IGNORED

Hypocritical Christian Colleges? Say it Ain't So!

Anxious Girl

A woman named Teri James was engaged to her fiance, and got pregnant before their marriage, so the San Diego Christian College fired her for violating their contract which included having sex. They offered her spot to her fiance, who declined. Wow. So I guess if it's a religious rule that minorities and BGLT students aren't allowed in their college, then this is a-ok? :evil: http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2013/02/ ... -sex?lite= This is why Churches and other religious organizations that use buildings in the name of religion need to be taxed, because their getting away with hate crimes such as this. The fundies complain that gay people can get married and that women aren't like they used to be; and yet they don't complain about not paying taxes for their religious buildings? Give me a fucking break.

A woman named Teri James was engaged to her fiance, and got pregnant before their marriage, so the San Diego Christian College fired her for violating their contract which included having sex. They offered her spot to her fiance, who declined. Wow. So I guess if it's a religious rule that minorities and BGLT students aren't allowed in their college, then this is a-ok? :evil: http://lifeinc.today.com/_news/2013/02/ ... -sex?lite= This is why Churches and other religious organizations that use buildings in the name of religion need to be taxed, because their getting away with hate crimes such as this. The fundies complain that gay people can get married and that women aren't like they used to be; and yet they don't complain about not paying taxes for their religious buildings? Give me a fucking break.

Wait, they offered the job to her fiance, who was of course also having premarital sex? Holy double standard, Batman.

Wait, they offered the job to her fiance, who was of course also having premarital sex? Holy double standard, Batman.

Exactly. :evil:

I'm confused to their reasoning? They fired her because she had premartial sex but they hired the guy she had sex with? Well, that's a new one.

Actually, I've heard this before at Catholic institutions where teachers are fired for conceiving before marriage (not even giving birth before marriage). It made me mad because I felt it extremely unChrist-like behavior. Where did we get this idea that society is better off firing pregnant women who (in the religious' eyes) lack (male) support in the first place? And why is it that we still single out premarital sex but not divorce? Picky, picky.

I'm confused to their reasoning? They fired her because she had premartial sex but they hired the guy she had sex with? Well, that's a new one.

Actually, I've heard this before at Catholic institutions where teachers are fired for conceiving before marriage (not even giving birth before marriage). It made me mad because I felt it extremely unChrist-like behavior. Where did we get this idea that society is better off firing pregnant women who (in the religious' eyes) lack (male) support in the first place? And why is it that we still single out premarital sex but not divorce? Picky, picky.

I have heard of those cases. I remember the case in a southern Catholic high school where they fired the teacher who had a baby out of wedlock and she made the media rounds. This case sounds really weird because they offered a job to the fiancee.

A friend of mine was at one time a student a Bob Jones as was the guy she ended up marrying. I should say the guy she had to marry. She was pregnant when they got married. I don't think they were allowed to continue at the school.

That sounds about right for that school. It's a podunk kind of place that used to have a different name. There is also a Christian high school associated with it. We used to kind of laugh when our kids played them in sports tournaments. The girls wore more make-up and tighter uniforms, swore more, and tried to cheat more than any of the secular teams we played or the other Christian school teams.

Not that make-up and swearing are bad things, but when the school handbook prohibits them, we noticed.

That's exactly what I thought-double standard.

It must have been all her fault, tempting him when men are so vulnerable.

Well, OF COURSE, it was her fault! No wonder they offered the job to her poor finace. He needs the support of all those fine Christians.

Archived