IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars do Part 4

happy atheist

I wonder if a woman will deliberately make a play for him in order to sell her story as a Tell All exclusive. Josh will have experienced teen fans flirting with him, so he'll know how to handle that. But those are brief encounters, he will he react if there is someone he has to see on a regular basis making a play for him, how will he handle that? He doesn't have the lifeexexperience to deal with that and I think he might just fall for it.

Ugh, I hope not. If only so that the Fundy World won't have more "evidence" that the outside world is ebil & we must all stay SAHD's, etc.

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think TLC really likes filming Anna's births because she is very, very vocal. There is nothing wrong with that and it's how many women are- but I'm sure it's more interesting for them to televise someone who is worrying aloud, moaning and groaning and yelling and babbling than someone who is calmly breathing through their contractions or gets an epidural.

My last two babies were home water births. The water is fairly shallow, and my midwife grabbed the baby as soon as it was born. Since the baby is still attached via the umbilical cord, it's getting all the oxygen it needs. Warm water is similar to the amniotic fluid a baby is used to, so there is some thinking that it is actually much more comfortable for them to be born into an environment similar to what they are used to. As long as the water is warm, the baby won't gasp for air. Cold water could make the baby gasp, but that wouldn't be very comfortable for the mother and still, the baby is under water for maybe half a second and there is no real risk of it drowning. My first birth was twins and they were born at a hospital. It was a horrible experience for me. The water births were much, much more pleasant and relaxing, which does make a difference to the outcome.

Yes, I understand that. What I'm saying is that as similar as water feels to amniotic fluid, it doesn't have the same affect on the lungs, and in those cases where the reflexes fail (there are 7 billion of us. Nothing's foolproof), it has led to infection and damage to the lungs. Again, not an expert, so I'm not sure whether every single case of that has been in the wrong temperature water or whatever.

Yes, I understand that. What I'm saying is that as similar as water feels to amniotic fluid, it doesn't have the same affect on the lungs, and in those cases where the reflexes fail (there are 7 billion of us. Nothing's foolproof), it has led to infection and damage to the lungs. Again, not an expert, so I'm not sure whether every single case of that has been in the wrong temperature water or whatever.

That is true. There are risks with any type of birth. When I was preparing for the birth of my 3rd child I was very anxious about having to go back to the hospital in case I had a repeat of my first birth, which was very scary for me and very uncomfortable. I wanted a birth where I would feel empowered and safe, and after meeting with a CNM (a nurse midwife) who does home births she assured me that while there were risks to a water birth, they were unlikely and I trusted her to take charge of the situation. Both of my water birth babies were completely fine, they were under water for maybe half a second until she pulled them out of the water. My twins born at the hospital were fine too, but the entire experience was a nightmare for me. My midwife has done countless water births and has not had any serious complications involving damage to a baby's lungs. While these things can happen, I don't think it's very likely.

But everyone has their own opinion and what may be fine for one woman can be terrifying for another!

i think it's wonderful that a woman can choose what kind of birth experience she wants, unless there's an emergency of course. what i gathered from this episode is that anna had no idea what was happening. any decent midwife, doula, INTERNET ARTICLE would teach an expectant mother the facts about a water birth. anna wanted them to drain the water out and prayed the. baby wouldn't die. she did not understand what was going on and everyone disregarded her fears and just kept saying "it's ok, it's ok". what dopes. i thought that anna thought the water was for her comfort, but they would get her out of it before the baby came. maybe i'm wrong, but that was my impression

i think it's wonderful that a woman can choose what kind of birth experience she wants, unless there's an emergency of course. what i gathered from this episode is that anna had no idea what was happening. any decent midwife, doula, INTERNET ARTICLE would teach an expectant mother the facts about a water birth. anna wanted them to drain the water out and prayed the. baby wouldn't die. she did not understand what was going on and everyone disregarded her fears and just kept saying "it's ok, it's ok". what dopes. i thought that anna thought the water was for her comfort, but they would get her out of it before the baby came. maybe i'm wrong, but that was my impression

The Internet is of the devil. It is full of heathen liberal feminists who only want to persuade godly wimmenz to abort their full term babies or have scheduled c sections so as not to conflict with their devil worship at jc penney.

They should have given Anna more information about waterbirths, and also let her choose what was going to happen, she obviously wasnt fully on board with it, as she was worried the baby would drown.

Two things stood out. No, more than that. I'll start listing and see where I end up...

As with everyone else, I though J-chelle's demeanor on the ride was nothing short of bizarre. It was very reminiscent of her demeanor when they announced to the family that she had miscarried Jubiliee. Does the "mother of the year" not know how to comfort ANYONE, ANYTIME? WTF?

