IGNORED

Tabby's back...but without hubby

SheWhoIsObeyed

plaintorahkeeper.blogspot.com

Hope I get this right, as in breaking the link, etc., as its my first topic post, but Tabby has posted again for the first time in months. She has a new computer, but is using the library wifi and she has a new home WITHOUT hubby. She promises to write more when she gets Internet at new place.

Hmmmmm.....

At least I'm glad to see she's okay.

I was just thinking about her yesterday for some reason. She might have a new computer but her page still takes forever to load. I wonder how long it will be before she realises the evil lesbian abortionists are on her tail again. :lol:

The way she words it makes me think that it's NOT a health issue. She would have shared that and asked for prayers. No this is something else entirely.

My gateway fundie! She hasn't posted in ages. I actually contemplated sending her my old laptop since she wrote that she no longer has a functioning computer.

Her husband had a lot of medical issues, I think. She didn't mention anything in her last couple of posts, but it's been months since she's been around.

Off to check out her site now. Thanks for the heads-up!

Hmm.. Interesting that her husband isn't living with her. If I'm remembering right her husband had that condition where his organs are reversed or mirrored from their normal positions in the body. I'm blanking on the name of the disease but I'm sure he had it. I agree with the poster above...there is no way Tabby wouldn't be asking for prayers if he was ill and in the hospital.

ETA: In her About Me on her blog there is no mention of her husband.

"I live in Missouri with my 5 children ages 21, 20, 18, 16,14, and my two grand children....."

Is it crazy that I am a little sad for her? She doesn't seem to have the same blind hatred for her children that many of the other fundie bloggers have. When she speaks of them it's with love and you can tell that she's proud of them (even the ones that aren't towing the party line). Anyway, I truly hope the best for her....

She’s always seemed kind of sweet. Befuddled, but sweet. Hope she’s okay.

Anyone care to help me speculate why her husband has disappeared? Wouldn't she have mentioned it if he'd passed away or was in 24/7 care? Is a divorce or separation a viable option here?

Anyone care to help me speculate why her husband has disappeared? Wouldn't she have mentioned it if he'd passed away or was in 24/7 care? Is a divorce or separation a viable option here?

IDK, I'm kind of shocked. I got the feeling that they'd been together forever and a day, but I guess you never know. These fundie women are so schooled in keeping sweet I guess you wouldn't know they were having problems...

Okay so I'm going there. Honestly, the first thing that came to my mind....remember that she was 13 when she married and he was an adult....I just can't help but worry that there's something going on with him.

I was married to a pedophile that molested both my children. It's not all that far fetched.

God I hope that's not the case. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

And I do like her. Yes she is pretty snark worthy but she's genuine. She's had a very difficult life and she stays positive and she does love her kids unconditionally.

I didn't catch the update on her though. There are now TWO grandchildren?

I didn't catch the update on her though. There are now TWO grandchildren?

I wonder if it was the daughter that recently got married...or the son that already has a kid

Like I said, she does seem to truly love her kids. They aren't going along with her fundie bullshit either, but she's there for them anyway. Not a trait you often find in fundieville. Who knows, maybe she will find her way out...

Okay so I'm going there. Honestly, the first thing that came to my mind....remember that she was 13 when she married and he was an adult....I just can't help but worry that there's something going on with him.

I was married to a pedophile that molested both my children. It's not all that far fetched.

God I hope that's not the case. I wouldn't wish that on anyone.

And I do like her. Yes she is pretty snark worthy but she's genuine. She's had a very difficult life and she stays positive and she does love her kids unconditionally.

OMG 13 and marrying an adult?????? Thats disgusting and wrong.

He is definetly a pedophile, as he slept with a 13 year old, hope he left his own children alone.

But who will Tabby eat her Passover Triscuits with now?!?

My best guess is that her husband died and she didn't want to go into it in a short post, but then why be so cryptic about it?

Is it crazy that I am a little sad for her? She doesn't seem to have the same blind hatred for her children that many of the other fundie bloggers have. When she speaks of them it's with love and you can tell that she's proud of them (even the ones that aren't towing the party line). Anyway, I truly hope the best for her....

I feel a bit sad for her too.

IDK, I'm kind of shocked. I got the feeling that they'd been together forever and a day, but I guess you never know. These fundie women are so schooled in keeping sweet I guess you wouldn't know they were having problems...

I am inclined to think that if he was in the hospital or died, she would have mentioned it, asking for prayers. Seeing how cryptic this is, I am think that something else happened. Divorce or separation might not seem like a viable option for her but IIRC he was not on the faux jew mennonite bandwagon, so he might view his options differently.

Her husband was very, very sick... so I guess he might be dead :(

I have mixed feelings about her, she seemed very narrow-minded like our average fundy, but I felt so sad for her when I first saw the picture of her and the 5 children when she was about 19, looking 14, living in what looked like a trashy RV in her MIL backyard...

