IGNORED

Arrested Development Returns

crazyforkate

Now, the long-awaited Season 4 isn't arriving until late May (and yours truly will be around to record it all for you crazy FJers), but I thought we could use this thread to talk about the show in general. I love it, I'm thrilled they're back, the guest stars seem really promising (John Slattery!) and it's going to be fantastic - I hope.

They just released a two-minute clip and I screamed like Lucille confronted with Gene Parmesan when I saw it:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/04/25/arres ... r-lucille/

I'd be dancing if it weren't for this computer on my lap!

Will that killjoy kid who played George Michael be included? I'll ever hold a grudge against him - Michael Cera - for refusing to join up with a sequel because he didn't want to be typecast. AS if! His role choices were basically ... well, nevermind. the Bluths are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cracking-up:

MamaJunebug, the whole darned cast is back, including (as far as I can tell) several of the supporting characters.

I'm so excited for this. I love Arrested Development. I never thought anything would come of all the talk of a return or movie. I think is says something that the entire cast returned to do the show.

Does anyone follow @bluthquotes on Twitter? I love the ads that they recently shared. They made me laugh.

BIsrceTCIAAtcVo.jpg:small

MamaJunebug, the whole darned cast is back, including (as far as I can tell) several of the supporting characters.

Where's that one emoticon --- :cracking-up: YESSSSS!

There will be 15 episodes, each focusing on a main character (some characters have 2 episodes). All the episodes will interlock with each other. It's apparently very complicated.

The episodes are meant to fill us in on what the characters have been up to since the show ended, so that when they (hopefully) make a movie, they don't have to waste half the running time filling in backstory.

And it somehow involves Gob making George Michael the assistant in his magic act on gay night at the magic club. And kissing him. :dance:

There will be 15 episodes, each focusing on a main character (some characters have 2 episodes). All the episodes will interlock with each other. It's apparently very complicated.

The episodes are meant to fill us in on what the characters have been up to since the show ended, so that when they (hopefully) make a movie, they don't have to waste half the running time filling in backstory.

And it somehow involves Gob making George Michael the assistant in his magic act on gay night at the magic club. And kissing him. :dance:

Those are smart moves there and I do hope a movie is made.

• 4 weeks later...

I love AD. I'm so excited it's back. I watched season 4, episode 1 last night, and I'm excited to watch the rest of the season! I'll probably watch more tonight.

Is this only on Netflix or is there some other way to see it? Netlfix isn't available in German and I LOVE AD and really want to watch!

Is this only on Netflix or is there some other way to see it? Netlfix isn't available in German and I LOVE AD and really want to watch!

I think it's only legally available on Netflix. There's probably a pirated version available for download, but I'm always paranoid about viruses from websites like that.

I started rewatching from the beginning last night and both my husband and I were like damn I forgot how hilarious this show is. So glad we have something to watch now that almost everything is in re-runs.

I've watched about half of season 4 so far and just started over yesterday, to savor it a bit long and find more jokes. It's different, but I like it.

:dance: :cracking-up: :popcorn2: :laughing-rofl::obscene-drinkingcheers::laughing-rolling: <---This was me watching.

I re-watched all the previous seasons before the new one came out, just to get myself more psyched, lol. I just watched episode 6 earlier, and plan to watch another tonight. I've been trying to make them last and not watch them all at once, but I usually end up watching at least 2 per day, lol.

Anyone have a favorite episode? The George Sr ones are the hardest for me to sit through.

I haven't seen them all yet, but I really liked Maeby's episode.

I haven't seen them all yet, but I really liked Maeby's episode.

Ooh, I haven't gotten to hers yet. I'm really looking forward to hers, Buster's, Gob's, and George Michael's. Stop with the George Sr already!

I finished watching the new episodes over the weekend. Buster's was funny. I was a little disappointed how it ended but overall I enjoy the new season.

I've never watched an "internet only" show before, so I've been wondering: will the 4th season be released on DVD? I'd love to complete my collection. Do shows like this get put on DVD?

Also, is there anything else on Netfilx worth watching? Most of the shows I've looked for are not available.

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one who found the ending, you know... kind of devastating? (With Michael and George Michael, I mean.) Deserved, but heartbreaking.

Am I the only one who found the ending, you know... kind of devastating? (With Michael and George Michael, I mean.) Deserved, but heartbreaking.

I really hope they get to make a movie or another season (has there been any info on future projects?) so that gets resolved.

My favorite episodes were Gob's, Maeby's, and Buster's.

It was a very unsatisfying ending. I hope there is a follow-up season or movie, so many things seem unresolved.

Archived