IGNORED

Costume Call from Dougie Dress-Up

hoipolloi

Yes, it wouldn't be history without dressing up and who better than to give us some costuming guidelines than the Great Tool himself, Doug Phillips? (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2013/06/10861/).

In addition to the usual Pilgrims, Puritans, Founding Fathers/Revolutionary War, and WW II, he's added the following:

19th Century (1800-1900)

Civil War [whites only, please]

Then a skip to the Roaring Twenties [by-passing the gay nineties & the naughty naughts, I guess]

WW I [Although at least a couple of those Great War gals look like fugitives from a Betty Grable pic of WW II]

Special Category, (Vikings, Indians, & Conquistadors) [What ho, Dougie, no pirates?]

Between this call to costumes and the upcoming Greek cruise (yes, Lord, let there be togas!!), I foresee a wonderful season or two or snark ahead for FJ!

:music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool:

PS - When I did a search of this forum to see if there were any existing threads, I first used only the word "Dougie" and got the following response from our search engine:

"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: dougie."

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Civil War is very, very white, isn't it? I guess they are going to leave out that whole slavery thing. And you know that they are going to get the whitest, white people to play Native Americans in the most offensive way possible.

I'm surprised the pictures don't show Doug (Phillips who is a tool) actually modeling the costumes himself. Really want to see him in the Viking attire...

Special Category, (Vikings, Indians, & Conquistadors)

Does this mean he will have white people dressing up as Native Americans?

Does this mean he will have white people dressing up as Native Americans?

I kind of doubt there are a lot of Native American VF followers, so yeah, white people dressed up as NA. It will probably be like when that one family put on a play where their white kids painted themselves darker and acted like not so bright "natives" and everyone thought it was sooooo funny. :roll: :x

Only RICH white folks in the civil war.

No women in uniform in the WWII section, no Rosie the Riveters either! I guess in the VF revisionist version of WWII women just looked pretty and hugged their husbands when they came home.

I enjoyed hearing about Dougie's favorite Scot who is out in the wilds of the US asking people if they know the VF revisionist causes of the Revolution. I thought it might be JFC or Alba, but sadly no. Not surprisingly Dougie's favorite Scot is not female!

Dear Doug [Phillips is a Tool],

For the love of everything, do some research before posting pictures! Even if you don't hide your general toolishness you can at least look things up and spare yourself some serious embarrassment.

Doug Phillips is a tool and loves to dress up in fancy costumes. It would be darkly fascinating to know what mental glitch draws him to do this.

Some defrauding necklines in those Revolutionary and Civil war pics.

He missed this from WWII

bb.jpg

women_in_factory_700.jpg

and this one Women-welders-on-the-way-to-their-job-at-the-Todd-Erie-Basin-drydock-WWII-c.-19431.jpg

And he missed a lot from wwi as well.

women-of-france-ploughing.jpg (In France)

women-working-on-production-line-at-the-krupp-munitions-works-factory-during-world-war-i.jpg

The next one is a real picture of soldiers killed in the trenches, so be aware before clicking...

trenches.jpg

It is just ever more annoying to me that he prances around in fancy dress to celebrate wars that were horrible for the people who actually wore the uniforms he wears as a costume.

Dougie's history is indeed a white history. Not surprising when he's drinking the rancid kool-aid of Rushdooney, Dabney, Otto Scott, and others.

Those are some awfully rich looking clothing in those pics. Poor people experienced those eras, too, Doug (Phillips is a Tool).

:pink-shock:

Someone tell me that man did not just write that sentence in 2013.

:pink-shock:

Someone tell me that man did not just write that sentence in 2013.

Sorry, I added the comments in brackets but his photo selections speak those comments as clearly as if Dougie had written them.

Look carefully at all the illustrations for his costume suggestions. Except for the "Special Categories," there is one person of color, standing in the background of a 19th century painting of a white family at the dinner table.

I'm just sorry I don't live in a location where that stupid pipsqueak, Colin Gunn, could interview ME about history.

What a pompous, ignorant dick he is.

