IGNORED

Costume Call from Dougie Dress-Up

hoipolloi

I've never seen that buckskin uniform photo before. Well, it's settled, either way, he needs a fringed buckskin outfit for the paper dolls.

Oooh, and since he loves Civil War dress up so much, a Jefferson Davis outfit! Confederate President Jefferson Davis went into hiding after the assassination of Lincoln (which is not the best way to make sure people understand you have nothing to do with the situation, bee tee dubs), and when they finally caught up with him, he fled capture in his wife's coat. The story spread that he was fully dressed in his wife's clothes. I think Dougie would look fabulous in a hoop skirt and floral bonnet.

If Mango will give us the Dougie, I'll totally sketch him up a couple outfits! I think he needs an "Adam" costume, too. (Probably just a half a fig leaf.)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oooh, and since he loves Civil War dress up so much, a Jefferson Davis outfit!

Definitely. :clap:

Although he probably already has both the Confederate uniform and the hoop skirt.

Yes, it wouldn't be history without dressing up and who better than to give us some costuming guidelines than the Great Tool himself, Doug Phillips? (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2013/06/10861/).

In addition to the usual Pilgrims, Puritans, Founding Fathers/Revolutionary War, and WW II, he's added the following:

19th Century (1800-1900)

Civil War [whites only, please]

Then a skip to the Roaring Twenties [by-passing the gay nineties & the naughty naughts, I guess]

WW I [Although at least a couple of those Great War gals look like fugitives from a Betty Grable pic of WW II]

Special Category, (Vikings, Indians, & Conquistadors) [What ho, Dougie, no pirates?]

Between this call to costumes and the upcoming Greek cruise (yes, Lord, let there be togas!!), I foresee a wonderful season or two or snark ahead for FJ!

:music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool:

Dougie doesn't want anyone dressing up like pirates because that is something special between him and Petey. Dougie wears an eye patch and goes by the name Seaman Staines. Petey, shirtless and in knee-britches, is Roger the Cabin Boy. You don't even want to know what they do with the peg leg.

Dougie doesn't want anyone dressing up like pirates because that is something special between him and Petey. Dougie wears an eye patch and goes by the name Seaman Staines. Petey, shirtless and in knee-britches, is Roger the Cabin Boy. You don't even want to know what they do with the peg leg.

OK, I'm going to need some brain bleach to get rid of that visual. There's an upcoming Greek cruise? I would say that Doug (Phillips is a tool) is toying with us but I think that I'm ascribing too much intelligence to him.

Buckskin outfit is a go.

(Unfortunately, scanner is a no-go. I swear I'll get these up in the next few days. Probably Monday; Sunday is househunting.)

Buckskin outfit is a go.

(Unfortunately, scanner is a no-go. I swear I'll get these up in the next few days. Probably Monday; Sunday is househunting.)

I can be patient -- it will be worth the wait. :D

Buckskin outfit is a go.

:dance: Yay!

For someone who is so interested in costume and appearance why doesn't he get his suits tailored better. The overly generous crotch seems to be the favoured look of VF /Scott Brown's mob (can't member the acronym off the top of my head) & maybe it's intentional but his sleeves are miles too long.

Wishful thinking, maybe, or excess material to hide the occasional wayward boner?

Brief thread semi-hijack.

When checking Google images for new Doug Phillips is a tool images, my avatar came up. OK, it 's pretty far down on the page, but I was inordinately proud.

Had to brag. Sorry. Carry on.

When checking Google images for new Doug Phillips is a tool images, my avatar came up. OK, it 's pretty far down on the page, but I was inordinately proud.

You should be quite proud. :clap:

Shouldn't we be getting some reports from Gettysburg soon? I'm in PA at the moment, one county over from the battlefields, and the local news is full of stories about the 150th commemoration ceremonies and reenactments. I keep looking for Doug Phillips is a Tool and Co., but no sign of them yet. Can't wait to hear if he and his compadres joined in on the big march across the field of Pickett's Charge yesterday. I'm sure his dispatch will be full of the usual purple prose and hyperbole. :roll:

You should be quite proud. :clap:

Shouldn't we be getting some reports from Gettysburg soon? I'm in PA at the moment, one county over from the battlefields, and the local news is full of stories about the 150th commemoration ceremonies and reenactments. I keep looking for Doug Phillips is a Tool and Co., but no sign of them yet. Can't wait to hear if he and his compadres joined in on the big march across the field of Pickett's Charge yesterday. I'm sure his dispatch will be full of the usual purple prose and hyperbole. :roll:

I keep checking the photos of Gettysburg reenactments that show up on my newsfeeds for any sign of Doug (Phillips who is a tool) and his minions. No sightings so far--perhaps it's too hot to wear their costumes outdoors? VF has their "history" conference this week, I think, so maybe he's playing dress-up having sweet fellowship with other "historians" in some air-conditioned, upscale hotel ballroom in the Gettysburg area.

I could pay to listen to the presentations--I keep getting email invitations for them--but no way am I going to contribute to the continued existence of these tools. Except, of course, to remind Google that Doug Phillips is a tool.

I keep checking the photos of Gettysburg reenactments that show up on my newsfeeds for any sign of Doug (Phillips who is a tool) and his minions. No sightings so far--perhaps it's too hot to wear their costumes outdoors? VF has their "history" conference this week, I think, so maybe he's playing dress-up having sweet fellowship with other "historians" in some air-conditioned, upscale hotel ballroom in the Gettysburg area.

I could pay to listen to the presentations--I keep getting email invitations for them--but no way am I going to contribute to the continued existence of these tools. Except, of course, to remind Google that Doug Phillips is a tool.

Well, the weather hasn't been too unbearably hot here, but it is a bit humid, so you may be right. It's just what Doug Phillips Is a Tool would do. But he's such a die-hard Confederate I can't believe he'd have missed Pickett's Charge, though: the chance to walk across the actual field where it happened --and to regale us all with his tales of bravery while doing so-- just doesn't come very often. :lol:

Doug Phillips Is a Confederate Tool. 8-)

I planned to go up today but didn't make it. :-(

I'd like to have gone, too, at some point this week, but I'm visiting my mother and she can't take big crowds or the heat any more. Would love to see the encampments and the new museum at the seminary.

Congrats on making the honor roll!!

I am very proud to say that in a google image search for "doug phillips vision forum" Miss Nellie is proudly sticking her tongue out at the tool on page 1!!

On another note, PICS!! I WANT PICS!!!! Come on interns, we know you secretly love the LOLDOUGS! Give us a few to play with from the mega confernce! Please, please, pretty please with a cherry and sprinkles on top!!!

Archived