IGNORED

Maxwell help?

NotALoserLikeYou

Yeah. The gym would definitely be NG, what with all the BEASTS mounted on the wall plus various wimmin wearing oh so defrauding yoga pants.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't believe they are that boring. What made Joe think that Liz would actually "enjoy" being married to him?? John is very attractive, but is that enough for a fundie girl to marry into that clan? What is there to look forward to? Walking, cooking, cleaning, sex, Bible time, eating, Bible time, and more Bible time...

Can't believe they are that boring. What made Joe think that Liz would actually "enjoy" being married to him?? John is very attractive, but is that enough for a fundie girl to marry into that clan? What is there to look forward to? Walking, cooking, cleaning, sex, Bible time, eating, Bible time, and more Bible time...

I doubt that Joe, or any of the Maxwells for that matter, gave a flying fuck about whether or not Liz was going to enjoy the marriage, or even be happy or content in the marriage. All they want is someone "pure" who can be molded.

I recently posted a quote from an old corner of Terri's where she explicitly says there's nothing to be gained by letting your kids have friends outside the family.

from this corner: titus2.com/corners/moms-corner/siblings-good-and-bad/part-4.html

Confused again. Sibling relationships are lifelong except how often do Melanie & Anna see their siblings? I thought you gave up siblings for the privilege of being married. I see two options here (1) sibling relationships only matter for Maxwell offspring or (2) sibling relationships only matter between brothers as girls will leave upon marriage.

I am expecting logic from fundies again, aren't I?

Steve probably thinks he can walk on water.

I agree!! I think Teri their children, & their followers all believe that Steve walks on water!

Confused again. Sibling relationships are lifelong except how often do Melanie & Anna see their siblings? I thought you gave up siblings for the privilege of being married. I see two options here (1) sibling relationships only matter for Maxwell offspring or (2) sibling relationships only matter between brothers as girls will leave upon marriage.

I am expecting logic from fundies again, aren't I?

Fundie, especially Maxwellian, logic causes great pain to the brain. Don't try it. Steve uses the sibling relationship as a smoke screen. It's not siblings in general, it's him and his clones. When someone marries into the cult, they are his and their biological siblings and family of origin become 'the past'.

In Maxwell land, it's all about Steve all the time.

Fundie, especially Maxwellian, logic causes great pain to the brain. Don't try it. Steve uses the sibling relationship as a smoke screen. It's not siblings in general, it's him and his clones. When someone marries into the cult, they are his and their biological siblings and family of origin become 'the past'.

In Maxwell land, it's all about Steve all the time.

Do the Maxwell DILs ever get to visit their parents, siblings etc?

We never hear about Melanie's family, but I believe they're local because Nathan and Melanie met when the Maxhell family used to attend regular church. As far as I know, NR-Anna has never been back to visit her family since she got married. I don't know if she's actually traveled anywhere, since the married sons are excused from the family roadshow because they've married out and started their own families. Only, they haven't married out, they just moved across the street. Joseph's half mile or whatever is far away in the extreme.

Do the Maxwell DILs ever get to visit their parents, siblings etc?

I think we've seen Melanie with her family via Facebook.

Melanie's family is fairly local, yes. I think they meet.

A better question maybe is, do the married-in women ever take trips back to their birth family home ALONE like normal people sometimes do? Sometimes to help out parents with something, sometimes just for a vacation?

Probably not, as I can't imagine them travelling alone for any reason, they do everything as family groups?

How does one find things about Melanie's family on Facebook?

I think others might have found Melanie's relatives FB pages via Nathan's page.

Melanie's family is fairly local, yes. I think they meet.

A better question maybe is, do the married-in women ever take trips back to their birth family home ALONE like normal people sometimes do? Sometimes to help out parents with something, sometimes just for a vacation?

Probably not, as I can't imagine them travelling alone for any reason, they do everything as family groups?

So alien to the Maxwells, next weekend my idiot (what some one call) a brothering law is away on an evil stag weekend with maybe 'rock music'. So my sister is brining up Sophie and Henry my Niece and Nephew to spend time with me. Will be great to have some quality time with them without her headship. (he is a knob) surely Anna and Mel should cherish similar time?

With regards sibling friendship, Stevie has little to do with his his brother due to the Easter Egg hunt, and Teris's sister (who wore short trousers) seems to be band from comments.

In terms of vacations, Nathan and Mel were included in the classic 'what some would call a vacation, vacation' but the poor girls had to pray to Nate when they wanted to feed the chipmunks again. You cannot make this shit up...

I'm a little confused. I thought both Steve & Teri had 1 sibling each both sisters. Cause Steve's mother lives by his sister & I read sometime about Teri's sister. Can someone tell if I'm right or wrong.

Melanie's maiden name is Maher. I found it by looking for the obituary of their firstborn daughter who died a few days after birth (a very sad story, all condolences to them).

From there if you have Facebook I suppose you can find her?

I'm a little confused. I thought both Steve & Teri had 1 sibling each both sisters. Cause Steve's mother lives by his sister & I read sometime about Teri's sister. Can someone tell if I'm right or wrong.

Steve does have a brother, but Steve doesn't see him because "gasp", the brother allows things like easter egg hunts.

I think (I may be remembering wrong), that there was a reference to Anna and Chris visiting her parents while she was pregnant with Joshua. Or atleast, before he was born. Not sure if they went to Washington, or if they came to Kansas.

I think (I may be remembering wrong), that there was a reference to Anna and Chris visiting her parents while she was pregnant with Joshua. Or atleast, before he was born. Not sure if they went to Washington, or if they came to Kansas.

Yes, I remember Stevie mentioning at least once that A & C were visiting her family. I think they are a little more private and don't like to be featured in the blog very often. I have to believe that Anna's family does visit or they go to WA once in a while without it being featured in the blog.

The blog is just a few snapshots of their lives, they don't post everything.

Yes, I remember Stevie mentioning at least once that A & C were visiting her family. I think they are a little more private and don't like to be featured in the blog very often. I have to believe that Anna's family does visit or they go to WA once in a while without it being featured in the blog.

The blog is just a few snapshots of their lives, they don't post everything.

A carefully constructed, phony snapshot ....

Steve does have a brother, but Steve doesn't see him because "gasp", the brother allows things like easter egg hunts.

Thanks for the info!! I wonder how his siblings feel about how Steve raised his kids. I bet his siblings didn't homeschool their kids & their kids had outside friends. I also wonder if the Maxwell kids were jealous of their cousins.

So after reviewing my links my fundie friend, who realized she had heard of them because someone gave her one of their planners or something, decided that, although they make a lot of good points (for example she is also raising up daughters to be homemakers), they are just too legalistic for her. They're too caught up in their personal convictions that they are missing the bigger picture. So basically she is not a fan.

:clap: Hooray!! Two things to be happy about: 1. The friend did not buy the snake oil! 2. Someone PASSED ON a Maxwell book, which we know Stevus hates! He lost money twice! :nenner:

I finally told my fundie friend that the Maxwells were coming to Idaho, where she lives, because I wanted to see if she knew of them. She didn't. I asserted a bunch of things about them and she wants me to link the articles because she does not believe them. She wants proof they dont believe in fun (I found the Maxwell corners where they mention the little league, but where is that original one where he specifically says fun is not ok?) and the parts about Dad having to work at home instead of having a regular job, and not leaving the house and having friends. Does anyone have any links, like the Maxwell greatest hits? I can't search their blog or here because of such general terms. TIA

PS My friend said I am just jaded! Obviously because I am divorced and I wish I could have a decent christian home life.

Most of that comes from Gothard.......check the Basic Seminar book.

Archived