IGNORED

Arrested Development Returns

crazyforkate

Finally finished. Overall it got better as it went on - everything dealing with Maeby, GOB or Tobias was a gem - and I loved the way it all tied together. Agree with those who thought that the ending was pretty WTF. Hopefully it means that they're going to continue - it was even more up-in-the-air than the end of Season 3. At the same time, the signs do not look good for a movie being made.

• 3 weeks later...

I finally got an opportunity to watch the episodes. Mostly I enjoyed them, but not as much as had hoped to. I think the George Michael episode was my favorite. The tone felt more like the original series.

Trivia time: George Maharis (the alias George Michael adopted) was an actor on Route 66 who was arrested back in the early 70s for having gay sex in a gas station bathroom with a hairdresser named Perfecto Telles (which was the name of Maeby's highschool boyfriend).

Steve Holt did not age well.

And what the hell did Portia de Rossi do to her face? We rewatched the first 3 seasons before watching the new episodes, and the change is startling. I found it very distracting. Her new haircut is lovely, but I think she went overboard on the plastic surgery.

I loved that they had Henry Winkler's son playing young Barry.

My sons are into the show, and they have never seen Happy Days. I pulled up the opening theme on YouTube and pointed out Ron Howard, Fonzi and Chachi. It makes me sad that there's an entire level of humor that they are missing because they don't have the background pop culture knowledge. I feel like I have failed as a mother.

I seriously thought they were using a different actress to play Lindsey. That was really strange. I do hope there's a movie; it's a shame to leave everything up in the air all over again.

My favorite thing were the dorm vote-outs and Kristin Wiig as young Lucille.

Maebe's and Gob's episodes were my favorite. My favorite characters on Arrested Development are Maebe and Ann/Bland/Egg/Her, so I'm always happy when they make an appearance!

• 1 year later...

Dusting off this ancient thread to say they're making more!

Get ready for more Arrested Development. In a new interview with Bill Simmons, series co-executive producer Brian Grazer revealed today that 17 more episodes of the show are headed to Netfix soon: "We're gonna do another 17 episodes. So, stay tuned for Arrested Development.”

http://splitsider.com/2015/04/brian-gra ... to-neflix/

Archived