IGNORED

Boston Explosions caused by Muslims

SpeakNow

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2013/04/the-boston-attacks/

Once again, the housewife shows off her hatred.

"America has entered an era when public events such as marathons and parades will prompt increasing uneasiness and vigilance. Regardless of who the perpetrators of this particular attack are, the main threat of such bombings comes from Muslims. New York City has foiled more than a dozen such planned attacks. There will never be enough security to prevent them all. But we can possess the will to close down mosques and politely ask — and then demand — that Muslims leave."

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all of the brownpeoplephobia these days, I sort of now want this to be some fat, white redneck fuck. Just to watch all these assholes choke on their own bile.

With all of the brownpeoplephobia these days, I sort of now want this to be some fat, white redneck fuck. Just to watch all these assholes choke on their own bile.

I'm sure they'd find some way to justify it to themselves, probably by claiming it was a false flag operation.

Then they'll just claim they were framed by teh ebil guvment.

Unfortunately, you can't fix stupid.

thinkinghousewife.com/wp/2013/04/the-boston-attacks/

Once again, the housewife shows off her hatred.

"America has entered an era when public events such as marathons and parades will prompt increasing uneasiness and vigilance. Regardless of who the perpetrators of this particular attack are, the main threat of such bombings comes from Muslims. New York City has foiled more than a dozen such planned attacks. There will never be enough security to prevent them all. But we can possess the will to close down mosques and politely ask — and then demand — that Muslims leave."

TRANSLATION: "I'm not saying Muslims did this. There's no publicly available evidence for that theory right now. But it doesn't really matter who is responsible for the bombings in Boston: Muslims are somehow to blame anyway, and so the rest of us should antagonize and persecute Muslims, then force them to leave even if that goes against everything we claim to stand for as a country, and then we can wait in peace for the next group of non-Muslim terro...wait; I don't know what the hell I'm talking about. I'm actually a demented and hateful colostomy bag of a human being who never has a kind or helpful thing to say about anyone. I, the Carping Fishwife, would like nothing better than to see people slaughter each other over differences in ideology because such actions would provide more fodder for my hateful screeds."

If we shut down the mosques then that makes we can shut down and deport people we don't agreed with. I vote we start with her.

She has never read the first amendment had she?

So she's forgotten that the horrific event in Oklahoma City was perpetrated by someone who wasn't brown or even non-American? McVeigh looked like the guy next door because he was.

I can't imagine being an Indian, Pakastani, or other person who has brown skin right now. Or a person who looks like they could be from those countries.

It sucks that someone could be so screwed up that they intentionally want to hurt/kill people, but let's not go crazy with racial profiling. It doesn't help the victims at all, and it doesn't help the rest of the human race, either.

Here's a sad thing I learned today that is tangentially relevant: Richard Jewell was not responsible for the Atlanta Olympic bombing. I remember when it happened. I had just turned 14, and I barely watched TV, but was very excited for the Summer Olympics. I remember that he had saved a bunch of people but then it turned out he didn't because he was responsible - or so I had heard from the media & my parents. Soon after the event faded from memory only coming up in Olympic years.

I say this, because everyone wants to point the finger at someone - reddit is "identifying suspects" left and right and half the people I listen to on the radio are saying it's probably someone muslim, and half are saying it's some right wing nut job. The Olympic bombing was a right wing crazy. I don't know which is more likely, but I do think it's someone acting alone. I believe that a group wold have claimed it by now, and would have been better coordinated.

So she's forgotten that the horrific event in Oklahoma City was perpetrated by someone who wasn't brown or even non-American? McVeigh looked like the guy next door because he was.

He was a regular church going Catholic.

He was a regular church going Catholic.

Just your normal, everyday, former military, gun nut Patriot.

EDIT: Forgot comma.

Just your normal, everyday, former military gun nut Patriot.

With a lack of success when it came to women. (I wiki'ed yesterday)

James Holmes, Charles Manson, and plenty of murderers have been white as well.

Oh, and the cult leader responsible for the Waco siege was also white.

Here's a sad thing I learned today that is tangentially relevant: Richard Jewell was not responsible for the Atlanta Olympic bombing. I remember when it happened. I had just turned 14, and I barely watched TV, but was very excited for the Summer Olympics. I remember that he had saved a bunch of people but then it turned out he didn't because he was responsible - or so I had heard from the media & my parents. Soon after the event faded from memory only coming up in Olympic years.

I say this, because everyone wants to point the finger at someone - reddit is "identifying suspects" left and right and half the people I listen to on the radio are saying it's probably someone muslim, and half are saying it's some right wing nut job. The Olympic bombing was a right wing crazy. I don't know which is more likely, but I do think it's someone acting alone. I believe that a group wold have claimed it by now, and would have been better coordinated.

I remember this too. The FBI trashed Mr. Jewell's life, by calling him a suspect. He was not only fired from his job, but ccouldn't get another one. When Eric Rudolph, a prolife fanatic, was arrested and charged, Jewell sued the FBI for defamation and won a substantial settlement. However, this couldn't give him back the years he had lost and he died only a couple of years later. I would guess that law enforcement is being cagey about possible suspects for now as none of them want another Richard Jewell fiasco.

James Holmes, Charles Manson, and plenty of murderers have been white as well.

Oh, and the cult leader responsible for the Waco siege was also white.

And the vast majority of the mass shooters in the US in recent decades have been white. And so are NRA members. And so are the members of Congress. Nope--we won't be getting any reasonable gun control laws any time soon.

I was waiting for someone to say out loud what's on all fundies' minds. It doesn't matter who is responsible for the Boston Marathon bombing. Every time there is a terrorist attack, fundies will instantly remind people that Muslims are everywhere and this *could* be the result of a Islamist extremist. I think this is a more popular idea than we'd like to admit (that Muslims must be responsible) and people like TTH are just bigoted enough to give voice to our darkest fear.

Does she realise that many Muslims are American citizens, and many are even white women like her?

This point came to me cause I'm reading this as I leave a large mall in Parramatta. It's school holidays, so there are mums and kids everywhere, and while my kids were playing I noticed heaps of young white women with accents that identified them as growing up in Australia, wearing hijabs and in a couple of cases veils. By the looks of most of their children they probably married Australian Muslim men of middle eastern descent.

Now I don't know, but I would guess that America has a similar demographic of convert spouses and their children. The Thinking Housewife may think that Muslims are brown people from "over there", easily identified and repatriated, but she is wrong.

Not that I think they should be repatriated, I'm just saying that Muslims aren't the alien "others" that she seems to think - they are often integrated citizens of western societies.

Slightly off topic, but has anyone else besides me been gearing up for one of ZsuZsu's conspiracy theories about the attacks? I think I saw red when she claimed the poor Newtown victims were "fake" and part of a government conspiracy.

I'm sure they'd find some way to justify it to themselves, probably by claiming it was a false flag operation.

No, they'll just pretend it didn't happen. I'm amazed by the number of people who "forgot" about Oklahoma City. It was only eighteen years ago!

I feel so sorry for the many people in metro Detroit with Southwest and South Asian roots. They got enough shit from ignorant fools before Boston. Ignorant fools who don't know the slightest thing about their own "religion," let alone somebody else's. Ignorant fools who believe whatever their bigot friends and Faux News and the Tea Party say.

The people (person?) who planted the bombs was an asshole, not a Muslim/Jew/insert other label here.

I'm only using asshole because I can't think of a stronger word. I was working yesterday, and on tv they said an 8 year old died. A fuckin 8 hear old. I just stood there staring at the tv (a major no no at work, so not something I usually do) and started crying. Customers looked at me like I was nuts.

Archived