IGNORED

Boston Explosions caused by Muslims

SpeakNow

We looked this up yesterday and my understanding was that the 48 hours is set regardless of the suspects condition. His Miranda will be administered tomorrow by a judge.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We looked this up yesterday and my understanding was that the 48 hours is set regardless of the suspects condition. His Miranda will be administered tomorrow by a judge.

Is the judge going to go to the hospital to do this? If he is in critical condition I can't imagine that he is capable of transport to a courthouse. Not to mention the security issues involved. I would think the authorities want to do everything right to ensure this guy doesn't become the Lee Harvey Oswald (shot down in police station ) of Boston after taking every precaution to capture him alive.

Yesterday, The Thinking Housewife had multiple articles on the bombings, and one of the comments that she allowed on one stated:

Simple solution: Bulldoze every mosque in this country.

Oh, and bomb Dearborn, MI.

Just reading that made me want to puke. This hits home, quite literally, as Dearborn, MI is very close to my hometown and where my grandfather grew up. Some of the absolute nicest people I know have come from Dearborn, and while it is home to many Muslims, it is not by any means a dangerous place full of extremists.

Do these people not understand that they are applying the VERY same logic that these terrorists are applying? I don't like these people, they are different than me, let's bomb them. Whoever posted this has just as much hate in their hearts as those bombers and is absolutely evil and un-Christian. What would Jesus do? Probably NOT bomb an entire city based on a generalization.

It was on the BBC News at 10 UK. But actually if you just google 'Boston chants USA USA' As I just did to try to find you a link it brings up some interesting articles.

ETA. My search engine is BT Yahoo which is British.

I found this:

It doesn't bother me. These are people who had been through a crazy week, and a day of being locked indoors. Of course, they are going to cheer the arrest!

As for the USA part - I suppose it can mean different things to different people. It's not necessarily about US military power. I imagine that these are people who just saw various levels of government working together (for a change), who saw first responders in action and ordinary citizens banding together. They would have taken these attacks personally, knowing that any of them could have been a target, or known a victim. In short, they may have seen ordinary citizens as representing "USA". I also saw cheering, but not any calls for violence.

As I've tried to explain, the vast majority of Bostonians do not see this as some sort of international event. Most of us are scoffing over the bullshit some of the media is spewing and suspect these are two local losers who became obsessed with their perceived ethnic oppression and acted out, murdering and maiming innocent people.

Interesting to hear that perspective from Boston. It was interesting even the first day they were ID'ed (Friday, when older brother was killed) to hear the contrast on NPR between the main host saying "so it was Chechen terrorists, then?" as if it's some fresh off the boat operatives, and their local host from Boston whose nephew just happened to personal long time friends with the guy and so she knew him from his childhood too, saying well, they're immigrants yeah but the younger brother in particular is socialized American, he went to public junior and high school. In fact the difference in immigration age between the brothers is the interesting part. Older brother was at an age people can get some pretty serious identity issues going on.

Just from what I've read about what is known about the incident so far, that's my suspicion too, that it's an identity crisis thing more than anything else, led by older brother who then sucked little brother in (since they were tight) and that's about it, even IF older brother imagines in his head that he's making some big blow for the Chechen (or more likely some generic "Islam") cause, even IF he managed to contact some group or "liked" some of them and read their stuff online, it all just started with them, it's a local mass murder incident (not that that's good, mind you) and all the talk of "terrorism" is just serious overkill. Even crazier are the calls to treat this guy as anything other than a criminal, people calling for him to be an "enemy combatant" - just... what?

Killing people with a bomb is not automatically terrorism. And they want to call those pressure cooker bombs WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION, which is just so utterly ludicrous there's no words. WMD was originally a euphemism for nuclear weapons. It's not pipe bombs, it's not pepper spray.

We don't know if anything is terrorism yet. Right now it's a pretty big mass murder incident, willful disregard for human life and all that maiming, plenty of evidence for that, this guy isn't going anywhere.

I consider what the brothers did a form of terrorism, just in smaller doses. They deliberately planted bombs to inspire terror into the general population. I don't know if we will ever get real answers. The lead culprit, the older brother, is dead. I would wager that the younger brother followed his older bro into all this. The younger one came to this country about the same time as me. He probably had an easier time adjusting to life in the US. The older one sounds like he had a harder time of it, and it's not unusual given his age. The older brother may have been attracted to violent and/or extremist philosophy due to this alienation....that's just my theory. However, the key now is to figure out if the brothers had any help or outside influence. This is a form of homegrown terrorism. These two brothers were not foreign nationals in the same sense the 9/11 hijackers were. They were settled in this country. Both lived here as legal residents. One grew up in this country. Like the Unabomber and school shooters, they found a need to strike back at society and did so in the most destructive way possible. I don't think this is a Muslim or Chechyna or immigration issue. Those are factors in the boy's lives, not a factor in their self-destruction----no more than Boston itself is to blame for making the boys into the men they became.

