IGNORED

Sunshine Mary is shaming fat women because she cares

snuggles911

Sunshine Mary has a new thread today about gluttony in which she attempts to shame fat women because she cares about them: /sunshinemaryandthedragon.wordpress.com/2013/05/24/pride-and-gluttony

She sees the fat acceptance movement as an evil feminist ploy to "uglify" American women:

Why does it matter if obesity stops being a source of shame and instead becomes a source of pride and even – heaven help us – vanity? It is because struggling to lose weight is worthwhile even if a woman doesn’t actually lose weight because at least it keeps her from gaining weight. I’m not a super skinny chick, but because I am properly ashamed of myself when I gain weight and immediately take action to try to correct the situation, this keeps me from expanding with each passing year. However, because the fat acceptance movement is continuing to gain steam, I predict that women have not yet hit critical mass, and we will see a marked increase in the size of the average woman.

You see, fat women are sinners:

Here is the bottom line, ladies: gluttony is nothing to be proud of. Even pride is nothing to be proud of. Both gluttony and pride are sins. The proper response to sin is to feel ashamed of what you have done and to repent.

Be not among drunkards or among gluttonous eaters of meat, for the drunkard and the glutton will come to poverty, and slumber will clothe them with rags. - Proverbs 23:20-21

When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom. – Proverbs 11:2

When commenters suggested that fat shaming isn't such a good idea, Sunshine insisted she's only trying to help women attract men:

The reason why I would encourage women not to accept their fatness isn’t because I hate them but because I care about them. They can shame men up and down for not being attracted to obesity, but it is NEVER going to work. Fat women are going to have a really hard time attracting a mate for anything other than a drunken roll in the hay. They are condemning themselves to long periods of loneliness, and I feel sad for people who are lonely.

Wow. Just wow. That's just the type of encouragement my overweight girlfriends need. :angry-banghead:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunshine Mary is shaming fat women because she is a nasty, heartless bitch.

Let something happen to her that makes it impossible for her to keep her weight down. Something like, say, shattering her knee, not being able to stabilize it no matter what she tries, and not even being able to walk without falling from time to time. (That happened to a friend of mine.) Then let's see how well she likes being fat shamed.

I'll be sure to tell my husband of 17 years that he only wants me for a "drunken roll in the hay". And I guess I should break the news gently to the other fat women I know who have long standing marriages/relationships and kids. I'm sure they'll be devastated.

I am just so appalled. Who the hell does she think she is? There is a word for women like this, but I'm too much of a lady to say it. Overweight people can lose weight and change their looks, but she's a bitch to her core and I don't think anything will change that. Most of my family is overweight, and my God, they have struggled to slim down to what society thinks they should look like. They have more kindness and compassion in their little fingers than this "Christian" woman has in her entire being. I'm just so angry because my cousin who is a bbw was told a "fat joke" at a bar one night when she and I went out. The joke was something like how do you have sex with a fat woman? Roll her in flour and hit the wet spots. It turned what was a wonderful night to celebrate her upcoming wedding into a tear-fest, and the cops were called on me. Not a good night. Laura has a fucking temper. :obscene-birdiered:

That was one of the most offensive, illogical, poorly thought out things I have read in a while! I don't know any woman who is proud of being fat. I am a fat woman, I am not proud of it, but I am not going to let it rule my life. I wont stop doing things I love because of it. I wont not go to the beach with my kids because of it. I work toward being healthy physically, emotionally, and spiritually most days.

I refuse to obsess about calories, points, or carbs; or a number on the scale. I don't want shallow bitches like her for a friend either!

I'll be married for 20 years this September. I'm willing to bet my life and my marriage is much happier and healthier than Mary Sunshine's. After all, I learned a long time ago that people like her have nothing better to do with their time and their lives than tear down others to make themselves feel better.

While she's quoting those Bible verses, I believe there's several that would address her faux piety and her "concern" for women who did nothing more than outweigh her. I'll bet Jesus would share the loaves and fishes with fat people, too.

Och, she's a daft cow. Also, she thinks no men prefer fat women? In what alternate universe is she operating in?

Her comments section is funny. I have learnt that doxing is a left-wing attack technique (outside of Anonymous-types, the people who are keenest on doxing that I've ever met are US Tea Partiers) and that if your daughter's middle-school male friends would give you one some day, you're Doing Femininity Right. :lol:

I've been told on the same day I'm too big and I'm too small. More than once I've heard people argue whether I need to gain or lose weight. I'll never please everybody. All that really matters is that I'm health and happy.

I'm not religious but she needs to try reading the parts of the Bible about acceptance and quit clinging to the parts of the Bible that enable her to be judgmental.

The joke was something like how do you have sex with a fat woman? Roll her in flour and hit the wet spots.

I don't get this joke. So you roll a woman in flower and then when she's aroused some parts of the flour are wet? But this is specific to being overweight? ......Bigots make no sense.

Holy shitsnacks....the comment section is shocking. All these so called Christians and their nasty hateful comments!

Delusions of grandeur: the title of these photos is “fat and attractiveâ€.

Saw this under one of the pics. WTF! :pull-hair:

Bigots make no sense.

This needs to be embroidered on a sampler and hung on the wall, put on a million t-shirts, shouted from the rooftops.

So much in that to make me furious, I can't even find the words. (Plus my cat is laying his own fat body across my tablet making it infinitely harder to type) People like that make me sick, and are why I spent my childhood thinking being thinner was the only way I'd really be happy.

Mary is not spreading Sunshine. Mary is spreading bull shit.

Sweet hell was that vicious. Where do these good ol' Christians like Mary get off trying to shame people into feeling less than? People like Mary go around saying they are disciples of Christ and then turn around and say disgusting crap like this. Her viciousness does nothing for her God. It turns people away.

