IGNORED

SAHD makes album for missions to NZ

dairyfreelife

No. Nooooooo.

No more fundies here! We have enough! I was raised in the middle of a big group of them! Although almost all fundies here homeschool and so are not noticed by general society. And a lot of our fundies do go and "preach to the heathen" in Africa and the Phillipines so i suppose we deserve it *shudder*

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And Ken Ham is Australian, so sending this flibbertigibbet is just payback, really.

i think the ledger continues to favour the antipodes, all things considered.. :)

This reminds me of some teens who came by my friend's house a few years back. They were going door-to-door to raise money for their youth group's mission trip to Hawaii. When questioned about the nature of the trip, they said they'd be doing some prayer-walks and generally ministering to the people of Hawaii. Oh, what sacrifice. :roll:

i think the ledger continues to favour the antipodes, all things considered.. :)

Don't rub in in. :( Trade you a few million guns for temperate weather?

Oh yes, Mormon missionaries still roam the US.

There are a couple of LDS missionaries in my neighborhood in Maryland, and I find it amusing that everyone knows what they are, right away. These wide-eyed Utah boys seem to think they are on a stealth mission! (Yeah, buddy, your black pants/white shirt/narrow black tie/ black nametag/bicycle is a brilliant disguise).

Don't forget that Mitt Romney went on his Mormon mission to France! Hardly a hotbed of heathenism or 3rd World poverty.

Husband is a kiwi. His grandfather was a missionary in Indonesia, his uncle is a missionary in South Africa and his cousins are missionaries in South Africa, India and Papua New Guinea. (All are fundy/fundy-lite.) Given that NZ is exporting fundy missionaries to Asia and Africa, I think it can afford to take in a couple of Americans.

I cannot wait to tell my agnostic Catholic Kiwi husband that his country is exporting fundies!!!

I just looked at the Snyder blog, where they are making "New Zealand" food for Alabamians. First of all, they have a British flag up in the fellowship hall. Okaaaaay.

Then the pavolova looks mushy and the pies are gigantic, lumpy and don't look baked all the ways. Kiwis, check it out!

"Damn girl, your heart was black with sin. :evil-laugh:

Were your sisters older or younger than you? How did you know they were adopted and they didn't?"

As an older sister I felt it was my duty (no, my calling) to tease(neither was actually adopted) my younger siblings. I also told them they were left by gypsies - because that's how this bad girl rolls.

This reminds me of some teens who came by my friend's house a few years back. They were going door-to-door to raise money for their youth group's mission trip to Hawaii. When questioned about the nature of the trip, they said they'd be doing some prayer-walks and generally ministering to the people of Hawaii. Oh, what sacrifice. :roll:

I'm thinking I need to do some missionary work in the Bahamas to, um, save all the heathens and lead prayers, so wants to help pay for me to take this great vacation task?

These people are homeschooling.

One of our favorite things when we have a few free days on the road is to pull into a State Campground. We can get a lot of school work done out in the woods; well with the insensitive of trails to hike, and fires to start, tennis to play, or a play ground to climb on. A couple

weeks ago we were in TN visiting some Aunts and Uncles and were able to spend a few days at a camp ground and have some fun along with getting work done.

Also, is banana cake particularly New Zealandish? It always amuses me when people stamp everything they experience in a short visit somewhere as the typical things of that country. In trying to be an expert they only display their naivete.

I'm thinking I need to do some missionary work in the Bahamas to, um, save all the heathens and lead prayers, so wants to help pay for me to take this great vacation task?

Back in the day, I participated in a 'missions trip' to the Bahamas, lol. The first week we were there, we stayed at a xian boarding school and worked our asses off for them. We hammered out, by hand, the concrete floors of the shower room, hauled it out and then repoured the cement, mixing it with one of those tiny little mixer thingies - not sure what they're called exactly but we didn't have a big old truck show up and dump. We had bags of mix and it went into this thing, that cranked and mixed and then they dumped that into wheelbarrows and brought it in and dumped it and then we did all the pertinent work after that.

We also painted the entirety of the girls' dorms - 2 floors worth. We sandblasted all their folding chairs and then resprayed them. That was the big stuff. We did some smaller fix-it type stuff as well - tightening/fixing or replacing taps, that sort of thing.

The second week was VBS and youth type stuff. But in reality, it wasn't helpful. All it provided was a distraction from the day to day poverty these kids lived in. That, and we fed them lunch but that was only for a week. Big deal.

We were up at 4 am every day for the first week, had breakfast going by 5 and were usually out working between 530 and 600 am, specifically to do with the heat. We finished up between 12 and 1, depending on the heat/temperature of the day. The rest of the day we did any number of things. Typically, we all snoozed after lunch, and some days we toured the island and some days we went to the beach for relief from the heat. Some days we just hung around the dorms and did whatever. Evenings were spent "debriefing", visiting with the onsite dorm parents, and one night we went to a local church for bible study.

