on Itonramp.

I can't believe they let that one through. The Maxwells sure don't get snark, do they?

I love that they almost never get postable comments to their one-ton-on-ramp posts. Given that we know Steve edits the crap out of comments there must not even be any remotely positive enough to edit. I also love that their testimonials come from people like "Anna M." and "Mary M."...

Archived