IGNORED

Cheryl's Homeschool Curriculum

GeoBQn

How do they know for certain that the dogs killed the goat? Maybe they are just as irresponsible with their animals' health as they are their own and it just died. Then the dogs ate it. Who knows. But that is an asshole move. Also, her curriculum is shit.

I didn't know anything else about her but I remember the original thread about the dog. That was just vile. I don't have any pets but I agree with OMTS - "how you treat animals says a lot about you as a person".

Her poor daughter too. I am sure there are plenty more fundy kids who are just too afraid to even ask for "permission" to take steps to follow their true dreams.

She didn't believe her daughter when she said her stepfather was having an affair. Turns out that Cheryl had cheated as well. And her husband killed her dog, but it's all okay cause Jesus and submission or something. Lovely people.

Thanks for the info!! That a jerk!! Why did he kill her dog?

This is the comment that makes it obvious he killed her dog:

A person comments:

I had to give up a dog once and it was heartbreaking. It still is at times. I am so glad that you have found healing. Sergeant would want you to.

Her response:

Aww...I truly hope you are able to find closure in your loss. Death is such a horrible thing; whether it is a pet or a loved one. I think learning to deal with grief and loss is a life-long process.

The person said they had to give up their dog, not that it died. She goes straight to death.

Someone comments:

I'm one who could never shoot a dog.

She doesn't say anything to deny that he shot the dog, so that's why I am certain he killed it, among other key words in the post. I think she just doesn't want to come out that he's all that bad of a guy when he really is.

I may be 100% wrong, but I could swear she edited that post. It was almost positive that she originally said that he shot the poor pup.

I may be 100% wrong, but I could swear she edited that post. It was almost positive that she originally said that he shot the poor pup.

I wondered that as well, especially since the comment says she couldn't shoot a dog. Why would she say that if the OP never said anything about shooting a dog? I really thought she said that as well, but I still think it's obvious that he killed the dog.

Um, I've used some of this material. This is not an education. It's an indoctrination with some alphabet lessons thrown in. Sigh.

Wow, shooting a dog is like a cartoonish super-villian level of evil. It's so overused to portray the worst characters that it has almost become cliche. So when a real person does this it's clear that they're the worst possible. These two deserve each other, but their kids and animals certainly deserve better.

I am a fan of CLE's elementary math also; it worked great for my kids.

Mystery of History was a total bust at our house. We barely made it 1/4 through and jumped ship.

I can't go there with the dog info in this thread, I'll cry. :cry:

Oh god, this blog makes me nauseated and triggery and stabby :evil:

That little two-year old girl. Oh my...I hope she gets out someday before they murder her soul.

ETA: Okay, I see she's a young adult now. And I still hope she gets out :(

What a horrible person she is. That 2-year-old story is so sad, that poor little girl.

The dog story is worse though. I could personally forgive an affair (hard as it would be) more easily than I could forgive someone killing one of my animals. That would be a deal breaker, and kids & I would be gone immediately.

He killed a dog?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I hope he gets a horrible flesh-eating venereal disease and dies an agonizing death, I really do.

I don't care if they ate the whole herd (HELLO MOTHER NATURE). Anyone who hurts an animal like that is a fucking SADIST who deserves to have his balls cut off and shoved down his throat. Motherfucker. AND it's a fucking CRIME.

To lighten the mood: my parents' latest rescue is slowly working her way through the local chicken/frog/mole population at our summer place. My stepdad now has a little cemetery for her "conquests". She's giant (at maybe 5 months old) and doesn't understand the difference between playing and killing, so they're working on that. Even if she were to hurt the beloved family cats by accident, no one would ever think of hurting her. Because it's SADISM.

We've cut off family members after learning they drowned their cat's newborn kittens - too much of a hassle to deal with, apparently. Had to talk my grandpa down from beating them up for it.

The dog story is downright cruel.

Also evil, though, was the treatment of the oldest daughter. She made the mistake of being honest about the fact that Terry was having an affair, and honest about her feelings about him. Mom rejected her, Terry was furious with her, she was branded as the difficult child when it was the adults who were behaving badly.

We've cut off family members after learning they drowned their cat's newborn kittens - too much of a hassle to deal with, apparently. Had to talk my grandpa down from beating them up for it.

That horrible that they did that. Good for you for cutting them off. If they did not want kittens why didn't they get the cat fixed.

It would make me cry if I read the dog thread but can someone tell me why he did it.

Because the dogs allegedly killed a baby goat and Terri blamed her stray pup more than the other two. She told him to not do anything about the situation until she got back, but he decided to kill the dog. She was super upset over it because it was her favorite dog, but it was her who needed to get over it. It was just a stupid animal to Terri.

Here's the series about daughter, Amanda for anyone interested. It includes Cheryl finding out about us.

treasuresfromashoebox.blogspot.com/search/label/Loving%20a%20Rebel%20Series

Long story short; he took the counsel of one the people who had come to help and did away with my sweet puppy. He didn't tell me about it until a day or two before we were to return home (once the amazing remodel was complete).

What gets me -- well, what really gets me is what he did to the poor dog, and what kind of violence their animals must endure regularly -- is that she's not writing this as if it's a big deal. The killing shares a sentence with the "amazing remodel." Granted, the latter is in parenthesis, but it suggests an equivalency, like, yeah, he murdered my dog, but look at my new kitchen!

Because the dogs allegedly killed a baby goat and Terri blamed her stray pup more than the other two. She told him to not do anything about the situation until she got back, but he decided to kill the dog. She was super upset over it because it was her favorite dog, but it was her who needed to get over it. It was just a stupid animal to Terri.

What an ass!!! I want to kill her husband for what he did.

Oh, she's just lovely! The child abuse, I can't even...

Apparently she's a medical expert too- she and Lori, who is a monster, would get on well I think. Unfortunately her latest "Juice fast" almost killed her. She had a UTI which she "treated" with her juice

(BTW, this is my specialty. There is NO antibiotic that can only be given 3 times in a person's life and there are quite a lot of options for UTIs other than sulfa)

Anyway, she ended up with pyelonephritis (kidney infection) with a temperature of 102 (38.9 C) being forced to drive around for 2 hours looking for a pizza place for her loverly husband (he was too tired to drive) having eaten nothing for a week. She ended up in the ER.

If these idiots keep on like this, we'll have nothing to snark on pretty soon...

Uh...I am also allergic to sulfa drugs (along with penicillin, cephalosporins, and fluoroquinilones- thesea are true allergies, not the upset stomach people like to call an allergy). There are drugs you can take for a UTI. I've never been told of anything that I can only take 3 times in my life. I usually get Zithromax, Biaxin, or something like Doxycycline. You do NOT want to mess around and wait to get a true infection treated when you have drug allergies. I waited around and landed myself in the hospital for a week with a full blown kidney infection on 2 different IV antibiotics.

Archived