In hindsight, we did very little, in the grand scheme of things, in improving those people's day to day lives. A week just isn't enough.

To add to my reply, we ended up going there in particular, because our 'leader' had done the same trip twice before, at a different church and could arrange this trip with relative ease. So that was the connection there.

I went on a mission trip to Florida once... we were there to help the students develop a Christian ministry (it was a particular group of students that asked for our help.)

Best. Mission trip. Ever. I'd never been swimming in the ocean before... turns out I prefer freshwater, but it was still an experience I'd really been wanting to have.

These people are homeschooling.

Also, is banana cake particularly New Zealandish? It always amuses me when people stamp everything they experience in a short visit somewhere as the typical things of that country. In trying to be an expert they only display their naivete.

We eat it but I would say pavlova, pineapple lumps, l&p and Anzac biscuits are more kiwi things.

Don't rub in in. :( Trade you a few million guns for temperate weather?

Not a chance - even if you'd agree to take all the poisonous snakes and spiders too. :)

And Ken Ham is Australian, so sending this flibbertigibbet is just payback, really.

New Zealand isn't part of Australia. Yet. (Except when we want to claim some of its celebrities, like Russell Crow).

She's going to be sharing her "salvation testimony"?!? And what, people are supposed to care about this shit?!

stayathomedaughter.com/2011/08/31/my-boring-testimony/

Also, SOTDRT alert!

Just as God is uncomprehendiblely holy we are uncomprehendibley sinful.

AND she writes books! I'm kind of tempted to spend $3.50 on this latest idiocy of hers and share my thoughts... but I'll need a couple glasses of something 20% or higher in me before I can proceed.

New Zealand isn't part of Australia. Yet. (Except when we want to claim some of its celebrities, like Russell Crow).

You can keep Russell as long as you want :p Just don't try and give us Ken Ham.

Not a chance - even if you'd agree to take all the poisonous snakes and spiders too. :)

I'll see your poisonous snakes and spiders, and raise you human-devouring carnivores, insect-borne disease AND contact allergic plants. Plus rabies. :dance:

I'll see your poisonous snakes and spiders, and raise you human-devouring carnivores, insect-borne disease AND contact allergic plants. Plus rabies. :dance:

Bears in NJ blew my %*(^& mind. I thought they were creatures of the Wilderness (which started somewhere in the Distance Horizon) - not of suburbia.

You know what though - I'm totally happy for you to keep Ken Ham, Ray Bananaman Comfort and your bears. Also, all those guns. :wink-kitty:

Lilith, someone made a quip about the antipodes. Besides, they're claiming pavlova for NZ.

Bears in NJ blew my %*(^& mind. I thought they were creatures of the Wilderness (which started somewhere in the Distance Horizon) - not of suburbia.

You know what though - I'm totally happy for you to keep Ken Ham, Ray Bananaman Comfort and your bears. Also, all those guns. :wink-kitty:

Oh. Really? Are you sure? What if I threw in some skunks? What about moose? Moose are really cool, and they can't even give you a rash, let alone disembowel you. Tell you what, we'll even take the Above Rubies folks off your hands.

PS: in my metropolitan suburban back yard I could conceivably encounter coyotes, rabies, lyme disease, west nile virus, poison ivy, skunks, a black bear, poisonous spiders and snakes. Steve Irwin would quail. Quail, I tell you!

Lilith, someone made a quip about the antipodes. Besides, they're claiming pavlova for NZ.

Oh. Really? Are you sure? What if I threw in some skunks? What about moose? Moose are really cool, and they can't even give you a rash, let alone disembowel you. Tell you what, we'll even take the Above Rubies folks off your hands.

PS: in my metropolitan suburban back yard I could conceivably encounter coyotes, rabies, lyme disease, west nile virus, poison ivy, skunks, a black bear, poisonous spiders and snakes. Steve Irwin would quail. Quail, I tell you!

Can I join in this game?

Dear American friends, please keep your bears, skunks and most importantly, rabid animals.

Dear Canadian friends, please keep your bears and your moose.

In exchange, I am happy to keep our brown snakes, tiger snakes, red-bellied black snakes, funnelweb spiders, trapdoor spiders and every other small+deadly we have. I don't mind excepting a few fundy missionaries. It's not like most of us listen to them anyway.

Dear Kiwi friends, I believe there are more of you in Bondi than in your own country and most of us take a trip to visit you every couple of years so why don't we just call it quits and become one country: New Strayaland? (The All Blacks versus Wallabies thing may be a problem but I am sure we can work something out.)

Now, let's get down to the real issue: Dear British friends, Will you please take back the eleventy billion foxes and rabbits? We really don't need them.

Love, a Strayan who doesn't mind finding the occasional snake in her backyard.

Archived