IGNORED

Treating Asthma Naturally....???

InkyGirl

It did make me feel better to read that she still keeps the nebulizer and abuteral on hand in case of extreme emergencies, but still she goes on about how much money they've saved by not getting all the Rx's. WTH?

thebondurantfiles.blogspot.com/search/label/natural%20healing%20and%20medicine

I have asthma and I am calling Bullshit on this woman! There is no reason to withhold regular daily breathing treatments from this child to keep him symptom free. A months supply of generic albuterol nebulizer solution from the walmart pharmacy is $4.00 damned dollars. A relion rescue inhaler (with fewer inhalations than ProAire or Proventil) has a $9.00 copay. Generic Allegra is $13.00 for a 30 count bottle (it's almost as effective as Singulair in my case).

This woman is neglecting her kids...and for what? To prove she's holy? That she has more faith than us presription pharmaceutical using heathens? Long term untreated asthma has complications like emphysema and congestive heart failure. Sometimes acute untreated asthma attacks cause sudden death. She should be investigated by child protective services for neglecting her kid. Jesus said suffer the little children to come unto me and forbid them not for such is the kingdome of heaven. He didn't say make your kids suffer through medical neglect because your mom is too stupid and arrogant to use god-given modern medical treatments to prevent or control chronic diseases.

My best friend died at 20 of an asthma attack, she had run out of her inhaler and not gotten her next prescription in time. I used to run over to her house with mine when she didn't have any, but I was out of the country, and it cost her her life. Asthma kills people even if they slip up just once.

If you want to treat your own asthma naturally with fucking liquorice, be my guest - your stupidity only kills yourself. However, I kind of lose patience when people treat their children's potentially fatal illnesses with herbs. This is neglect, no doubt about it. Even if the kid doesn't die, asthma attacks are terrifying, painful and exhausting. I guess she really does need to save money if she's happy to put her child through that.

I should also post some background to my first post.

I am 48 years old. I was diagnosed with asthma when I was two. I remember when there were no prevenatives for asthma attacks. The main treatment in the late 60's and early 70's was a trip to the ER for a shot of epinephrine. The early prevenatitves the theophyllines and prednisone didn't become widely available until the 1970's. Theophylline is essentially speed...the side effects sucked...and prednisone...the side effects were worse. :o And the main treatment was a still a trip to the ER for a shot of epinephrine. My parents spent more than one occasion in the ER wondering if I was going to die before I could be seen by a doctor.

Proventil was not available until I was about 18 years old...for me the experience was something akin to a miracle. Then in the late 80's /early 90's Accolate and Singulair came on the market. I was elated. I haven't had a shot of epinephrine in years. The singulair is expensive...but not as expensive as a trip to the ER or a hospitalization. And it's sure better than being dead.

So..this is why I seriously went off in my last post. There is no excuse to not use preventative treatments for a child's asthma. A child doesn't have the choices an adult does. If an adult chooses to use alternative treatments that is his or her choice.

Archived