IGNORED

Closet Racist, Adoptive Mom, Annoying Narcissist ...

Morton Fan

Only a messed up person would be happy that they have caused a person so much pain.

Please Mods apply the ban hammer.

I hadn't realized it was Homegirl Ruby who outed FJ to everyone, but I guess it was...

from the thread (that I wasn't reading before) on Kendalyn:

"I've been notifying every fundie discussed here of every thread referencing them. I know you guys think breaking the link means they will never know. Haha. You guys will have to find something new to "snark" on pretty soon, because many of these people are about to flounce, as you like to call it. Hee hee hee!"

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought she was on a Journey?

She is in the prayer closet. She can log in and comment on things but all of her comments must be approved before being posted.

How was it determined that Laurel is in a bad way? I thought she just flounced and made her blog private. Which in my mind isn't the worst thing ever. I'm sure her kids appreciate not having the family laundry aired in a public forum. And besides, I don't want blogs like this legitimizing or reinforcing shitty adoption practices and "disruption." Homegirlruby is a shit-stirring troll, but assuming that Laurel is suicidal or off the deep end because of this doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

How was it determined that Laurel is in a bad way? I thought she just flounced and made her blog private. Which in my mind isn't the worst thing ever. I'm sure her kids appreciate not having the family laundry aired in a public forum. And besides, I don't want blogs like this legitimizing or reinforcing shitty adoption practices and "disruption." Homegirlruby is a shit-stirring troll, but assuming that Laurel is suicidal or off the deep end because of this doesn't make a ton of sense to me.

Oh, I agree that her going private is a good thing for relationships with her family if, indeed, the blog was a source of strife in the family. It is just so unlike her to just shut down that it does make me worry. She doesn't have a history of flouncing. Her ministry website is still up, however, so she hasn't completely disappeared, I guess.

Seriously. What a terrible person.

Hahaha! Tell me you aren't being serious.

I'm not the one that started numerous threads about her!

You want to honestly act like you just "care about her and her children" when in the title of the thread she is called three names - not to mention the 40 pages of people "just speaking the truth" and being proud that she was reading here and being able to tell her off? I wasn't the one participating in her crucifixion.

Besides, according to you guys EVERYONE knows about this site anyway. ALL the fundies read here and google themselves and find themselves lurking, anyway.

You're just sad that you lost one of your precious fundie pets. Littlemommy's while morning was even ruined over it! Others were forced to turn to the Sparkley one because they didn't know where else to go to get their kicks.

None of that was me. If anyone is to plane for this "annoying narcissistic racist" (not my words!) it's those that participated in the slaughter of her every move and who, if you go back and read again, even said themselves that they wanted her to see and wanted her to know what they thought.

Think of me more like FJs fairy godmother and not Jack the Ripper. :)

It's not like she deleted her blog; she just made it private. To me, it seems like a logical next step if she is surprised and offended by the comments about her blog.

wow, lots to reply to! Not to mention that I found ways to sneak some reads in on the last 26 pages of this forum! You guys are pretty good with most of your assumptions about the family dynamics, I was impressed!

Do the kids think the blog will go public again?

They don't seem to have a solid vote...Laurel also shut down her Facebook stating that she needed to focus on "real life friendships". So we'll just have to wait and see, personally, i would be SHOCKED if she doesn't re-open the blog to public view... and almost proud of her for realizing it wasn't necessary!

Thank you so much for coming to clarify things!

How is the lasagne?

How are the pies?

Does Mama actually DO any homeschooling? She never talks about it.

What is the deal with the trips? Why so many and why is Papa so rarely along? Maybe he wouldn't have to work so hard if they spent more time at home.

What about the money? She always talks about being poor, then she takes another trip!

Food at their house is always good, but not award winning or ohmygoshiwanttofreakout :cracking-up: because it's so awesome... just good home-cooked food!

Homeschooling: from what the "big kids" have told me, she used to be way more "hands on" when they were little, but in the past few years it's more like "here's a pile of books to read or workbooks to fill out".

The trips seem to be her way to "escape"... The family has always loved road-tripping and family summer vacations were a once a year norm, but i agree that the last few years have been CRAZY! She seems to "need" them more and more and justifies spending the mosey they "don't" have to take them. *gag me* Papa is never on them because he works his ass off to pay the bills so she can take them. If I can say one positive thing about "Papa" it's that I know him to be a VERY hard worker with a willing heart to do what needs to be done to provide for his family (even his crazy wife's spending habits). He has also taught the kids to be hard workers and never misuse an opportunity to work hard and be an asset to society. I bet he wishes he could go on some of the trips, but I also guess it might be a sweet relief for him to do his own thing without her telling him what to do. Just MY assumptions!

