IGNORED

Boston Explosions caused by Muslims

SpeakNow

This reminds me, there is a very good (indian) movie called "My name is Khan" about muslims, hindus and christians in America and dealing with the fallout of 9/11. I'll admit that it is very indian-styled over the top, but nevertheless a good view. It's basically about a muslim American who suffers from muslimophobia after 9/11 and goes on a journey to tell the president that "his name is Khan, and he's not a terrorist". It also deals with different muslim groups, some good, some bad, interreligious marriage, traditional views and tradition vs public image.

I watched that same movie a year ago and I found it interesting. Just wanted to add my 2 cents in and was all excited someone else had seen the movie as well. :)

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did not call him a Chechen rebel. From the descriptions of him, I suspect the younger one was a follower of the older.

However, there is ample evidence out there that the older brother was very concerned with Chechnya's battle for independence, and as I said, Chechnya has been a hotbed of terrorism against Russia specifically. But what better way to bring US attention to the cause?

I didn't suggest that you did. That's what I think. ME. I don't think of American teenagers raised in the US as any kind of Middle Eastern terrorists or Israeli terrorists or Sandinistas or any other brand of international 'rebel' or terrorist. It's rather stunning to me. Based on my world view. Me. My world view. Not yours.

There's a point there, if you want to see it.

I didn't suggest that you did. That's what I think. ME. I don't think of American teenagers raised in the US as any kind of Middle Eastern terrorists or Israeli terrorists or Sandinistas or any other brand of international 'rebel' or terrorist. It's rather stunning to me. Based on my world view. Me. My world view. Not yours.

There's a point there, if you want to see it.

I, I, Me, Me, Mine.

Going on ignore, so I guess I never will see it.

:roll: Watch out, s/he's a real intellectual. :roll:

Fuck you.

You'll refuse to see it, of course, and won't self-correct. The point was to "qualify" (just like it says) that my statement has some real thought behind it. There may be "crazy" and "brutal" Native American terrorist groups out there somewhere, but I have never ever heard or seen evidence of such, anywhere on planet Earth.

But apparently YOU have.

I watched that same movie a year ago and I found it interesting. Just wanted to add my 2 cents in and was all excited someone else had seen the movie as well. :)

It's so nice to find other people who have seen this movie. I agree, it was well-done and had a very good message.

I would also be worried about fallout towards Central Asians or Russians, because let's face it, people who make that kind of knee-jerk assumption aren't likely to try to learn about the diversity and historical background in the region. Some might not even be as quick to make the Muslim connection.

Anyone is capable of doing stuff like this. We shouldn't be so quick to blame, and remember that three people died and hundreds were injured.

:roll: Watch out, s/he's a real intellectual. :roll:

You'd have to be pretty fucking intellectual to use "passported" as a modifier. I can't stop laughing. No pretentious pseudo-intellectual douchebag like an Internet pretentious pseudo- intellectual douchebag.

Fuck you.

You'll refuse to see it, of course, and won't self-correct. The point was to "qualify" (just like it says) that my statement has some real thought behind it. There may be "crazy" and "brutal" Native American terrorist groups out there somewhere, but I have never ever heard or seen evidence of such, anywhere on planet Earth.

But apparently YOU have.

My ONLY point was you cannot and should not judge a group, any group be it racial or what have you, by the actions of a few. In no way was I saying Chechens and Native Americans have a history that is similar. However, now that you bring it up... reservations ARE, in a least some cases if not all, sovereign nations. Native America, if you will.

Qualifier: I have a passport too, issued by my tribal government. 'Cha!

You'd have to be pretty fucking intellectual to use "passported" as a modifier. I can't stop laughing. No pretentious pseudo-intellectual douchebag like an Internet pretentious pseudo- intellectual douchebag.

I have never seen or heard of Native Americans being responsible for brutal crazy action; riots, demonstrations, bombings, attacks of any nature, and know of no philosophical, religious or political agenda.

I'm interested. Please enlighten me.

What have you seen?

I have never seen or heard of Native Americans being responsible for brutal crazy action; riots, demonstrations, bombings, attacks of any nature, and know of no philosophical, religious or political agenda.

What have you seen?

Why the laser point focus on native americans? Other groups were mentioned, as well.

I hate to say this lest you start stereotyping NAs like you did Chechens, but... really? You know of NO riots, demonstrations etc. by native groups? None at all? My dear, you aren't as well read and aware as you think you are. Google is your friend. Let's see, see... start with Alcatraz, American Indian Movement, NYS Thruway protests, Pine Ridge goons...

I'm not sure it's fair to say Chechens are any more brutal or crazy than any other group - Catholics, Native Americans, Blacks etc.

Qualifier: I have a passport too, issued by my tribal government. 'Cha!

BWAAAAHHHAAAAAAA! :cracking-up: ...eehhhh....

...funny, enit...

