IGNORED

The Schamel Family

docmom

Looking back at the multi-generational spreadsheet weirdness... John James is going to have Johnson James, Jessie, Jordan, Joshua, Joy Elizabeth, Jerimiah, Josiah, Joseph Paul, Grace Suzanne, and Elizabeth Liberty.

Someone's got Duggar envy. IDK why he had to break the J names at the end though.

Edit: I copied these names, including Jerimiah, exactly as they were spelled. (I can't figure out how to copy a column of cells on excel lol).

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like Stephani's baby is named is Serenity.

Lovely name. Also, it's NOWHERE on that stupid "future baby names" chart. :nenner:

I suppose it's good they're traveling--nothing like having your worldview challenged by the actual world!

The thing is I don't believe her world view was changed. She was serious when she said she was surprised to meet Christains in Rome. She clearly doesn't see Catholics as Christians. The Christians she met were. Almost certainly fun dies just like her. You can't change your worldview if you go out into the world with blinkers on

My iPhone is responsible for fun dies but its accurate so I'll leave it.

Here ya go... theschamelfamily.com/index.html

I get the feeling the family owns Armor steel buildings as their main moneymaker

armorsteelbuildings.com/index.htm

Little cheers me up more than finding out that offspring from an oppressive fundie family escaped and became liberal, atheist, and/or openly gay.

It's a clear sign that the lifestyle they espouse is not sustainable. If you escaped a fundie background, I admire you more than you could ever know. It's a triumph against religious fundamental nonsense. It is a sign that even a lousy excuse for an education doesn't preclude someone from learning that living a life you feel good about is worth the hassle. It is a testament to the immense power of the human mind and spirit to allow rationality to defeat absurdity. It is proof that fundamentalism is not fun- it's dumb and mental. That that there is always light at the end of the tunnel.

Off topic, but thank you so much for this post. I'm not Stephani, but I also managed to escape a fundamentalist family/church and am now living my own little atheist life away from oppression. My therapist is always telling me that I am amazing and strong to have developed critical thinking skills despite my educational neglect and isolation, but I kind of don't take what she says to heart. It's nice to see someone say the same things about escapees in general. Again, sorry to go off topic, but I am having a rough day and this lifted my spirits.

Off topic, but thank you so much for this post. I'm not Stephani, but I also managed to escape a fundamentalist family/church and am now living my own little atheist life away from oppression. My therapist is always telling me that I am amazing and strong to have developed critical thinking skills despite my educational neglect and isolation, but I kind of don't take what she says to heart. It's nice to see someone say the same things about escapees in general. Again, sorry to go off topic, but I am having a rough day and this lifted my spirits.

I wish you continued joy on your journey. I am glad you were able to escape. I find it so hard to understand the fundamentalist lifestyle, especially the controlling parenting style. Hang in there and continue to enjoy your freedom.

Creepy, just creepy. This sounds very similiar to Steve Maxwell's 200 year plan...it is Steve right? Where these dominionist nutjobs think they can map out their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

I did have a list of names and I did use them. But, I never showed them to a soul. They were private and close to my heart, not something forced upon me. My creepy mother used to try to force me to tell her once she knew I had a list and I actually LIED to her. It was for no one else to see and definitely not some predictor of my future.

I was checking out some of the older blog posts and read one about a father/son retreat. They let Amber tag along to serve them their food. I find that both disgusting and creepy to take a daughter to an all male retreat just to serve her father and brothers their food. :evil-eye:

On the other hand, I am so happy for Stephani finding a way to break free and truly live her life! I admire her strength.

This is just beyond creepy to me. I've been around lots of fundie, but this almost looks like mental illness self-medicating with religion to me.

Creepy, just creepy. This sounds very similiar to Steve Maxwell's 200 year plan...it is Steve right? Where these dominionist nutjobs think they can map out their children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

It was Geoff Botkin who came up with the 200 year plan, I believe, and VF sells some kind of kit to help develop a plan like that.

Cancer is a spiritual demon taking form in physical disease.

The above is from page 4 of the "Knights and Maidens" section. Maybe they're a bit more extreme than I thought...

The above is from page 4 of the "Knights and Maidens" section. Maybe they're a bit more extreme than I thought...

The nutjobbery is deep in this one.

I'll be sure to share that with my oncologist. :cray-cray:

Interesting to note that the father's sister just died of cancer this week.

Interesting... I should let my mom know that her deeper spiritual security and faith in the face of terminal diagnosis is all a lie because she has a pancreas demon. :think:

Interesting... I should let my mom know that her deeper spiritual security and faith in the face of terminal diagnosis is all a lie because she has a pancreas demon. :think:

It's interesting that chemotherapy works well on certain dons and not so well on others. I wonder why that is? Do you think they could enlighten me?

I'm sorry to hear about your mom. My brother in law has the melanoma demon. I really wish we could pray this stuff away.

ust the same if your child has a spiritual disease of anger, bitterness, homosexuality or other. You don’t hate the child you hate the demon. If you have Christ spirit of love, and are trained to recognize the demon, wouldn’t you fight to the last breath to save your child spiritually?

I really would like to know the story of Stephani's escape. She must be a very strong person to be able to be true to herself given her parents' beliefs and controlling manner.

It must be terrifying to the younger children who remember Stephani to realize that if they don't do as their parents want, they will just be shunned too.

It must be terrifying to the younger children who remember Stephani to realize that if they don't do as their parents want, they will just be shunned too.

Maybe I'm being an optimist, but this could mean that if any of the other kids wanted to escape, Stephani could be able to help them/take them in/etc.

Does anyone know if having one sibling who escaped helps other siblings escape later?

Maybe I'm being an optimist, but this could mean that if any of the other kids wanted to escape, Stephani could be able to help them/take them in/etc.

Does anyone know if having one sibling who escaped helps other siblings escape later?

It sort of worked with Razing Ruth - she helped her sister out but then obviously her sister decided to go back. I think she had a couple of older brothers who got out too but at least one of them was still very much a fundie.

I am so happy that Stephani got out. I hope that life is kind to her.

I would love to know that story and what kind of reaction her parents had.

Archived