Money: Papa works hard. Mama spends hard.

Do the "big kids" follow this thread on FJ?

I'm not throwing ANYONE under the bus, but I will say that I know at least 1 daughter and 1 "daughter in love" has read every post. :shhh:

I just did some looking on the big kids sites (they really do seem like wonderful people!) and Cassie says she has two boys?? I had no idea,I thought it was just the one.

I don't think there has been any recent mention of it on Laurel's blog but Cassie was surprised to find out that she is pregnant again and it's another boy... so I bet that she is referring to the baby boy do in Feb.

As for if Laurel is "ok". My guess would be No. She's really easily offended and has a hard time getting over any offense and I bet this forum and the recent comments on her blog made her extremely upset. My guess is that she is not "taking care of mama", that she has been sleeping a lot (the kids say that when she's upset she won't come out of her room except to eat for days) and that she is making what attempt she can to figure out how she messed up so bad; however from what I know that always ends in self-justification and more victim mentality behaviors from Laurel. She has no real ability to evaluate her behavior and be wrong. As far as the blog being shut down helping the relationships in the family? The pain and distance that is between them all goes WAY beyond the blog! Hopefully Laurel will have more time on her hands to actually work on the relationships with her kids, but we can all guess as to the reality of that. She clearly wants to be pursued and praised by people for what an awesome Mom/minister/mentor (see what i did there? ;) ) she believes to be and if her kids don't affirm those things about her my guess would be that she doesn't know how to have a normal relationship with them because they don't "need" her. One of the "big kids" told me recently that she never initiates contact with them.... they are expected to be the first to call, text, email or whatever and that they honestly don't know what to say to her that hasn't been said as far as "fixing" things go. In reality it's a pretty sad situation and I wish Laurel would get some professional help to deal with her "stuff" so that she can start having normal relationships with people where her panties are always in a bunch.

Any more questions? This is kind of fun. I feel like a secret agent. I don't mind at all giving my two cents, combined with the facts that i do know. Hopefully this doesn't :stir-pot: for the "big kids".

I had to grin at the idea of a daughter in law reading this. :) My own mother in law is a good person, but soooooo neurotic. If anti-anxiety meds were created for one person on earth, she is that person (I wish she believed Jesus would totally want her to take some!!!!). If there were a forum thread about her I would read it to tatters and never ever tell anyone. I'd probably bake myself a pan of brownies to go along with the read. ;)

I wish Laurel would take this opportunity for some self examination instead of bathing in the mud puddle. I am not sorry, however, that she is aware that people are watching the whole adoption issue skeptically...it makes me think Sarah might have a better chance of staying in the family.

[snip].

Wow, very enlightening. Thanks for the insight. I do feel compassion that Mama feels so betrayed by everyone in her life. I don't think that feeling is justified, but it must be terrible to have the sense that every.single.person is against you, all the time. Finding this thread probably confirms it in her mind. Much as I would miss The.Crazy, I do hope she keeps her blog private.

Alfred Wayne -- I'm glad for your update! (What a Pollyanna thing to say. Sorry.)

I am thrilled that some of the family reads here! Even though I know it would be painful at times, I think that the willingness to be exposed to differing opinions and ideas is awesome. Honestly, as difficult as Laurel seems on her blog, she must have done something correctly because her "big kids" seem to be well adjusted people who haven't completely turned their backs on her and want things to work out. They also seem to be very productive members of society and have good relationships with spouses and mostly with each other - even if one of them is living in sin (GASP!) with her boyfriend in another country. That is all better than I can say for my own family of origin...

Money: Papa works hard. Mama spends hard.

(snip)

Any more questions? This is kind of fun. I feel like a secret agent. I don't mind at all giving my two cents, combined with the facts that i do know. Hopefully this doesn't :stir-pot: for the "big kids".

Laurel has mentioned multiple times that they don't really have much of a savings account (or really, any cushion at all). Are the big kids concerned that the retirement plan might just be "move in with one of our kids"? I guess there must be some social security money... but for people in their 50s to be bragging that their chief retirement plan seems to be "God will provide" seems a bit risky...

Alfred Wayne -- I'm glad for your update! (What a Pollyanna thing to say. Sorry.)

I am thrilled that some of the family reads here! Even though I know it would be painful at times, I think that the willingness to be exposed to differing opinions and ideas is awesome. Honestly, as difficult as Laurel seems on her blog, she must have done something correctly because her "big kids" seem to be well adjusted people who haven't completely turned their backs on her and want things to work out. They also seem to be very productive members of society and have good relationships with spouses and mostly with each other - even if one of them is living in sin (GASP!) with her boyfriend in another country. That is all better than I can say for my own family of origin...

