IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars Do Part 2

happy atheist

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really? :orly: Oops. Thanks for correcting me.

ETA: Looked it up and learned that mid-wahy-fuh-ree is acceptable too, although mid-wif-uh-ree is more common. You learn something new every day...

Normally spelt Eithne - Scottish name so imagine it with the appropriate accent. It's a name I considered for my daughter. I think it's beautiful. Very femimine to my ear.

At first I thought they meant the name to be "Bethany" without the "B"sound. :doh:

Free Jinger is an educational experience.

I was taken aback by Joy's speech impediment/ thick accent/ mush mouth in the video tours on the Duggarblog, of the laundry and music room. she was damn near unintelligible at times. I don't remember her being so hard to understand when she was younger.

I admit, I find Josie adorable, because she looks like my younger son, who is not quite 2.

Jana did seem like a fifth wheel at that birth, but I suppose she has to tag along so Jill isn't defraudingly driving a car alone or speaking to a patient's husband unattended.

Does anyone have links to Youtube for the last couple of episodes? My PVR has been really flaky lately and decided not to record any Duggars ever again.

It obviously has better taste than I do.

"Midwiffery" is how midwifery is pronounced.

Yeah, I heard it pronounced that way on "Call the Midwife" which airs Sunday nights on PBS. It would be a good program for Jill and Jana to watch, but I'm sure their parents wouldn't allow it. (Rolling my eyes.)

I would pronounce it Sir-shuh, but allowing for differences in accent, the way you say it is fine.

Oh, and to the person asking about StJohn....sinjin is the English pronunciation, I think. It's quite old-fashioned, though and I'm not sure when it got changed to Saint John.

I love names!

The sinjun pronouncation comes about because the person isn't actually a saint. Sinclair is a fairly common last name in which this rule is preserved. St. John is not commonly used. The two examples I can think of are St. John Rivers in Jane Eyre and a character in four weddings and a funeral.

Yup! You can hear the pronunciation here: http://www.forvo.com/word/myfanwy/#cy . It's also the title of a song:

I mean I get that these names are hard to pronounce if you aren't familiar with the phonetics of the language they come from. But if you're naming a child, surely you'd want to do the research before committing to something permanent? No? Just me then.

(I've seen Siobhan anglicized as Shevonne. Not as pretty to look at, but at least the average non-irish person will be able to work out the pronunciation.)

Oh, oh, I can do this one as it's one of my names. The answer is the same as with all Welsh names ... you pronounce it exactly as it is spelt. Sorry, Welsh humour there that probably no one else understands. Welsh is a wonderful language where every word is pronounced exactly as it is spelt. The problem comes when non-Welsh speakers try to pronounce any Welsh words as there always seem to be too many consonants and not enough vowels. (I'm not Welsh and have never been there but I have a Welsh grandfather who made sure all his grandkids understood the basics of the language.)

Anyway Myfanwy: M - van - wee. My Welsh grandfather always just says to pronounce it My-fan-wy which sounds right when he says it but I find Australians then put far too much emphasis on the first "y" if you tell them that.

Re the Keurig coffee machine and cups;

I assumed these were given to them by the company as a sponsorship thing, the same as Anna's Baby Bullet. There are much cheaper products on the market that do the same thing so I can't imagine Jim Bob or Josh buying the branded one.

The sinjun pronouncation comes about because the person isn't actually a saint. Sinclair is a fairly common last name in which this rule is preserved. St. John is not commonly used. The two examples I can think of are St. John Rivers in Jane Eyre and a character in four weddings and a funeral.

Season 2 of Mad Men had English ad exec St John Powell played by Charles Shaughnessy. Putnam, Powell, and Lowe temporarily bought out/merged with Sterling Cooper. Eventually Sterling Cooper set up their own agency Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce.

So I felt compelled by the LORD to look into heather and Alden Napier a bit more. In order to do that, I first had to rewatch the segment where Jill is having verbal diarrhea.

A midwife is someone who takes care of women prenatally and during labor and birth and then postpartum. Its personalized care so its similar to what an OB would give, as far as the professional side of things, but we are able to give to really get to know out clients and get to get to know them throughout their pregnancy and really develop into friendship I think.

So, I believe in her own way, she's calling out OBs as being unable to get to know their clients during theirfriendship

pregnancy.

During labor Jessa says that they are praising god, praying together, and sometimes singing. Heather says

Just the desire for medicine at this point. I would love for the pain to be taken away but but I'm trying to remember that thats something that our father does as well so...

Jill returns to spewing the party line shit...

SO, back to the Napiers

The were married in or around 2006 and work for camp "war eagle."

cwefitbits.blogspot.com/2006/06/2nd-session-begins.html

Apparently they can sing/play instruments.

campwareagle.org

Camp War Eagle is a Christian, sports, adventure and recreation summer camp for boys and girls ages 7 to 17 from Benton, Washington, Carroll and Madison counties in northwest Arkansas. Located on the shores of beautiful Beaver Lake, Camp War Eagle is the place for children from Northwest Arkansas to have the time of their lives and gain a greater appreciation for God, themselves and others. The children returning home will then positively affect their families and the communities of Northwest Arkansas.