Honestly, if there were a choice in this equation, I would much rather be overweight and a decent person than what one would consider normal weight and spew this type of disgusting rhetoric. Many can try to lose their weight, but Mary, no matter what her weight is, will always be a nasty human if she believes this crap.

This nonsense has to stop. Women need to stop making other women feel bad about their weight and appearance. News flash: you are not inspiring people by talking about them like they are not worthy.

Go fuck yourself Mary.

She feels "sad for people that are lonely?" Single =/= lonely. I would feel a thousand times more lonely in her situation (married to an asshole who cheats on her and controls/emotionally abuses her) than being single and slightly overweight.

This needs to be embroidered on a sampler and hung on the wall, put on a million t-shirts, shouted from the rooftops.

Maybe we can get the number of XGay's embroider to make this happen. :)

Is a person automatically "lonely" because they don't have a partner? A very strange idea.

Also, I've actually been in the hospital for malnutrition (long story). I lost around a stone (14 pounds) in a couple of weeks. Maybe I looked thinner and therefore my sexxay ratio went right up, I don't remember because I was spending too much time being given constant blood tests and struggling to stand.

Or there was the other girl I was in hospital with. Her goal was to be 4 stone in weight (56 pounds). And she did it to be prettier, sexier, more like what we're all told to be. She even said that. I have heard from anorexics before the same thing about "no man being ashamed to be seen with her" which Sunshine Mary promotes.

Let us stay with the fat and cheerful ladies. The alternative is worse (and believe me, I know).

Let us stay with the fat and cheerful ladies. The alternative is worse (and believe me, I know).

There is a lot of space between anorexic/starving and fat. And one can be thin and cheerful. Body shaming is wrong no matter who the victim is and what end of the weight spectrum she falls on.

I wish people like this would just shut the hell up. :pull-hair: How about we all just worry about our own bodies, and leave everybody else's alone?

There is a lot of space between anorexic/starving and fat. And one can be thin and cheerful. Body shaming is wrong no matter who the victim is and what end of the weight spectrum she falls on.

Totally agree with that, but what I was trying to say (maybe in a crap fashion) is that attitudes like SM's cause real harm, and fat is by far the lesser problem when you've been in a unit where your table-mate literally can't eat because she's so terrified of putting on a pound. One of the things I remember was the "No, I can't. I CAN'T" when food was offered and how she secretly tried to get us to eat her food and pretend she had eaten it when the nurses weren't looking. She was by far the scariest anorexic I knew, and I've known a few. And all of the things she said could have come straight off Sunshine Mary's site.

I think all shapes of women are great and the most important thing is to be relaxed and like yourself, if you are thin, fat or anything in between. It's just that a really determined anorexic who thinks she is huge and disgusting to men is a horrific thing to behold. This girl had a lovely personality and a warm nature that anyone would be drawn to, as well as a pretty face and a good deal of intelligence and that was all lost to her because of her controlling obsession. I feel like it's people like Sunshine Mary who end up forcing vulnerable people into this condition.

These leftists and liberals and those who disagree with us, HATE us. They hate us with the fire of a thousand suns and more passion than Fabio on a romance novel cover.

They want to identify us publicly for the specific purpose of ruining us personally and professionally. They want us to lose our jobs, become unemployable, and have our husbands and wives divorce us. They want us deprived of professional licenses, connections, and any way to earn a living. They want to demonize us so as to marginalize and ostracize us. They want you and your families run out of town on a rail. They want our property plundered and destroyed, and our houses burned to the ground.

They can’t send you to a Soviet-style gulag (yet). So they’ll try to do the next best thing. They’ll put you in a virtual gulag, in which you’ll have no friends or associates, and you’ll become unemployable, impoverished, emaciated and isolated.

And loving this from SM's comments. WHAT

:cray-cray:

And loving this from SM's comments. WHAT

:cray-cray:

Wow. Let me get this straight--this is the very people that are having conversations publicly about ostracizing women that are not a certain size? They speak of not wanting isolation for themselves but gleefully rant about other women they deem undersirable and saying these same women they make fun of deserve to be alone for having a bit of weight on their frame? That is rich. Honestly, if the people on that blog are stupid enough to put their disgusting views out on display and attach their names to said disgusting views, they have no one else to blame but themselves if people google them and think they are unemployable and ridiculous.

Question: it seem like its acceptable to shame fat men but not fat women, is this true? Is this a FJ way or its the way in America?

When I read the jokes and remarks about Josh being fat, how he will not live long because hes fat, that if he pass gass near flame he will explosion, he lives on nachos, hes going bald on his head, the joking would make me laugh so much. If here you remark about a fat woman, FJ women be upset and bash you.

Whats the explanation of this "double standard" of the FJ board? Theres a big more acceptance to call a man ugly or fat, but not acceptance to do the same to a woman.

Sunshine Mary comments, may be in her culture circle the men generally express only interest in not fat women? So shes being honest to the women in her christian subculture? For example my culture tells women to keep your body slim with out extra fat. We believe we like men to be attracted to our bodies and not just our mind/personality. May be the fundy culture is like that? Every picture I see of fundy people they are not overweight (or fat, I dont know which word is more acceptable), they always have neat hair, nice clothes, etc,. May be she really feels shes helping by toughlove kind of thing?

Not all of us laugh at Josh for being fat - I don't, and I know there are others who don't either. I don't shame ANYONE for their body, male or female, fat or not. To me, no body shaming is acceptable.

However, I would say that in American culture in general, it is far more acceptable to shame fat women than fat men.

And it is laughable that any culture has men who only like slimmer women - men are people, with as much variation in their preferences as women. There are always men who prefer bigger women, and there are always men who just don't care either way. I find that most men just don't care.

Archived