Dim-Bulb welcoming the baby to the family, saying, "We're a really busy family...". Dim, YOUR family may be very busy, but Marcus has his own family, which is not your family. WTH happened to "leave and cleave"?

Now adding:

Good grief, Anna's high pitched voice was Priscilla all over again. She reached a level I have never heard from her before.

Flip flops to run a baby stroller with 2 kids across a busy street in DC? Really? Not to mention how out of place the whole "uniform" (long skirt, flip flops, highly pregnant, 2 kids in a stroller) looked in DC.

I am no fan of Smugs, but I hope his family is getting some serious support. This whole move is a recipe for disaster. Undereducated, underqualified Smugs finally moving away from home and into a highly visible position in a big city, away from every support system he's ever known, going out on a financial limb to get a home, 2 kids plus a newborn. I would add job stress and long hours to this, but somehow I feel those aren't going to be a concern. Still, how many ways can this go bad?

I am no fan of Smugs, but I hope his family is getting some serious support. This whole move is a recipe for disaster. Undereducated, underqualified Smugs finally moving away from home and into a highly visible position in a big city, away from every support system he's ever known, going out on a financial limb to get a home, 2 kids plus a newborn. I would add job stress and long hours to this, but somehow I feel those aren't going to be a concern. Still, how many ways can this go bad?

Which continues to beg the question - who's paying for this? Probably TLC, unless FRC gives out really nice salaries to college minus grads whose only experience is "running" a car lot. Not to mention, they have to at least be aware that given Josh's lifestyle, he's going to be the single supporting income for a SAHM and three kids... and that's assuming they stop at three.

Which continues to beg the question - who's paying for this? Probably TLC, unless FRC gives out really nice salaries to college minus grads whose only experience is "running" a car lot. Not to mention, they have to at least be aware that given Josh's lifestyle, he's going to be the single supporting income for a SAHM and three kids... and that's assuming they stop at three.

I'd be shocked if TLC would go so far as to subsidize Smuggar's employment with the FRC. They are asking for enough trouble by just continuing to air the show with him on it.

Josh is probably being paid well enough to rent a decent three or four bedroom home in the burbs. He said on the show that he was going to be well-compensated by his new employer, although he acknowledged the cost of living would be much higher.

The FRC is hiring him to raise their profile, and it's working already. I'm sure that alone makes him worth a really nice salary, despite his lack of experience in pretty much everything this world has to offer.

I disagree that TLC is paying for any of this other than whatever compensation Josh and family are paid to be on the show. FRC will undoubtedly pay him some kind of salary. I expect them to rent, not buy, unless the Duggar trust will own the property.

I don't think Smuggar will have to pay rent or buy a home at all. I think he's being brought in to increase FRC's profile and put a "friendly" face on the organization, and part of that offer includes housing. After all, who's attacking a young husband who's support to a wife and three kids under 5? Awww. Their previous poster boy (Santorum) has been completely marginalized. I'm sure they think they're getting some adorable photo ops from Smuggar, Anna and the kids.

I already said I'm in for $20 that Smuggar will have an affair in DC. (I'm only sorry we'll probably never hear about someone having to give him remedial training on how to use a condom.) I'm in for $10 that Smuggar and Anna will be compelled to show up at a media event like FOX's table at the White House Correspondents Dinner, and someone will be tasked with coaching them and making sure they are dressed correctly. I'm also betting that Jim Boob and Mullet will be on their doorstep demanding an invitation as well.

Speaking of Anna, I'm wondering who's going to draw the short straw re: taking her to the beauty salon for a makeover, taking her shopping for a realistic wardrobe, and telling her that she will be wearing actual shoes and expected to make conversation with those who graduated from college at her husband's photo ops. She'll be told that she's wearing suits or an appropriate length dress with heels whenever she leaves the house. I'm betting the word "slacks with a low heel" gets mentioned, too.

Of course, all bets are off if Smuggar sticks his foot in his mouth on camera. I'm thinking there's a very high incidence of that happening.

I think Anna will do well. She seems to be a fairly quick learner. Remember her first appearances on TV?? She dresses much better (!!), does her hair, wears makeup, is more poised. I think she'll look around and make some changes.

And, especially if she lives in the burbs, she may well meet other young mothers, which again will broaden her horizons.

Having lived in the burbs in that area, I know that young parents tend to welcome other parents, regardless of religion.

I'm hoping Anna will surprise us, in a good way.

