IGNORED

Costume Call from Dougie Dress-Up

hoipolloi

I'm actually really curious about what goes on at that conference. Mostly because I do historical research with primary documents. Although I suspect I would mostly just be infuriated.

Also I misread formation as fornication on the schedule which made me go :pink-shock:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would have thought that Dougie and his minions would disapprove of the 1920s.

ETA -- we really need to make Dougie paper dolls.

Best!Idea!Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Zazzle store, please make this happen.

Best!Idea!Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear Zazzle store, please make this happen.

I did go looking for an online paper-doll generator, on which one could C&P a picture of a face, but couldn't find one.

I was sad.

I did go looking for an online paper-doll generator, on which one could C&P a picture of a face, but couldn't find one.

I was sad.

I did too.

I was also sad. :(

I did too.

I was also sad. :(

Twin2, I think we need some LOLDoug-making therapy, to cheer ourselves up.

y1b8bQ3.jpg

I feel better now.

Twin2, I think we need some LOLDoug-making therapy, to cheer ourselves up.

I feel better now.

Splendid Idea!

post-76-14451997996191_thumb.jpg

I feel better now too!

Can someone find me a ... uh

I was going to say straight

FLAT ANGLE, FRONT-VIEW. THERE.

picture of Doug Phillips is a Tool.

paperdolls are forthcoming.

Can someone find me a ... uh

I was going to say straight

FLAT ANGLE, FRONT-VIEW. THERE.

picture of Doug Phillips is a Tool.

paperdolls are forthcoming.

Whooohoo!

How are these:

http://ih.constantcontact.com/fs077/110 ... 8081138774

http://b.vimeocdn.com/ts/188/928/18892882_640.jpg

christianheritageonline.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Doug_Phillips_2006_PortraitSmall_12-1-300x200.jpg

cheohome.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/Doug-Phillips-Image-small.jpg

Make sure the doll has a wide stance! :D

Perfect. I'm actually drawing these rather than just photomanips (because caricature is fun but just photomanipping someone's head onto a paperdoll is bordering on creepy for my tastes). I've already drawn him some costumes though- I think he'd look fetching in the USO Showgirl outfits from the Captain America movie...

Perfect. I'm actually drawing these rather than just photomanips (because caricature is fun but just photomanipping someone's head onto a paperdoll is bordering on creepy for my tastes). I've already drawn him some costumes though- I think he'd look fetching in the USO Showgirl outfits from the Captain America movie...

You're my hero!!!

Dougie Paper Dolls! Squeeeeeeeeeeeee.

:cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up: :cracking-up:

You joke but aren't there these two girls who made paper dolls for VF? I remember there was an only-mildly offensive Titanic paper dolls book they were showing off at one of the homeschool conferences. I'm sure Doug would LOVE the idea, provided it wasn't pitched by one of us ;)

I really love the "special catagory" suggestions. So he is suggesting that his pasty white followers don red face and dress up as "Indians".

That's just special. :angry-banghead:

y1b8bQ3.jpg

What's the story on this photo? And why is that girl so scarily skinny?

That's Philip Bradrick and Katie Valenti's wedding photo. She looks a little thin in that photo, but she's on the tall side and in the Return of the Daughters dvd, she looked good - healthy weight, not overly thin at all. She's had two kids since then, I imagine she's filled out a bit.

Does anyone know how short Dougie (is a tool)actually is?

For someone who is so interested in costume and appearance why doesn't he get his suits tailored better. The overly generous crotch seems to be the favoured look of VF /Scott Brown's mob (can't member the acronym off the top of my head) & maybe it's intentional but his sleeves are miles too long. Do men's wear shops not offer free/cheap tailoring wear he lives? I doubt he's the type to be buying the super cheap suit from the likes of Ed Harry(or whatever the Walmart of suits is in the US).

Something with sequins. Lots of them.

So looking forward to your creation!

Lest I forget...Doug Phillips is a tool, soon to be a paper doll tool with fetching costumes.

For someone who is so interested in costume and appearance why doesn't he get his suits tailored better. The overly generous crotch seems to be the favoured look of VF /Scott Brown's mob (can't member the acronym off the top of my head) & maybe it's intentional but his sleeves are miles too long. Do men's wear shops not offer free/cheap tailoring wear he lives? I doubt he's the type to be buying the super cheap suit from the likes of Ed Harry(or whatever the Walmart of suits is in the US).

Looking at the picture I would say he's about 5'6 or 5'7, guessing?

My shorter male mates have problems buying suits (I do as well, and I'm 5'0). You're right, it's always the length of the sleeves. He should really not be kidding himself on he's taller than he is, and buying off the peg suits, because neither short blokes nor short women can get away with it.

You always get the rather sweet look as though you're dressing up like mummy or daddy for the day. :embarrassed:

Tighter pants might hamper his ability to stand with his legs spread 5 feet apart.

You always get the rather sweet look as though you're dressing up like mummy or daddy for the day. :embarrassed:

:lol: That captures it perfectly, JFC!

Fellow short person here -- happily, I never need to wear anything tailored or dressy, don't care about fashion, and hate to iron. So, these days, I just wear cotton knit tops, mostly 3/4 sleeves.

I didn't even notice how badly that suit fit Doug in that picture. And, of course, once it was pointed out, my inner movie geek thought of the early parts of The Incredible Shrinking Man, where the change is shown mostly with clothes that are too big.

clX6w7d.jpg

Men's clothing designer Joseph Abboud is a guest programmer on Turner Classic Movies tonight, and his first pick was They Died With Their Boots On. It seems he chose it mostly for the costumes, and the movie does make a point of Custer having loved -- well, dress-up, for want of a better way to put it.

I kept thinking of Dougie -- now I want to see Dougie dressed up as George Armstrong Custer.

Dougie doesn't have the cheekbones for Custer. He'd wind up looking like Buffalo Bill. More fabulous facial hair and dashing flair, but buckskin and fringe instead of brass buttons and epaulets.

Dougie doesn't have the cheekbones for Custer. He'd wind up looking like Buffalo Bill. More fabulous facial hair and dashing flair, but buckskin and fringe instead of brass buttons and epaulets.

:lol:

Ah, but Custer wore both -

http://www.cracked.com/funny-5769-georg ... ng-custer/

Yes, it's Cracked, but the pictures are real!

Archived