With the cash and the time, wouldn't it be fun to take a few dozen people dressed in less than dressy attire that was historically accurate?

Some defrauding necklines in those Revolutionary and Civil war pics.

He missed this from WWII

bb.jpg

women_in_factory_700.jpg

and this one Women-welders-on-the-way-to-their-job-at-the-Todd-Erie-Basin-drydock-WWII-c.-19431.jpg

But...but..they're wearing PANTS! Clearly these are not "real" women, at least as far as Doug (Phillips who is a tool) is concerned.

I'm actually surprised Doug (Phillips who is a tool) had any photos of women. I suspect he believes they should not venture too far from the kitchen or fancy parlour, avoiding public exposure that might inlude being photographed.

Have I mentioned that Doug Phillips is a tool?

I'm just sorry I don't live in a location where that stupid pipsqueak, Colin Gunn, could interview ME about history.

What a pompous, ignorant dick he is.

He is, and I apologise for Scotland that he was unleashed on you. I'm really sorry, guys. Most Scots are not like him.

You can see the blend of ignorance and arrogance so characteristic of Vision Forum. He's ripping the piss out of you while at the same time he's looking all holy and innocent about what a terrible place Scotland is and how much he loves the US because it's a bastion of freedom. Newsflash: Scotland is a good place to live too, and insulting Americans doesn't prove your love of your adopted country. It makes you look like a twat.

http://samaritanministries.org/member-s ... filmmaker/

I also had to laugh at the cartoonish vision of Scotland here. He's not speaking "brogue". He has a mildly detectable Scottish accent. My accent is stronger than his, and I have a terrible combination of London and Scots. :pink-shock:

Also, yeah, Scotland is more lefty than England. There are historical reasons for this, but none of them involve being taken over by Satan. The extreme gun control is due to Dunblane (both OKToBe and I can give chapter and verse on this) not due to Satan whip-cracking with his whippy tail, or whatever.

This guy is a weirdo who went around being insulting to Americans because of an inflated belief in his own brainpower. In other words, a dismissable idiot.

Yes, it wouldn't be history without dressing up and who better than to give us some costuming guidelines than the Great Tool himself, Doug Phillips? (visionforum.com/news/blogs/doug/default.aspx?path=/2013/06/10861/).

In addition to the usual Pilgrims, Puritans, Founding Fathers/Revolutionary War, and WW II, he's added the following:

19th Century (1800-1900)

Then a skip to the Roaring Twenties [by-passing the gay nineties & the naughty naughts, I guess]

WW I [Although at least a couple of those Great War gals look like fugitives from a Betty Grable pic of WW II]

Special Category, (Vikings, Indians, & Conquistadors) [What ho, Dougie, no pirates?]

Between this call to costumes and the upcoming Greek cruise (yes, Lord, let there be togas!!), I foresee a wonderful season or two or snark ahead for FJ!

:music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool::music-tool:

PS - When I did a search of this forum to see if there were any existing threads, I first used only the word "Dougie" and got the following response from our search engine:

"The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: dougie."

I am so giddy with excitement I can hardly sit still! I'm trying to refrain from LOLDOUGs until these pics come out. Want to be refreshed so I'm on my A-game when they finally get here!

Ooohhh...I am going to gettsyburg on the 4th to Tool Watch...I suppose it would be too much to dress up as Rosie the Riveter and infiltrate the group? My plan (since it will probably be very crowded with mostly non Fundy history buffs that day) is to just blend into the non- VF crowd and observe them. But maybe...if I get brave...I could join the group?

I do have a sexy Viking costume from Halloween a few years ago- the headship and I trade costume themes every year. Mine are brilliant (2 years ago we were Toddlers and Tiars, he was the sexy tot and I was the pageant mom), his always, always involve a costume labeled "sexy". Sexy little red riding hood, sexy she RA and he man, sexy Viking lady. Sigh. I doubt I'd blend in that costume, however...

He doesn't look carefully at his pics the roaring 20's has 2 ladies of color in the bottom right and the Prince of Wales top middle....

Archived