IGNORED

Georgia bookkeeper talks down gunman

Nothing2CHere

I didn't see anything posted about this here at FJ yet. On Tuesday, another disturbed young man with access to an AK-47 managed to get into an elementary school. Only this time, no one was hurt. And it wasn't because some armed guard was there to stop the man. It was because a bookkeeper working in the front office was able to talk him down: www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/21/school-b ... -shooting/

I really wish this story was getting more coverage - it's good to hear for once about an incident like this that did NOT end in tragedy. And is just another example of why I am so angry at the coward members of congress who are voting against gun control policies. This man never should have been able to get this AK-47 in the first place!

I was just talking about this to a friend today. I think the guy seemed like he wanted help, and really didn't want to harm anyone. He just didn't know any way to get some help. We both lived in GA, and were transferred here to Duggarland at the same time. Her mom called her last night to tell her about it because she knew someone that worked at the school. I'm so glad things went down the way they did. Nobody wants another Sandy Hook. People who cling to the second amendment like a child to their mother's skirt are REALLY starting to piss me off.

Bravo to this brave woman!! Ms Tuff really was courageous. My cousin was involved in a school shooting back in the 80s. She stopped the shooter pretty much by the force of her own will even though she'd been wounded herself. These women were anything but weaklings.

Archived