IGNORED

Introduce Yourself - Part 2

happy atheist

Hi all! I've been a lurker since the yuku days. Nearly 30 and living on the US/Mexico border. My best friend and I partly bonded in college over our mutual fascination with the Duggars' ability to have that. many. kids. I followed the Duggar threads on TWOP for a long time (and still lurk occasionally), but I'm oddly fascinated with all things fundie. These people are something else. I de-lurked mostly after the RR thing. Oddly enough, on Sunday I wondered what the latest Duggar gossip was and what do you know, there are three truth about ruth threads! I stayed up reading all night. BF thought I was nuts.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I live in NC, I've been a lurker for many years, I joined when I had to a few months ago :) I've finally started posting due to RR. I "like" the duggars, sister wives, dd, Lina and a few others.

I live in NC, I've been a lurker for many years, I joined when I had to a few months ago :) I've finally started posting due to RR. I "like" the duggars, sister wives, dd, Lina and a few others.

Eta: I forgot I love the sparkling one!

I'm a housewife who lives in Houston, TX with my husband and our two cats, who are our "children" since I can't have kids and couldn't handle them due to some health issues. We're getting our first house this fall, and I plan to adopt another child, this time of the canine variety. We're thinking a border collie from a local rescue. I'm excited.

I've been interested in fundies for years, but the Duggars were my first exposure to the more extreme side. My grandmother goes to multiple churches because the one she originally went to didn't offer as many services as she wanted to attend, which I thought was over the top before my exposure to the hardcore fundies.

Hi, I'm Jess. I am a mom and a nurse and a student. I live in CO and love it here. I used to be a very conservative Christian and I come from a large family -- 8 kids -- though we weren't fundies. I have known lots of fundies and fundy-lites, though and am familiar with a lot of that scene. Now I'm a libruhl and believe in stuff like equal rights for everyone, can you believe it?!

I have been lurking here for the last week or so since the shit hit the fan over RR. I had been reading her blog for well over a year and when it blew up this was the best place I could find to get the scoop. So here I am!

Hi! I'm a student from Pennsylvania and I've been reading FJ since the Yuku days, and like many, the RR threads have brought me out of lurk-dom. I live a few hours from an area with a large-ish Mennonite and Amish population so Christian fundies have always been "on my radar." It was recently, though, that I became interested in the particular brand of fundie-ism of the Duggars, Maxwells, etc. and here I am!

Hello!

I've been lurking for a while and haven't posted much, but after getting wrapped up in the Razing Ruth saga, I decided I wanted to be able to see everything, hence need to start posting more!

I found this site after it was referred to a few times on another snark thread. I live in Michigan, work and go to school. Never really been involved with fundies on a personal level but used to watch the Duggars when the show first aired. At some point, it stopped being interesting and was just creepy.

Hi, guys! I'm a fifty-something woman who found this site after reading about it on FB, on the NMQ page. I came over, was accepted as a member, and have been getting an eyeful of drama. The RR stuff is just blowing my mind!

I come from a fundie family with a Patriarch brother with a Quiverful of daughters that he's been molesting for 20 years. He's in prison now and I'm just starting to understand the insanity that my family has been involved with all these years.

I look forward to getting to know you all better as I become an active participant in this forum. You all seem like my kind of people.

Hi! I found my way here via the RR drama. I have been terribly disappointed and disillusioned with how some of the ex-fundie bloggers are handling that situation, and ended up here as a result :)

I grew up in a fundie (first Gothard then more SGM-ish) church and family, was homeschooled and lived through secondary separation to the extreme. I'm now agnostic leaning towards atheist after joining the real world and attending public universities for undergrad and grad school. I have completely left the fundie-verse behind and sadly have no contact with my family of origin in order to protect myself and my kiddos from their craziness.

I am looking forward to getting to know everyone here. I live in a fairly conservative part of the U.S. where it's very difficult to meet like-minded folks in person.

I'm here because of some threads that came up in a Google search, so I joined in order to read them.