I hate to say this lest you start stereotyping NAs like you did Chechens, but... really? You know of NO riots, demonstrations etc. by native groups? None at all? My dear, you aren't as well read and aware as you think you are. Google is your friend. Let's see, see... start with Alcatraz, American Indian Movement, NYS Thruway protests, Pine Ridge goons...

Are you serious?

No, I get it now. You have enlightened me. You equate this stuff with extreme Islamic terrorism. Okay.

Sure. If you were going to say that.

Chechnya is a republic of Russia. There are ethnic Chechens and then there are citizens of the republic of Chechnya. Russian, Armenian, etc.

You can compare Native Americans to Chechens when there is a Native America in the United States and Canada.

Or are you comparing Chechnya to Nunavut?

Either way - I have never seen or heard of Native Americans being responsible for brutal crazy action; riots, demonstrations, bombings, attacks of any nature, and know of no philosophical, religious or political agenda.

Qualifier: I have a sound knowledge base, educated, articulate, traveled. I have varying degrees of broad familiarity with global affairs and international politics. I have been passported since I was an infant, and not because of the military. I am exposed to, and seek out, many sources of information, news, books, etc. I possess a high level of critical thinking skill and sound cognitive analysis.

I intentionally limit my exposure to puerile and plebeian propaganda like The Duggars and have zero interest in titillating sensationalist nonsense like the Kardashians, Paris Hilton and Ivanka Trump.

Using various colors, underlining, bolding, enlarging things doesn't help your case. It just makes your posts harder to read.

Native Americans are an ethnic group, they lived in America prior to the colonization by Europe. The initial statement was giving examples of various groups of people. That's all. No comparison.

What is the purpose of your "qualifier" other than to tell us how much better you think you are than us?

Using various colors, underlining, bolding, enlarging things doesn't help your case. It just makes your posts harder to read.

Native Americans are an ethnic group, they lived in America prior to the colonization by Europe. The initial statement was giving examples of various groups of people. That's all. No comparison.

What is the purpose of your "qualifier" other than to tell us how much better you think you are than us?

I dunno. I didn't want you to think I was a dumb reservation Native?

You can compare Native Americans to Chechens when there is a Native America in the United States and Canada.

Better?

Twitter? Seriously!? Dude has been fucking TWEETING since blowing people up and running from the police/etc? What the fuckity fuck?

I am completely flabbergasted by all of this, beginning with the original bombing, but how 19yo can just evade THAT MANY LEOs while robbing, carjacking and Tweeting. I truly have no words for this. :o And I hope to God -cause that's about all I personally can do-no one else gets hurt in the process.

Edited cause I finished a sentence and fixed the smiley that posted incorrectly

There's a few possibilities:

1. He is dead and can't be found

2. Someone is helping him and he's hiding in a basement

3. He's escaped and went somewhere else

He ran over his own brother while he was still alive in an effort to set off a bomb that brother had strapped to his body. Sick.

He ran over his own brother while he was still alive in an effort to set off a bomb that brother had strapped to his body. Sick.

I'd seen that he ran over his brother but not that his brother was still alive at the time. Obviously he was kind of beyond being if any help to big bro by that point but...wow.

And none of those possibilities would be a surprise. My surprise was that they HAD stayed locally. Of course it could've been to bask in the attention their work got beside attempting to cause more destruction. :(

I dunno. I didn't want you to think I was a dumb reservation Native?

Better?

No, considerably worse. Nothing speaks more to "various degrees of broad familiarity" (?!) than dimwitted bigoted crap like "dumb reservation Native". Instead you've substituted pretension and completely misplaced feelings of superiority.

Anyone is capable of doing stuff like this. We shouldn't be so quick to blame, and remember that three people died and hundreds were injured.

That is such a ridiculous statement. Do you, personally, feel you could plant a bomb aimed at causing maximum damage to civilians at a sporting event?

The thought is that the cops think someone is hiding him in Watertown. They have a large section locked down and are going door to door.

A co-worker here has a nephew who lives in the same dorm as the perp, more than an hour away from Boston in Dartmouth. They've shut down the school and evacuated all students from classrooms and dorms.

There's no chance of him getting away.

That is such a ridiculous statement. Do you, personally, feel you could plant a bomb aimed at causing maximum damage to civilians at a sporting event?

Me personally? no, because I am not like that. But there are those who can, and do, and it can be anyone. My point is that we shouldn't focus on religion or what they look like. Why do any of those things matter? If it was a Christian or a Muslim, is that important? No. What is important is that the person is a sick individual.

Are you serious?

No, I get it now. You have enlightened me. You equate this stuff with extreme Islamic terrorism. Okay.

Tell us again about your superior reasoning skills. I'm still not convinced. Your intellect too, while youre at it, because you don't seem to understand how the above are examples of protests, demonstrations, violence and even riots. They are not examples of how Islamic extremists are kissing cousins to Native Americans. :roll:

And reservations that are sovereign nations do not qualify as a mythical land called "Native America" because why?

Archived