IGNORED

19 Kids and Counting 2013 - The Duggars Do Part 2

happy atheist

My thoughts exactly. I am thinking Keurig gave them the machine and a shit load of free cups. Possibly a "lifetime" supply. No way the Boob spent his own money on this.

Maybe this is what Jill gets 'paid' for being on the show. ;)

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Soooo the last time I commented in this thread I said I was happy to get these full recaps here and all the subsequent snark without having to watch them myself not having cable, but I thought that meant I would just be behind on them going online. Whoever was putting them on Youtube - where are they? I feel so disconnected from the conversation not actually watching them, especially when I know there's a Davilla appearance and Jinger being cracked out on caffeine!

"The name Camp War Eagle sounds like it should be something for Auburn University fans and not a camp for christian fundamentalists."

Actually, Camp War Eagle is freshman orientation at Auburn University. A friend's daughter attended last year. This is the first I have heard of it in reference to something other than that.

Buzzard wrote:

Back to the original question... WHY WOULD YOU GIVE BIRTH ON 19KAC? My guess? To get people to google them and plug their camp. I predict a few duggarlings will be dipping toes in beaver lake this summer, in modest swimwear, of course.

Maybe they were paid a lot. I think the central theme of the show, namely more and more children, has to be maintained or people will really stop watching. So Anna's pregnancies and births get a ton of attention, Priscilla visits while pregnant (and I doubt we've seen the last of the Wallers), there's talk of adoption, Jill and Jana decide to help deliver babies, they're shown helping to deliver a baby, etc. The show would get great mileage from one of the older girls marrying and getting pregnant but it would require a very accommodating headship, especially if they want to keep all 19 children nearby.

Forgot to mention that I was going to turn these episodes into a drinking game, maybe take a sip every time someone said "ministry," but I forgot and just took a drink whenever the urge struck...which was a lot. :obscene-drinkingchug:

Maybe next week I'll drink every time someone says "midwiffery." :angry-banghead:

I like to use "precious" and "blessing" as my game buzzwords. :P

Does anyone know what happened to poor Johannah? These are stills from episode 9.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2zqvcm1.jpg

http://i37.tinypic.com/143jh44.jpg

http://i38.tinypic.com/2jccz88.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2n06k9s.jpg

Edit: changed pictures to links.

Ouch, poor kid :(

I suppose we will never know, cause I imagine Michelle is too busy doing nothing to care if one of her kids falls over or to supervise them properly.

Ouch, poor kid :(

I suppose we will never know, cause I imagine Michelle is too busy doing nothing to care if one of her kids falls over or to supervise them properly.

Something was wrong with her face during a couple of the THs last week, but they must have been filmed after this episode because it looks much worse here. It could be some type of severe allergic reaction rather than an injury, but if they're going to show her in this episode they're going to have to exploit explain the event.

My favourite was a woman who pronounced Myfanwy to rhyme with Tiffany

This is making me laugh. 'Miffany'.

This is making me laugh. 'Miffany'.

That should totally be Josh & Anna's next girl name.

I predict a few duggarlings will be dipping toes in beaver lake this summer

I snickered at that because I'm 12.

I bet some of the older Duggarling boys would love to dip their toes (among other things) in Beaver Lake! ;)

I bet some of the older Duggarling boys would love to dip their toes (among other things) in Beaver Lake!

I'm sorry, I don't get the joke. What am I missing?

I'm sorry, I don't get the joke. What am I missing?

The word Beaver is sometimes used as slang for vagina.

The word Beaver is sometimes used as slang for vagina.

Well, that's interesting. I live in Oregon. We're known as the Beaver State.

Something was wrong with her face during a couple of the THs last week, but they must have been filmed after this episode because it looks much worse here. It could be some type of severe allergic reaction rather than an injury, but if they're going to show her in this episode they're going to have to exploit explain the event.

She looks as if someone has beaten her.

Im guessing more fighting with siblings or a fall, theyre completely unsupervised and Hannie and her brothers are very wild. Even if Michelle and Jimbob are abusive, they wouldnt hit one of their kids in the face when they know it wont be healed before theyre on camera.

Im guessing more fighting with siblings or a fall, theyre completely unsupervised and Hannie and her brothers are very wild. Even if Michelle and Jimbob are abusive, they wouldnt hit one of their kids in the face when they know it wont be healed before theyre on camera.

That's not the result of rough play with siblings. If its not from a fall/ accident, someone with significant upper body strength has punched her in the face multiple times.

That said, its likely from an accident. My six year old was walking round with a black eye that swelled shut a few weeks ago from banging heads with a classmate.

Can someone please please post these episodes online?

Yeah, it looks like she's had a beating. Hopefully, it is just an allergic reaction or a minor accident.

First thing my husband said when he saw the close up pic was "someone beat the crap outta her, what happened". I didn't tell him who it was until he'd seen the picture. Our oldest daughter suffers from allergic reactions so various things like dogs, cats, and perfumes that make her eyes swell up like she's gotten black eyes and the thing that strikes me about this picture is that if Johanna had an allergic reaction it would be both eyes. Our oldest doesn't just have one eye swell up. The other thing that strikes me is that if it was a fall why is she scraped up on her right check and jaw but the left eye is almost swollen shut? If she'd had a fall and gotten that banged up on the cheek why wouldn't the other eye be swelled up as well. It really looks more to me like someone hit her :cry: I sure hope she's okay...

My brother gets reactions like that if he touches something he is allergic to then rubs his eye. Would it be possible Hannie just got in the Poison Ivy we know is on their property, then rubbed her eye? (Genuine question as I have never seen Poison Ivy and don't know what a typical reaction is.)

My brother gets reactions like that if he touches something he is allergic to then rubs his eye. Would it be possible Hannie just got in the Poison Ivy we know is on their property, then rubbed her eye? (Genuine question as I have never seen Poison Ivy and don't know what a typical reaction is.)

It's possible. They have poison ivy on the compound, it can be active all year, and someone said once most of the kids were severely allergic. It's not unusual for one eye to be more affected than the other. See this guy here http://www.poison-ivy.org/rash/source/8.htm

With that said, it's still parental negligence. Michelle and Jim Bob know the kids are allergic and yet they remain unsupervised in the areas where it exists. And it's not like they don't have acres of land with no living plants on it :angry-banghead:

It's possible. They have poison ivy on the compound, it can be active all year, and someone said once most of the kids were severely allergic. It's not unusual for one eye to be more affected than the other. See this guy here http://www.poison-ivy.org/rash/source/8.htm

With that said, it's still parental negligence. Michelle and Jim Bob know the kids are allergic and yet they remain unsupervised in the areas where it exists. And it's not like they don't have acres of land with no living plants on it :angry-banghead:

Or they could get rid of the poison ivy. Isn't that what most parents would do?

Or they could get rid of the poison ivy. Isn't that what most parents would do?

Get a small herd of goats to eat it and lower their milk bills. Eventually, they could use the fertilizer for an orchard and /end dream.

Archived