Modest swimwear required!

*NOT ALLOWED: All profane shirts, including shirts that advertise or promote violence or alcohol/tobacco products, and other inappropriate shirts

are not allowed. Teenaged girls must not bring backless shirts. Nor should they bring halter-tops or tank tops that are too low cut, too tight or

expose the midriff.

campwareagle.org/sites/default/files/Camp_Information_Sheet_2013.pdf

Additional clothing should be considered for "nightly" events:

1. Western cowboy or cowgirl attire

2. Fatigue shirt or camouflage for “Mission Impossibleâ€

3. Patriotic red, white and/or blue clothes

4. Christmas holiday attire

5. “Hip†clothes

6. Nautical, bright or beachwear

7. Favorite creative costume (14 day sessions only)

8. Your choice of attire from a favorite decade, 50’s to futuristic (14 day sessions only)

9. Sportswear and/or swimwear (14 day sessions only)

10. Pink, ultra girly clothing for “Girl’s Night Out†- No special clothing for “Guy’s Night Out†(14 day sessions only)

11. Neon, futuristic attire (14 day sessions only)

Now, more about our guest stars...

eanapier.wix.com/napieradoption

lovecompelsus.com/home

Not much info and nothing on the blog... but their baby registry...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/regis ... mp-1090-20

We are so grateful that you are joining us on this journey. Since our adoption from Uganda Africa will be occurring as early as this spring we appreciate your prayers and giving in preparation for our 2 joyful additions to our family. May Jesus bless you and keep you!

So, Heather and Alden Napier are either adopting twins from Uganda or just had their own baby (4 months old or so now) and are also adopting an infant? This is pretty messed up.

Back to the original question... WHY WOULD YOU GIVE BIRTH ON 19KAC? My guess? To get people to google them and plug their camp. I predict a few duggarlings will be dipping toes in beaver lake this summer, in modest swimwear, of course.

If they were planning a future international adoption at the time of the birth, they probably needed the TLC $$$$ for the fees, travel, etc.

Christmas holiday attire? For a summer camp? A camp where you are required to bring "Western" clothes for a night event sounds like my idea of a nightmare. Then again, I was in the artsy unit where we wore all-black to camp events and snapped our fingers instead of clapped.

Oh, and to the person asking about StJohn....sinjin is the English pronunciation, I think. It's quite old-fashioned, though and I'm not sure when it got changed to Saint John.

I love names!

I think part of it's just accent. I've noticed on some British shows that "Saint" sometimes isn't pronounced with the long-A sound, but sounds more like "sint" than "saynt". At least when Dame Judi talks, anyway. I'll have to pay closer attention to Doctor Who and see if it comes up there. But anyway, it would sound more like Sint-John, and then somehow John sounds like Jin.

I assumed these were given to them by the company as a sponsorship thing, the same as Anna's Baby Bullet. There are much cheaper products on the market that do the same thing so I can't imagine Jim Bob or Josh buying the branded one.

My thoughts exactly. I am thinking Keurig gave them the machine and a shit load of free cups. Possibly a "lifetime" supply. No way the Boob spent his own money on this.

(I've seen Siobhan anglicized as Shevonne. Not as pretty to look at, but at least the average non-irish person will be able to work out the pronunciation.)

I'm kind of surprised by this, as I've always thought of Siobhan as being a pretty well-known name outside of Celtic countries (I've met at least two Siobhans in North America). That's why I found it so ridiculous that someone in Scotland didn't know how to pronounce it.

Additional clothing should be considered for "nightly" events:

They come prepared for particular dress-up themes? Half the fun of dressing up at camp is trying to cobble together an outfit from what you brought and what you can borrow.

I didn't think if that. Good point.

With all those theme clothing requirements, Camp War Eagle sounds like a cross between a summer camp & a Toddlers and Tiaras pageant.

And Christmas holiday attire in the summer? What the f***?

With all those theme clothing requirements, Camp War Eagle sounds like a cross between a summer camp & a Toddlers and Tiaras pageant.

And Christmas holiday attire in the summer? What the f***?

What actually constitutes "christmas holiday attire?" Does one dress in biblical clothes or sweaters with christmas trees on it?

I presumed Christmas sweaters and santa hats or reindeer antlers? Santa outfit? Dress up as a character from the Christmas story?

Oh? That makes sense, thanks for explaining!

And lol, I was thinking of the character in Jane Eyre when I wrote the above!

I didn't think if that. Good point.

I think it was a paid placement. they didn't blur out the brand name. anybody remember kate gosselin's juicy juice, with the label up front and prominent while it sat on the table, then her warehouse of juicy juice in the basement?

The name Camp War Eagle sounds like it should be something for Auburn University fans and not a camp for christian fundamentalists.

"The name Camp War Eagle sounds like it should be something for Auburn University fans and not a camp for christian fundamentalists."

I think that harkens back to the days (long, long ago) when camps had pretend Native American names. Which is about the era these people are stuck in. Given the list of clothing items suggested, it sounds like the activities are best suited to kids ages 4-8, not teenagers.

Archived