I've gotten into researching this whole manosphere-patriarchy-wifely-submission thing because my brother, who just got married last November, has decided to turn into one of these nutbags.

Reading his blog is entertaining and all, but it's even more entertaining to read the ramblings of everyone else who's jumped on this bandwagon.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like I'm in good company with the other hordes of RR-inspired delurkers. I'm a 40-ish old-fart college student in Alabama, married, no kids. I've been lurking forever and figured now was as good a time as any to start participating. I never donated to RR but I followed her blog from start to finish and feel like a dumbass for getting emotionally suckered in.

Looks like I'm in good company with the other hordes of RR-inspired delurkers. I'm a 40-ish old-fart college student in Alabama, married, no kids. I've been lurking forever and figured now was as good a time as any to start participating. I never donated to RR but I followed her blog from start to finish and feel like a dumbass for getting emotionally suckered in.

Hi! I'm pretty new too, but just wanted to say, don't feel like a dumbass. She was pretty convincing for a long time, and lots of folks believed her story. I grew up fundie, and I believed her for a long time because she got a lot of details right. A lot of people here did donate to her, and that's just proof that there are lots of compassionate people in the world :)

Hi! I'm pretty new too, but just wanted to say, don't feel like a dumbass. She was pretty convincing for a long time, and lots of folks believed her story. I grew up fundie, and I believed her for a long time because she got a lot of details right. A lot of people here did donate to her, and that's just proof that there are lots of compassionate people in the world :)

Thanks. You're absolutely right. (It's so weird... I keep getting momentary amnesia and wondering how poor fictitious RR is doing. Darn you, Possumbiotch!)

Hi all. I've been here for --oops, two years? really? Infrequent poster because I'm also a programmer, and I try to wrench my real life:online life ratio back into alignment every few months.

I like to meddle. I'm old enough to know better. I'm a lifelong southerner. I have strong spiritual beliefs and apply them to no one but myself. Sites like "ladies against feminism" make vomit shoot straight from my ocular cavities; ditto for anyone endorsed by the Tea Party.

I've never seen the Duggars' show, but I did read Razing Ruth for a couple of years. :angry-banghead:

I'm a 36 year old ( well 37 tomorrow) mom of two young children 3 yr old girl and 6 month old boy. I am a RN but have been a stay at home mom the last couple of years. I found your sight through some google searches then decide to join to be able to read more stuff. I am a fan of the Duggar's show. I don't agree with a lot of the stuff they preach but I also don't think they are all bad as they are often talked about on here. I'm somewhat religious (raised catholic) and somewhat conservative but definitely not a fundie or even fundie-lite.

Hi all

I am a Canadian girl. Married for two years with no kids, but four pets.

I have watched the Duggars for a long time and always thought they were really nice, but after reading around for a while, you finds things out. I still watch the show, but I always read forums after to see what other people think. I guess I'm into snark these days.

I'm like anthropology, specific modern day families like fundamentalist (Christians and Mormons), and the Amish. So I am also interested in reading about the Browns, and Dargers.

I am also slightly conservative. You may mistake me for a "fundy" is you saw me out, though I wasn't raised that way. I am also studying doula-ing, so have some insight into Jana's role.

I am much more talkative on-line than in person, though I am also good at lurking.

See you all around.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi I have been lurking for some time now and I decided to introduce myself . I live in the SW, married for 16 years and I have 4 children. Candy was my gateway into reading about fundies and all their shenanigans. I really enjoy the posts and threads here. A lot of people don't understand my obsession with fundies and all their doings so it is nice to know a lot of other people are equally occupied in a similar manner.

I have been watching the Duggars since the 1st special, but only recently came across Free Jinger. I was very glad to find a place where others view them in the same light as I do. I have been laughing and giggling uncontrollably as I read through the posts and am glad that whenever I am bored or down I can come here for a good laugh.

Hi, I'm Carolyn. I've come here via No Longer Quivering (and some confusion) and I've been baffled and fascinated by the Duggars since the special where they built a house. I'm Canadian, 36, married a decade, have one baby daughter, and am in Computer Science (via mathematics). And I've been reading far too many bad blogs while on parental leave.

