IGNORED

Proof God is stronger than teh evil birth control

nolongerIFBx

http://www.yardbarker.com/other_sports/ ... n/13768625

On Sunday, Trish Staine was training to run the half-marathon during the upcoming Grandma’s Marathon on June 22 in Duluth, Minn., when she began to experience some back stiffness.

The pain began to intensify on Monday, so much so that her husband John reports that she was “screaming, crying and yelling out.â€

So, after running a nine-mile race on Sunday and believing it to be nothing more than an extreme case of after-run soreness, Staine relied on pain relievers and baths to help dull the discomfort. But nothing helped.

Finally, after the pain became unbearable, an ambulance was called and Staine was taken to Duluth’s Essentia Health-St. Mary’s Medical Center.

A short time later, she gave birth, despite having no idea that she was pregnant. So a woman, presumably in fantastic shape, training for a marathon, had no idea she was pregnant. In fact, her husband insists it looked like she had lost weight. Wow.

The couple, who already have kids — two biological and two foster children — named the new arrival Mira, short for “Miracle.â€

“It was like a dream,†said John. “I wanted to make sure it was real.â€

Even crazier? John had previously had a vasectomy. Great googly moogly.

And new mom Trish, despite being sidetracked in her training (to put it mildly) still plans to run the half-marathon in a couple of weeks.

“We paid for it,†said, John, talking about the marathon’s entry fee. “They’ve already cashed the check.â€

Yeah, the couple already paid for a vasectomy, too. How’s that working out for them.

Sounds like a story that would end up on I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. I saw one once where the women had had a tubal, but it had failed. The doctor they interviewed stated a small precentage do fail something like 3 percent.

Dede and XGay, we found the real miracle baby!!!!

I *JUST* thought of them too. Only I thought "Don't tell Dede & XGay"! Great minds and all! :D

I think I heard somewhere that vasectomies take a year to kick in? Maybe that is how?

Oh God, Mira. I hope they start calling her "My-ra" or something because I could so totally see kids teasing her by calling her "Miralax."

I haven't heard it takes a year for vascetomies to be effective. I do know they are supposed to test the procedure during the follow up appt to make sure they tied off everything effectively.

I *JUST* thought of them too. Only I thought "Don't tell Dede & XGay"! Great minds and all! :D

I wonder if Dede watches I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant . I kinda doubt it. She wouldn't have a speshul snowflake complex if she knew she wasn't that special.

Sounds like a story that would end up on I Didn't Know I Was Pregnant. I saw one once where the women had had a tubal, but it had failed. The doctor they interviewed stated a small precentage do fail something like 3 percent.

NoNoNoNO! Impossible! If birth control could fail, then that would be a means by which an omnipotent, omniscient, evil deity could choose when and if you got pregnant, no matter what your thoughts on the matter. I quite clearly remember that the bible says birth control subverts god's will for you to have children, therefore it must be infallible. See?

Um...not for nothin', but I wonder if she was "running" with any non-vasectomized gentlemen...

I was thinking the same thing.

The vas can regrow after a vasectomy, so I doubt it. I've heard several stories over the years of pregnancy several years after a vasectomy. I just "met" (online) a woman yesterday who had a tubal several years ago and found out she's pregnant. Her older kids are 14 & 11, so it's likely her tubal was at least 10 years ago.

The thing that amazes me is that she has had kids and she had no clue she was pregnant? I can understand a first timer or someone told they couldn't have kids, even just someone with really irregular cycles, but a woman who has had kids before just boggles my mind.

Sure there are instances when men get back in the baby making business spontaneously after vasectomy ....but if I was the husband I'd be calling Maury "you are the father" Povich.

The thing that amazes me is that she has had kids and she had no clue she was pregnant? I can understand a first timer or someone told they couldn't have kids, even just someone with really irregular cycles, but a woman who has had kids before just boggles my mind.

She did think she couldn't get pregnant, and it is entirely possible she did also have irregular menstrual cycles.

There are a few things, additionally, that can mask the symptoms of pregnancy. If you are significantly overweight, or just don't gain much (my mother was in labor with me and the admitting nurse refused to let her into maternity because "that's only for woman who are giving birth"!) you might not be able to SEE that you are pregnant.