Interesting to hear that perspective from Boston. It was interesting even the first day they were ID'ed (Friday, when older brother was killed) to hear the contrast on NPR between the main host saying "so it was Chechen terrorists, then?" as if it's some fresh off the boat operatives, and their local host from Boston whose nephew just happened to personal long time friends with the guy and so she knew him from his childhood too, saying well, they're immigrants yeah but the younger brother in particular is socialized American, he went to public junior and high school. In fact the difference in immigration age between the brothers is the interesting part. Older brother was at an age people can get some pretty serious identity issues going on.

Local news outlets today are questioning whether the older brother had some sort of traumatic brain injury related to his boxing days. People who knew him say his personality changed pretty swiftly.

A co-worker of mine has a nephew who lived in the same dorm as the younger brother. They weren't friends but he knew him from dorm parties. Says he was a quiet pot-head who seemed easy going and spoke English with no accent. He just assumed his family had emigrated from some part of Russia when he was a young kid. There was no indication he was a religious fanatic of any sort.

Apparently the older brother partly raised the younger. It's my understanding both parents had returned to Russia.

I don't know if it's true or not, but there are reports he was shot through the throat which is why he cannot speak. He is expected to survive but the indications are that the authorities may not be interested in speaking to him unless he is Miranda-ized. If true, that would imply they don't think there is any broader plot.

The family across the street from us came from Russia about 10 years ago. I spoke to the husband this morning. No one is harassing them or their relatives. There have been no spontaneous uprisings against Muslims. I think everyone can relax.

Oh, and to the asshole Arkansas State Rep who tweeted this:

Picture_141_t630.png?30004eeab9fb5f824ff65e51d525728c55cf3980

fuck you.

Even though I am restating what Jennifer Juniper so eloquently addressed, Nate Bell from Arkansas can fuck right off. :pull-hair:

It doesnt matter if/when/ever they mirandize him. They don't need his statements to convict and failure to notify him of his right to "remain silent" won't have any impact on his conviction. I have no idea why the US attorney felt the need to even mention it. The true question is who questions him and where.

Also... Where is the older brother's wife and child? Surely she is being questioned but by who... And where???

It doesnt matter if/when/ever they mirandize him. They don't need his statements to convict and failure to notify him of his right to "remain silent" won't have any impact on his conviction. I have no idea why the US attorney felt the need to even mention it. The true question is who questions him and where.

Also... Where is the older brother's wife and child? Surely she is being questioned but by who... And where???

I saw something on CNN that she was questioned by the FBI on Friday and it is believed that her family will be hiding her from the media.

I saw something on CNN that she was questioned by the FBI on Friday and it is believed that her family will be hiding her from the media.

Yeah but I doubt that someone with that kind of information was given a short interview and sent on her way. Those bombs were made somewhere and she must have seen or heard something. I trust the media to accurately report as much as I trust my dog to not eat the peanut butter I left on the table.

I thought I read that the wife and child had moved back in with her parents months ago, and that she was separated from Tamerlane. She actually may not know anything about the bombings.

Nate Bell, civilians with an AR-15s would have made things much, much worse. Instead of a manhunt for one suspect, the FBI/law enforcement would have spent more time trying to keep the peace. Get a clue, asshole!

Edited: for spelling and grammar

Can anyone answer this?

Okay, they don't want to read him his rights....

So because they aren't going to do that, he doesn't HAVE those rights? Cause that sounds like a crock. Depts have been sued and cases thrown out for "forgetting".

I mean, dude grew up here. He watches tv quite a bit apparently. Unless he's out of his mind, out of his mind on pain meds, or scared pretty badly and therefore not thinking straight, he'd have a clue about that.

So.....my question is, couldn't he potentially sue the shit out if them? Especially for essentially bragging about it beforehand. Because that sounds like a really dumbassed thing to do. The letting it be known far and wide that they can get info out of him to use against him before he knows he has the right to not speak or have a lawyer just sounds like a kick in the face to law enforcement waiting to happen.

My understanding is as follows, and I have zero knowledge if it is correct or not.

1) they may be wanting to question him on charges that are more important than his prosecution--ie, bombs, more bombs, who else may be involved, etc. IF he does not have the right to be silent about these things, but they don't use the info in court against him (and they may need to or want to release info he gives them about others) then they may be willing to forego prosecuting him on some key points in return for information.

2) some instances are legally outside the rules of this--others know the cases, but it has to do with immediate risk/danger. and if there are more mad bombers ther ecould be immeidate danger

3) IF they quesiton him only on some specific things, other areas that he can and likely will be prosecuted on can go undiscussed. (They can certainly skip talking with him about shooting the person after the fact of the bombings, carjackings, etc and still prosecute on them later)

I suspect that the federal attornies involved in this are fully aware of what can and what must be done to prevent losses in any future trials--

Local news outlets today are questioning whether the older brother had some sort of traumatic brain injury related to his boxing days. People who knew him say his personality changed pretty swiftly.

