IGNORED

Sunshine Mary mention on GOMI

lilwriter85

Sunshine Mary is mentioned on the front page of GOMI

getoffmyinternets.net/sunshine-mary-thinks-rape-culture-is-created-by-paranoid-feminists/

She shows up in the comments throwing around "statistics" aka anecdotes and lies from conservative bloggers.

Sunshine must be a genius. Somehow she's figured out that all of the studies showing rape is under reported are wrong.

But then again Sunshine is confused. Last week she posted about how women have rape/ravishment fantasies b/c they secretly want men to dominate them.

Interestingly, her husband who goes by the handle Holy Hand Grenade has posted about how he likes to anger feminists by mocking them. Sounds like a real Alpha gem.

Naturally she goes back to her blog to complain the evil feminists are censoring her. Because pointing out her argument is flawed is censorinship and bullying

Ugh. SSM, aka when ASS meets HAT.

What's with these MRA types who insist how logical and rational they are, while constantly making illogical and irrational arguments?

I see that in the GOMI comments SSM claims to not be an MRA, only a Christian. I think she doesn't know the common definition of either.

Naturally she goes back to her blog to complain the evil feminists are censoring her. Because pointing out her argument is flawed is censorinship and bullying

Hah! Yep, just another of those folks who think that free speech means freedom from having your hate speech criticized.

Ugh. SSM, aka when ASS meets HAT.

What's with these MRA types who insist how logical and rational they are, while constantly making illogical and irrational arguments?

I see that in the GOMI comments SSM claims to not be an MRA, only a Christian. I think she doesn't know the common definition of either.

What is an MRA?

I just read the comments. Sunshine won't let her daughters go away to college b/c she doesn't want them to get drunk and end up raped even though it wouldn't actually be rape if they were drunk.

Also, she defends her right to carry concealed even though rape is, according to her, very rare.

Also, women need to take more responsibility to protect themselves against rape.

I think this is the comment on the blog that irritates me the most:

"The more I think about these things, the more convinced I am woman are not moral agents and should be returned to the legal position of property, either their fathers, or closest male blood relative or the property of their husband. Rape would then also be a crime against the property rights of the man who owns her."

:angry-banghead:

Bitch Magazine's facebook page just posted a link to SSM's rape culture post. I can't wait to see how she deals with an influx of WMST grads!

I think this is the comment on the blog that irritates me the most:

"The more I think about these things, the more convinced I am woman are not moral agents and should be returned to the legal position of property, either their fathers, or closest male blood relative or the property of their husband. Rape would then also be a crime against the property rights of the man who owns her."

:angry-banghead:

I wonder what SSMs BFF Lori thinks about this. Ill bet Ken's totally on board.

Bitch Magazine's facebook page just posted a link to SSM's rape culture post. I can't wait to see how she deals with an influx of WMST grads!

Link, please? For some reason I can't find their FB page.

I wonder what SSMs BFF Lori thinks about this. Ill bet Ken's totally on board.

If Lori finds out about this, she will get her ass chapped. At this point, I think Lori at least knows about the GOMI mention of SSM. I think Lori might keep quiet about this. If she does blog about SSM, GOMI, and Bitch Magazine it will likely be something about how, "the feminists aren't being Godly women".

ETA: I just checked out Lori's blog and her most recent entries aren't getting a lot of comments. I wonder if her readers are wising up or maybe they are commenting more on "hip edgy" SSM's blog more.

She makes an interesting argument for why women would benefit if they were owned by men:

On the topic of women belonging to their husbands and fathers, my opinions are sure to offend all the feminists and at least half the men here. However, the purpose of my site is not to needlessly upset feminists nor to curry favor with the manosphere. Therefore, men and women alike, prepare to (possibly) be offended.

Consider renting a house versus owning a house. Which house are you likely to take good care of? Which one are you likely to use to meet your short-term needs?

When women belong to men, it is the same dynamic. If you own a woman, you take care of her. If you are only f-cking her, you don’t. It’s that simple. I cannot grasp why feminists (and seemingly all modern women) are too stupid to suss this.

When marriage was a requirement for sex, men agreed to marry because they wanted sex, not because they love being married. Once they’d bought the farm, they took care of it. Pride in ownership is a real thing.

Well like I say about my longtime boyfriend when asked why we don't marry! Why by the pig when you can the sausage for free!

I just posted a comment at Bitch's FB page. I told them that sadly there are other blogs written by women that are just like Sunshine Mary's. I think Bitch magazine should do an expose on this minor but very vocal segment of the blogosphere.

I'm glad you left that comment. I have a feeling that someone at Bitch magazine may be doing research right now on SSM and similar bloggers like sarahsdaughter and the others who are friends with SSM.

I'm glad you left that comment. I have a feeling that someone at Bitch magazine may be doing research right now on SSM and similar bloggers like sarahsdaughter and the others who are friends with SSM.

Bitch is an awesome magazine; I've been reading it for years. I love how it combines feminism, social issues and pop culture in fabulously written articles. The folks a Bitch shit better than Sunshine Mary writes.

Archived