He's not dead. I'd bet the farm on it. Her post was too cryptic. She would have said he died. She says its just her and the kids and they have a new place now. No, there's more to this .....

Hmm.. Interesting that her husband isn't living with her. If I'm remembering right her husband had that condition where his organs are reversed or mirrored from their normal positions in the body. I'm blanking on the name of the disease but I'm sure he had it. I agree with the poster above...there is no way Tabby wouldn't be asking for prayers if he was ill and in the hospital.

ETA: In her About Me on her blog there is no mention of her husband.

"I live in Missouri with my 5 children ages 21, 20, 18, 16,14, and my two grand children....."

Dextrocardia, or to be more precise, dextrocardia situs invertus totalis, according to wikipedia :) Did his health problems stem from that? I know he had surgery at one point

plaintorahkeeper.blogspot.com.au/2011/11/pictures-from-rogers-surgery.html

but no mention of what it was for...

She has pleurisy and fibromyalgia, too :( I know she believes some awful stuff but I do feel sorry for her. She was married at what, 13? to an adult, had so little education, has endured a lot of physical pain... and yet she doesn't talk shit about her kids who don't follow her ways, she doesn't talk shit about her granddaughter's mother, she loves her children and, more importantly, is very loving towards them. I have to give her points for that.

Yikes! If she got married at 13 she is probably only about 35 now!!

She would have been homeschooling kids when other people her age still had a year of high school to go. :S Poor woman!

She is only around 35. I've always felt so sorry for Tabby. She's had a shit life, little education and is so much older than her age IYSWIM. Part of me wants to reach out to her but I know it would be rejected.

I think she went down the rabbit hole of fundyism as it looked appealing and the fundy blogs portray a life which she's never had. But she just doesn't have the critical thinking skills to realise that her life will never be like that.

Tabby is still young and it isn't too late for her. In some ways she's like the teen that went wild, had kids very young then found life while in their 30's. I knew a girl like that. She went off the rails due to a shit home life and got pregnant at 14. She had another at 16 and never finished her education. By the time she was in her 30's she had matured enough to realise what she had missed and with her kids being mostly grown she went to college. She's my age now and is lead midwife at the hospital in my town.

Tabby could turn her life around, but she'll only be able to do that if she can leave that mindset behind.

Free Tabby!

She is only around 35. I've always felt so sorry for Tabby. She's had a shit life, little education and is so much older than her age IYSWIM. Part of me wants to reach out to her but I know it would be rejected.

I think she went down the rabbit hole of fundyism as it looked appealing and the fundy blogs portray a life which she's never had. But she just doesn't have the critical thinking skills to realise that her life will never be like that.

Tabby is still young and it isn't too late for her. In some ways she's like the teen that went wild, had kids very young then found life while in their 30's. I knew a girl like that. She went off the rails due to a shit home life and got pregnant at 14. She had another at 16 and never finished her education. By the time she was in her 30's she had matured enough to realise what she had missed and with her kids being mostly grown she went to college. She's my age now and is lead midwife at the hospital in my town.

Tabby could turn her life around, but she'll only be able to do that if she can leave that mindset behind.

Free Tabby!

I would LOVE to see something like this happen for Tabby. I had no idea how young she was or about the bastard that married her when she was 13. His ass should have gone to jail.

If she's reading this I hope it encourages her to know that a lot of people here are cheering for her!

I hope it does too. Sad thing is if any of us offered her a hand of friendship, she'd probably slap it away.

Her kids are grown, some of the older ones seem to have rejected the koolaid. Sooner or later that poor woman is going to be alone with nothing. She really is the living example of the bad side of fundidom. The blogs she loves and the people she admires and aspires to have a foundation of money and a support system of family and likeminded and equally influential friends. Tabby has neither and unless she can step out from this lifestyle she'll have nothing.

Yikes! If she got married at 13 she is probably only about 35 now!!

She would have been homeschooling kids when other people her age still had a year of high school to go. :S Poor woman!

Agree! I wonder how she was able to get married @ such a young age!

Agree! I wonder how she was able to get married @ such a young age!

I don't know where she got married but would there have been any state at the time (22 years ago) that would have legally allowed marriage at that age, even with parental consent? Not to say it was OK because I seriously wonder what's going on with a grown man marrying a 13 year old. Not to sidetrack, but back in college my mom was trying to get me interested in the son of a friend. I said no freaking way because the guy, who was 26, had a 14 year old girlfriend when he was 25 and they had just broken up. Now 10 years difference is not as a big deal when you are older when you are both adults and would have life experience by then that serves to close the gap, so to speak, but at those younger ages, you don't have that. That's not to say it can work out for people but speaking for myself, it gave me pause.

Edited for better clarification

Archived