If the fetus is in there at a funny position, the fact that they're kicking might not feel the same as it usually does. For example, if the baby is positioned with the feet towards the back, kicking might just feel like odd backaches.

If you are pregnant with multiples, they can't move around much at all and, again, the normally tell-tale kicking won't be.

I was thinking the same thing.

Me too. Except I'm not even wondering, I'm kinda convinced. I think a DNA test would straighten things out.

I have known a couple of women in my life who have gotten pregnant after their husbands got the snip. It wound up destroying the marriage of one of them, since her husband was convinced she was having an affair - EVEN AFTER they got a DNA test and it showed the baby was his. I knew the guy so I say no great loss with that one.

I have also gotten pregnant while on birth control that I used exactly according to directions. They don't publish those failure rates for nothing.

So far as not knowing you're pregnant - it took me months to find out with my youngest daughter - I still had my cycle. And once I did find out, nobody would have guessed I was pregnant. She was frank breech and sitting in a really odd position, where she stayed. One of my coworkers used to say I was carrying in my ass. :lol:

So, while rare, I do believe this woman just didn't know. I wish them luck - what a mindfuck this must be!

It's just so weird. I can't imagine not knowing, especially when you have two other kids.

One of my gf's had the placenta implanted on thr front of her uterus, so she said she didn't really feel any kicking because thr placenta acted as a punching bag lol.

It's just so weird. I can't imagine not knowing, especially when you have two other kids.

One of my gf's had the placenta implanted on thr front of her uterus, so she said she didn't really feel any kicking because thr placenta acted as a punching bag lol.

I know it sounds silly, but, could she deliver naturally having her placenta on the front like that?

An anterior placenta is a variation on normal. Some ppl find it reduces the movement they can feel but that is all. I think you must be thinking of a placenta previa-where the placenta covers the cervix. That needs a c/s.

[list=]

I know it does happen but there is no way I could ever not have known I was pregnant and even when I was carrying twins I wasn't as huge as I have seen some women. But my belly is always very obviously a pregnant one and my children have always been very active movers and shakers inutero lol

This pregnancy I have an anterior placenta for the first time and the only difference I have found was that I felt movements later than usual and the first kicks I did feel were around the sides and not in the middle. I'm now at 32 weeks and I wouldn't say there is a difference at all for me personally, obviously every woman is different though and maybe placenta size also plays a factor in this?

My fourth child was a frank breech facing towards my back, I also had no car and three small children and so was very thin from being very active. I was much, much smaller with her than with any of my other pregnancies, and felt much less movement, and she was just less active in general than the others..

I'm petite and usually have a huge basketball in front when pregnant, and get sick as a dog --- so there is no way I would have not known I was pregnant with this one, but I can see how if you tended not to get very big in general, had irregular periods and didn't get sick - you might not know with that type of baby in that position. I had a tubal when she was born ... and am pretty sure I still had an early miscarriage several years later. I didn't do a test, but had ALL the signs.

My sister's ex-husband had a vasectomy when he was with her, then his second wife got pregnant. He just quietly went and got his sperm count checked-sure enough, one side reversed.

Of course, had he just waited a year, he would have noticed his daughter looks just.like.him.

He got it redone and so far, so good. :)

I knew there is a chance of it not working properly in the first place but I never realised vasectomies could just reverse themselves. This is definitely our last child and everyone has said about hubby getting the snip but I'm beginning to think it will be safer to stick to good old condoms, they have never let us down yet!

A couple I know were considering having a third child. She was on BC to deal with really awful endometriosis, so her ob-gyn told her there was "no way" she could get pregnant, even if she decided to go off the pill. So, content with the two kids they had, she decided to stay on the pill. At one point, she got a bad respiratory infection and had to go on antibiotics. You guessed it: they interfered with the pill's contraceptive efficacy, and there is now a lovely young high school student added to the mix.

Another friend had a third child despite no-way-in-hell endometriosis. And my middle sister, who had PCOS and whose endocrinologist assured her that she'd never get pregnant without invasive fertility treatment, spent her first wedding anniversary at her baby shower. :)

Archived