I think a lot of that is the explanation of every thing that goes on in a reality show. I'm sure she knew something about the water birth before she had one, just like she knew what they would be checking at the 25 week appointment. Just like when they went to dinner Josh and Jim Bob didn't suddenly decide to lose weight. It's a reality show, that means there are prompts about what to talk about and what to explain to the audience.

I think her "Don't let the baby die" is just the way she is. Like her prayers to not let the baby arrive in the car. She's just very loud and anxious during labor. I think it's great that she's willing to show that to the world. Birth tends to be loud and messy and painful. That's normal. And for her it's obvious she is okay with being loud and messy and voicing her fears and showing pain. Good for her.

I don't think that Anna has taken enough natural birthing classes. I did natural childbirth and the breathing techniques really worked well until transition. The moaning before she got 4 cm diliated bothered me.

Everyone's experience is not the same. I took multiple childbirth classes, have 7 children and during my natural labors was in severe pain and crying out just like Anna well before 4 cm. Just b/c the breathing and all helped you doesn't mean it helps everyone the same way, and people react to pain in different ways. Doesn't mean she was 'overreacting' to the pain.

I'm very glad that Anna doesn't feel the need to 'keep sweet' during labour.

i love anna, i truly do. she's the biggest breath of fresh air that family has had since well, that lawn mower michelle used back in high school!

The term "kiddo" I have heard many times in the past bunch of months; I think it's just become a trendy word!!!

I was called kiddo when I was a child back before it was cool. I guess that makes me a hipster. :geek:

My 14 year old son who rarely watches the show asked me why Michelle looked so angry during the car ride.

I swear she is clenching her jaw.

That is bad for teeth and jaw. I cracked a few teeth doing that due to stress. Now I chew on my cheek. I know to stop when it hurts.

Edit to add: I think Josh wants fewer kids. He remembers what life was like before the family went quiverful He also know about all of the scarifies his parents had to make to be debt free. Those sacrifices were also made by the children. I think he would be a different person if his parents had more reasonable spacing between kids. I hope Anna breast feeds her kids for two years to help in the spacing out process. Its not a surefire way to keep from getting pregnant. But, it can help.

I think Anna is very natural when labouring. It's good that she can show pain or be worried and nobody tells her to be quiet or keeping sweet.

I also think she loves her children. They don't use methods like "let them cry" (they sleept with MacKynzie in some episodes) so I suppose their training may be "softer" than the Duggars. I think Anna's mother was a loving one, not like Michelle. So Anna had a better mothering example than Duggars.

I also think Anna is a powerful person and can became the home's leader. Josh didn't want more children but she has won the battle.

It's pretty obvious Josh will have issues in DC (girls, alcohol...). Fundies are raised in fear but not in a real self control. Josh feels free now and it's good for him, but he is not mature enough and it's dangerous. It's like a teenager with the freedom of an adult.

Everyone's experience is not the same. I took multiple childbirth classes, have 7 children and during my natural labors was in severe pain and crying out just like Anna well before 4 cm. Just b/c the breathing and all helped you doesn't mean it helps everyone the same way, and people react to pain in different ways. Doesn't mean she was 'overreacting' to the pain.

I agree with everything you wrote just not with Anna in the car. I think she was encouraged to make it seem like she was about to give birth on the highway since it made for better TV.

Well, I'm trying to watch the latest episodes of Duggar posted on youtube but I really can't understand. I understand (some) english writing, but I really can't understand American spoken (because in school learn to understand the accent of oxford very articulated but not normally spoken American accent :lol: ). And my best friend is enough to stop the video every two minutes "they said this or that ...". In fact I never really understood what the Duggars said in the episodes :? . Does anyone know where there are subtitled episodes on Youtube ?

Well, I'm trying to watch the latest episodes of Duggar posted on youtube but I really can't understand. I understand (some) english writing, but I really can't understand American spoken (because in school learn to understand the accent of oxford very articulated but not normally spoken American accent :lol: ). And my best friend is enough to stop the video every two minutes "they said this or that ...". In fact I never really understood what the Duggars said in the episodes :? . Does anyone know where there are subtitled episodes on Youtube ?

I don't think there are, but if you want any particular parts transscripted, just send me a message with the video and I'll try to help you.

Well, sure -- remember that Be-all Phillips (Mrs. Doug) not only walked out but had Dougie take her and the hours-old infant out to breakfast!!!!

After I had my son naturally, I could have run a few laps around the hospital. Even with the stitches I felt like Superwoman, so I'm giving her a pass on going home shortly after giving birth. Now with my daughter, the after birth pains were really bad, and you couldn't have blasted me out of that hospital bed and the pain killer connection I was in serious need of at the time. I guess it really depends on the labor and how the mom and baby are doing.

Archived