Hi, I'm Lisa, I think I joined here in April, but have yet to say a word. Make no mistake I'm here for the LOLZ! I think the Duggars are absolutely effing nuts, and now I'm so intrigued by Ruth that I'm totally neglecting my kids. I need to get to Chatter! :dance:

Hi, I've been lurking at FJ off and on for a while, but today I decided to just take the plunge and start posting. Like many people, I first got interested in the IFB/ATI/Gothard world through the Duggar family programs, although I have been interested in the sociology of religion for awhile. I was raised secular, but spent about three year travelling in Catholic traditionalist circles. I always maintained a certain skepticism about the supernatural (I never believed that Genesis was supposed to be taken literally, for example), and last year I just chucked it all to become a "born again atheist." Now that I have finally posted, I hope to take part in some good snark.

• 2 weeks later...

hello all....

Ive been lurking for a little bit trying to get a feel for the site. Decided to post today for some unknown reason.

Ive just recently gotten oddly obsessed with fundie bloggers (mommy bloggers in particular). I don't know why other than the "train wreck" syndrome. I actually don't keep up with the Duggars and found this site doing a search for my favorite psycho......ZsuZsu Anderson.

the basics....Im 42...married mom of 2.

Hi all! I've been a lurker on various incarnations of this board. It's taken me years to sign up for a user name because I felt as though everyone was saying perfectly what I already thought, and I had nothing greater to add. I still think I'll be pretty low key around here, but I figure now is better than never to chime into the conversation and "meet" some like-minded people. I'm a teacher and a writer, and if you want to know more about me, feel free to ask!

I am a 22 year old fundie girl trying to escape fundieland. I moved out of my parent's house this March which was a huge step for me but sadly I still have a billion miles to go.

Currently, I am sharing an apartment with my older sister, who is also fundie, in the same community that my parents live in. Although mentally and spiritually I have changed quite dramatically in the past year I haven't shown these changes to anyone else. People still see me as completely fundie because I still go to the same church, wear the same clothes, act the same around them.

Other than moving out (which I broke in very gentle terms to my parents and assured them it had nothing do with them, yes I am a liar) I haven't rocked the boat at all.

Eventually, I know I need to start living life the way I want to live, not the way I was raised. It's so tough because I have repressed myself for so long that my inner life is completely disconnected from my “public†life. At this point no one has the slightest hint who I really am and I know that is not healthy for me or the people around me.

I am excited to join free jinger to vent my feelings about my family for the first time (it might be messy), snark on some fundie royalty that I have longed to snark about since my early teens and get up to 60 posts so I can finally get some hand sex (bliss!).

Hi! I am a mother, wife nurse and artist living in Toronto. I found this site while reading about MckMama drama. I decided to search and see what she was up to after following the Stellan situation so closely while I was off on mat leave and while my heart was breaking for her. Lord be tunderin' by! ...fires, domestic violence, bankrupt, public school, diet pills, granola, goats in tutus...where's my fainting couch, ouch! Since lurking for about 2 weeks I have learned so much about big fundie 80s hair, courting (is this 1824? I HATE that word, it gives me he heepy geeps just like mani-pedi or even worse, OOAK - EW), some x-gay father who discovered jebus and with a wife who is pregnant for a gagillion months, a crazy lady named Susanna with a few too many ZZs in there that I am just too tired to place right now and married to a hate mongerer who also hates cops.....oh and then I just learned about MAFCL (middle aged fundie crisis Lori) and read her blog. She is like the icing on the cake of all fundies! I especially enjoyed her soapbox pontification about how nurses should not be mothers and work at the same time...beamed me up to a whole new level of cray cray. Anyways thanks for this, I will be back but there are so many doorknob Lydias out there I feel that I need some more shabby chic tea cups before I can post again. Night!

• samurai_sarah locked this topic
  • Curious unpinned this topic

Archived