A co-worker of mine has a nephew who lived in the same dorm as the younger brother. They weren't friends but he knew him from dorm parties. Says he was a quiet pot-head who seemed easy going and spoke English with no accent. He just assumed his family had emigrated from some part of Russia when he was a young kid. There was no indication he was a religious fanatic of any sort.

Apparently the older brother partly raised the younger. It's my understanding both parents had returned to Russia.

I don't know if it's true or not, but there are reports he was shot through the throat which is why he cannot speak. He is expected to survive but the indications are that the authorities may not be interested in speaking to him unless he is Miranda-ized. If true, that would imply they don't think there is any broader plot.

The family across the street from us came from Russia about 10 years ago. I spoke to the husband this morning. No one is harassing them or their relatives. There have been no spontaneous uprisings against Muslims. I think everyone can relax.

Oh, and to the asshole Arkansas State Rep who tweeted this:

Picture_141_t630.png?30004eeab9fb5f824ff65e51d525728c55cf3980

fuck you.

Boston.com ran an article on all the ways Bostonians et als would like Nate Bell to go to hell. I found it cathartic. Jackass.

http://www.boston.com/ae/radio/blog/201 ... idiot.html

Is the judge going to go to the hospital to do this? If he is in critical condition I can't imagine that he is capable of transport to a courthouse. Not to mention the security issues involved. I would think the authorities want to do everything right to ensure this guy doesn't become the Lee Harvey Oswald (shot down in police station ) of Boston after taking every precaution to capture him alive.

Yes, my understanding was that it would happen in the hospital room with witnesses.

I thought I read that the wife and child had moved back in with her parents months ago, and that she was separated from Tamerlane. She actually may not know anything about the bombings.

Despite what I thought was too much information about all this, I had not heard about the older brother's wife and child.

Despite what I thought was too much information about all this, I had not heard about the older brother's wife and child.

The family of Katherine Russell, 26, the wife of deceased Boston Marathon bombing suspect Tamerlan Tsarnaev and mother of his young child, has released a statement condemning her husband’s alleged actions, reports ABC6.com.

“Our daughter has lost her husband today, the father of her child. We can’t begin to comprehend how this horrible tragedy occurred. In the aftermath of the Patriot’s Day horror, we know that we really never know Tamerlan Tsarnaev. Our hearts are sickened by the knowledge of the horror he has inflicted.â€

It seems like the older brother might have brainwashed his younger brother & wife. If the 'friends' accounts are true & if he really did go on training trips to Dagestan.

I know that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has destroyed countless lives, but I can't help but feel a bit sorry for him. Older siblings should be the ones setting a good example, not leading them down a horrible path.

I know that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev has destroyed countless lives, but I can't help but feel a bit sorry for him. Older siblings should be the ones setting a good example, not leading them down a horrible path.

Before you start feeling too sorry for him, here's a photo of little Martin Richard and his little sister with the smirking Dzhokhar Tsarnaev just before her leg was ripped off and Martin was blown to bits.

Martin_Richard_Suspect_Bombing_Boston_Marathon-300x252.jpg

Before you start feeling too sorry for him, here's a photo of little Martin Richard and his little sister with the smirking Dzhokhar Tsarnaev just before her leg was ripped off and Martin was blown to bits.

Martin_Richard_Suspect_Bombing_Boston_Marathon-300x252.jpg

ick! :S

I guess I don't feel sorry, but I just get the feeling that more of the blame rests on the older brother.

What I have found very surprising (and heartening) is that all I have seen on FB is expressions of support for the people in Boston. At first there was fear, of course, and then sympathy, news posts about the situation and hope and prayers that they would be all right, and relief when it was over.

I didn't see one single angry rant about Muslims, or gun rights or immigration or any of that. Not one.

One person posted something comparing extremist jihadists is to Muslims as the to the Westboro Church is to Christians, and many people agreed.

I don't get the sense that people are seeing these two guys as anything other than a case of isolated evil. And the entire thing comes off as so bizarre and not like some sort of "professional" terrorist act.

Personally, I don't know which is more terrifying - that there are organized groups with a mission to destroy people, or random crazies with the means to do so - the effect is the same.

That's very interesting that the brother might have had brain damage from boxing, it would certainly explain the sudden personality change.

What I have found very surprising (and heartening) is that all I have seen on FB is expressions of support for the people in Boston. At first there was fear, of course, and then sympathy, news posts about the situation and hope and prayers that they would be all right, and relief when it was over.

I didn't see one single angry rant about Muslims, or gun rights or immigration or any of that. Not one.

This is cynical, but I think it's because they're white. I wouldn't be surprised if the response was different if they were Arab or another race.

This is cynical, but I think it's because they're white. I wouldn't be surprised if the response was different if they were Arab or another race.

I don't know, because some of these same people were the ones going on the huge rants about guns protecting people after the Newton shootings, and that guy was white. And some of the more teapartyish of my fb friends are not, themselves, white - so don't know if it is always about race.

Archived