IGNORED

Aubrey @ This Blessed Life

Wolfie

This one confuses me. She seems to be pretty cool with letting others believe what they believe, yet she's been involved in blog hops with Life in a Shoe. She has a 21 year old, who is on her own, and a 14 year old, then has 4 children with her current husband. She seems to be a hippie, until you see the blogroll and the occasional comment about the curriculm she uses with her children, as well as the fact that she went to Idaho. (She's from the SF bay area, I'd think a hippie would go to northern CA or Oregon to homestead.)

thisblessedlife-aubrey.blogspot.com/

I've heard that a lot of Californians are going to Idaho. We moved to California two years ago, and I still can't get over how expensive it is to live here, and how insane the crowding is. I imagine those factors could make homesteading difficult. Personally, I can't wait to go back home, where I can breathe again. :D

This one confuses me. She seems to be pretty cool with letting others believe what they believe, yet she's been involved in blog hops with Life in a Shoe. She has a 21 year old, who is on her own, and a 14 year old, then has 4 children with her current husband. She seems to be a hippie, until you see the blogroll and the occasional comment about the curriculm she uses with her children, as well as the fact that she went to Idaho. (She's from the SF bay area, I'd think a hippie would go to northern CA or Oregon to homestead.)

thisblessedlife-aubrey.blogspot.com/

Dang, I read that as, "and a 14 year old who has 4 children with her current husband..."

Oh Lordy it must be time to have my eyes checked again.

Personally, I can't wait to go back home, where I can breathe again. :D

I can't breathe here in CA. But it's allergies, not overcrowding (I live in one of the less populated counties, though it's close enough to the capitol and bay area for day trips). I couldn't breathe in rural Kansas for the same reasons.

But I do find the choice of Idaho odd. Most of the people who move there from CA are the ones who insist that we're going to hell in a handbasket, not the hippie types. My county actually has hippies from all over the US who have moved here to homestead.

I actually know her from way back, on another message board. She had her first at 16, later married and had another, divorced and now has 4 (+1 on the way) with current hubby. They met in SF, moved to Oregon, got involved in the modern back to the land movement and recently moved to Idaho. The alliance with fundies is really pretty new(like just before they left Oregon). Every time I read her blog now I see more of it and think "Oh lordy, they're really getting to her." I think the fact that she has a lot of kids and enjoys having them, homeschools, stays at home, etc. has put her in contact with a lot of fundies in the same vein and slowly but surely they've convinced her she needs some good-old-fashioned Jesus in her life. That's my read on it anyway. From what I knew of her before, she was pretty cool. I hope they don't completely suck her in :?

I actually know her from way back, on another message board. She had her first at 16, later married and had another, divorced and now has 4 (+1 on the way) with current hubby. They met in SF, moved to Oregon, got involved in the modern back to the land movement and recently moved to Idaho. The alliance with fundies is really pretty new(like just before they left Oregon). Every time I read her blog now I see more of it and think "Oh lordy, they're really getting to her." I think the fact that she has a lot of kids and enjoys having them, homeschools, stays at home, etc. has put her in contact with a lot of fundies in the same vein and slowly but surely they've convinced her she needs some good-old-fashioned Jesus in her life. That's my read on it anyway. From what I knew of her before, she was pretty cool. I hope they don't completely suck her in :?

Same here.

I actually like her, and don't really see any real fundie signs apart from the homeschooling/birthing/homesteading ones.

She seems more honest and down to earth than many bloggers in the same vein.

Same here.

I actually like her, and don't really see any real fundie signs apart from the homeschooling/birthing/homesteading ones.

She seems more honest and down to earth than many bloggers in the same vein.

Homeschooling/homebirthing/homesteading isn't what tipped me off- it was the curriculum she's using in homeschooling, the bloggers she's linked to/worked with, ect. I really hope that she realizes what is going on before they suck her in too far.

(I live in a hippie area, and in my errands today, I saw a few "my baby was born at home" stickers that were on cars that also had "peace" "save the whatever" and homeschooling type stickers on it. Those things are things shared in common with both hippies and fundies.)

When I first saw her pic I thought she looks like she woul fit in well in Portland(Or)."Then I started reading(I havn't read her log before),and at first she came off very much like a certain steriotype of native Portlanders-the whole "doing it my way"combined with "living free",where homeschooling is as laid back as the rest of life.She seemed to really hate it here though.A little more than halfway through the one post I was feeling pretty defensive of Portland...it's not that bad.The sun is out right now.:-)

The hippie types, or the ones with more money than sense, come up here to Blaine County. I love it here probably because it is not like the rest of Idaho, it's pretty California. I'm starting to think that unless you were born here there is some local law that you must have lived in California at some point in your life.

Oh, and the mountains? They make up for a lot of stoopid. And there's a lot of stoopid to be had in Idaho. But it's freaking beautiful.

Archived