IGNORED

Tea Party-A Movement On Fire

debrand

This two minute skit has all the extreme right propaganda against the left but it still surprised me with its ignorance and blatant use of strawmen

This two minute skit has all the extreme right propaganda against the left but it still surprised me with its ignorance and blatant use of strawmen

If this was about the Tea Party wouldn't most of the protesters be really, really old and mostly white?

On fire starting from the pants, more like...

LOL. It is interesting for the obvious use of emotional manipulation. Because I've listened to Glenn Beck, I am aware that the far right likes to claim that they are in some vast war for freedom and the American way against the dirty liberal communists-who don't know that they are communists, by the way. From any sane person's point of view, the clip is crazy and funny. There are a portion of right wingers who do think that they are in some sort of battle against evil

For those who don't want to watch the short clip(I swear it is short and snarkable), the evil government is giving things away in white boxes. Everyone thinks this is good except a few people. No one looks like they are starving or being controlled. People have a white card that they have to carry. The government shows outside the young man's apartment and demand that he turn over his government donation.

It opens with a woman in a white flowing scarf standing by a lit torch(statue of liberty?) She says, we were a beacon of freedom, a shining city standing on a hill....15 years ago freedom died. Cue scary music. Men in black hoods, unseen faces and black gloves cover her eyes. The torch is shone without its flame

A smiling newswoman states that the Development Party has now gained control of the Senate. An evil white man says "Today marks the first step forward in the development of our great city. All must contribute Because from each, everything will be given to all" People are shown with white cards putting them into little slots.

The scary white man says, "When we provide for every need, you are fully developed"

Younger white person states to girl in a dramatic tone, "Dont' you see the more they give us the more they control us. We become nothing but passive people waiting in lines." Cue weird boxes given to people in line. No idea how everything I need could fit in those boxes, though.

Young man tears surprising fragile card. I couldn't tear my own ID card so easily. He didn't even have to get out scissors or exert much effort into tearing his card.

Next he is kidnapped by an organization led by woman who wants to bring freedom back. Cue picture of living statue of liberty with flowing, white scarf. The group is called the Liberty Movement. The leader of the other side wants to snuff the younger people out. The young man gives a dramatic speech. Very, very, very bad acting is showcased throughout this video.

Don't tell me I don't love you people. I watched that crazy clip twice to spare you guys the overdramatic, bad acting and cheesy lines

Using McCarthy tactics is so 1960's. America's been there, done that. So it's ok for people to cheat the sytem to get rich, but denying America's minorities, poor and women is a-ok, right? Research more, dipshits.

You want to see sheer insanity and scariness all collected in one place? Check out the Tea Party Community, if you haven't already.

Archived