IGNORED

Closet Racist, Adoptive Mom, Annoying Narcissist ...

Morton Fan

Found some preaching by Cassie -- she's pretty good! And mentions, briefly, family disconnection, at the beginning.

She sure does love her God.

I could not listen to her for very long, too much flitting around. It looks like the church is one where anyone can call themselves a preacher.

She was driving me nuts with her hair, she finally got it out of her eyes but it's too much in her face. I watched part of another sermon, she has her hair up in that video, looks much better.

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Found some preaching by Cassie -- she's pretty good! And mentions, briefly, family disconnection, at the beginning.

She sue does love her God.

GOOD FIND!!

I could not listen to her for very long, too much flitting around. It looks like the church is one where anyone can call themselves a preacher.

She was driving me nuts with her hair, she finally got it out of her eyes but it's too much in her face. I watched part of another sermon, she has her hair up in that video, looks much better.

She's kind of hard for me to follow, too. Lots of Valley Girl drivel ... I'm five minutes in and she's still on "how I came up with this speech."

ETA: I'm now 11:47 minutes in, and have still yet to hear what it is she's preaching about exactly. Lots of giggles and "I'm like"s so far. It is sad to hear her pain about her family's disfunction, though.

I hope laurel is using this time away from her blog to love on all her family. Might be the best thing for her to go silent.

I hope so too. Do we know it's actually time away, though? It's possible she's still bloggin' aplenty, just privately.

• 1 month later...

Pork and Beans is still desperate to adopt from China and seems to believe they will get to do so soon...though they were told no already.

I am still collecting for another quilt right now. Time will tell if this quilt is put to use. We are praying that it will be. There is a little girl in China who literally saved my life. If it wasn't for her I would not have caught my cancer in time. She needs a home and what better home than the one who's Mama she saved!

Yes, because they so need another child. :roll:

Pork and Beans is still desperate to adopt from China and seems to believe they will get to do so soon...though they were told no already.

Yes, because they so need another child. :roll:

I cannot believe they will be able to adopt again. I certainly hope they can't. Isn't her breast cancer triple negative? I thought I read she was stage 3. It will be a few years before they can say her risk of mets is reduced.

Me too!!!!!

Me three! We had a couple of people on here when all the crap went down that knew her or her kids personally... are any of you still reading FJ? Any news or updates on how Laurel and the Big D family are doing now?

I cannot believe they will be able to adopt again. I certainly hope they can't. Isn't her breast cancer triple negative? I thought I read she was stage 3. It will be a few years before they can say her risk of mets is reduced.

I don't know, but I do know she was already told no by China, so am quite suspicious about her thoughts of getting another daughter from China. :think:

wait…. which one is pork and beans? should this be in another topic because I, too, get excited thinking about a Laurel update!

one laurel update is that poor cassie looks to have nephrostomy tube until after she delivers. cassiegoossen.blogspot.com

wait…. which one is pork and beans? should this be in another topic because I, too, get excited thinking about a Laurel update!

one laurel update is that poor cassie looks to have nephrostomy tube until after she delivers. cassiegoossen.blogspot.com

I believe we mentioned them on here as well, but it is

porknbeansinchina.blogspot.com

She's fundraising for an adoption, collecting quilt squares and telling herself that since no one else is adopting her, that once she has a job again they will be allowed to adopt the one they intended to adopt when her physical detected the breast cancer. I'm pretty sure she'll have to be in remission for a certain amount of time before she'll EVER be considered for an international adoption again, and by then she will likely age out of China adoptions. Delusional.

"She needs a home and what better home than the one who's Mama she saved!"

Kid isn't even there -- and apparently China says she never will be -- and Lori is already calling herself Mama and of course talking about what the child did for HER! If there is any justice in the universe this nutburger will never be allowed to adopt any child.

Thanks for the update!! Nice work! I can always count on you, BionicMile! :)

Sorry :/ No update...but I think in this case, no news is good news! I'm actually proud of Laurel for keeping her family shit off the internets for so long. Admittedly, I do miss the daily read, but I'll get over it.

• 1 month later...

Maaaan, I was really excited for a minute there! ;) Come on, Mama D, we need a pie cut into 12 pieces. We need a 12 sip homemade cappucino.

• 1 year later...

After a 16+ month absence, Laurel D of "Our Journey of Faith" is baaaack with a new blog:

anewjourneyoffaith.blogspot.com

Laurel's just as awful as ever and very little has changed -- her hubby's still unemployed, appears to be still estranged from many of her adult kids and as over-entitled as ever. However, it appears that she disputed another of her adopted Ghanian kids, Rachel aka Little Miss.

It's all God's will, right? :roll:

I was roommates in college with one of her son's wife. All she did was drink Lone Shark and watch Fraiser and Arrested Development when she lived with us.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Mama D has a new passive aggressive vaguepost up that consists of bible quote about children turning against their parents followed by "please pray for my family". :roll:

Archived