True. Maybe Jim is to thank. I wonder what the kids think who do read this thread. I think it would make me feel pretty bad - one of those things where it's ok for ME to say those things about my loved one, but I don't want someone else to say them ....

I had to grin at the idea of a daughter in law reading this. :) My own mother in law is a good person, but soooooo neurotic. If anti-anxiety meds were created for one person on earth, she is that person (I wish she believed Jesus would totally want her to take some!!!!). If there were a forum thread about her I would read it to tatters and never ever tell anyone. I'd probably bake myself a pan of brownies to go along with the read. ;)

I wish Laurel would take this opportunity for some self examination instead of bathing in the mud puddle. I am not sorry, however, that she is aware that people are watching the whole adoption issue skeptically...it makes me think Sarah might have a better chance of staying in the family.

:text-yeahthat:

I have been trying to figure out for years how to dose my MIL with...well, something! I finally had to create a tumblr to showcase my MILs facebook posts because she is so :pull-hair:

I remember reading one of Laurel's posts, and seeing in the comments that one of her friends believes that psychology is basically just "mind-witchcraft" and not of god. I really hope Laurel doesn't believe that too. If she hadn't burned so many bridges with some of the churches in town, I'd say she could even go get "christian" counseling...but few churches actually have someone with a legit degree in counseling, and I'm of the firm belief that pastors should not be dealing with very obvious mental health issues.

:text-yeahthat:

I have been trying to figure out for years how to dose my MIL with...well, something! I finally had to create a tumblr to showcase my MILs facebook posts because she is so :pull-hair:

I remember reading one of Laurel's posts, and seeing in the comments that one of her friends believes that psychology is basically just "mind-witchcraft" and not of god. I really hope Laurel doesn't believe that too. If she hadn't burned so many bridges with some of the churches in town, I'd say she could even go get "christian" counseling...but few churches actually have someone with a legit degree in counseling, and I'm of the firm belief that pastors should not be dealing with very obvious mental health issues.

That sounds pretty incredible.

I'll get the popcorn going and pretend it's my mother-in-law!!! Thankfully facebook is beyond her.

monster-in-law.tumblr.com

Enjoy :)

Give me a minute to update some photos, and I'll post it on here for your enjoyment :popcorn2:

I've got all the time in the world ....

I am enjoying indeed. Your comments are the best part. :popcorn2:

ETA: you should have called it "Monster-in-Love."

:lol: I should have! I have a whole folder of this crap on my computer, including her infamous Christmas letter which I think I'm going to post. She's a loon.

She also took an online course for a doctorate degree in theology, from a dot-com site with no accreditation and no tuition: love donations only!

Of course, this means she's now "qualified" to write books. In a continuation of her 10 page doctorate dissertation, she writes about how God hates fat people and how they're disgusting excuses for Christians...giving in to the sins of their flesh by being food obsessed. She covers nutrition (which she is unqualified to teach), medical care (unqualified), and psychology (unqualified)!

Bah, anyways, back to the actual topic :D

:lol: I should have! I have a whole folder of this crap on my computer, including her infamous Christmas letter which I think I'm going to post. She's a loon.

She also took an online course for a doctorate degree in theology, from a dot-com site with no accreditation and no tuition: love donations only!

Of course, this means she's now "qualified" to write books. In a continuation of her 10 page doctorate dissertation, she writes about how God hates fat people and how they're disgusting excuses for Christians...giving in to the sins of their flesh by being food obsessed. She covers nutrition (which she is unqualified to teach), medical care (unqualified), and psychology (unqualified)!

Bah, anyways, back to the actual topic :D

Hahaha, my FIL is doing a correspondence Th.D. right now, and he paid me to proofread his dissertation draft for him - it was a semi-legitimate length (over 100 pages, I can't remember), but gaaaaah there was so much headdesk in it. I actually respect him a lot on some basic theological issues, but he's got that weird young-earth, libertarian, pseudo-patriarchal thing going on (he likes to theorize about how swell life would be if we went back to household voting) and it showed so hard. I feel you.

ETA: Somebody below thread mentioned the Swanson Vitamins - my FIL has a cabinet full of Swanson's too... :cray-cray:

My father's theology degree is one of his Master's degrees....back before the D.Div even existed. Several years ago, the seminary (now a university) offered to upgrade his degree from an M.Div. to a D.Div. because the coursework he did for it was what is now required for the D.Div. He told them no thank you. He earned the M.Div. legitimately and an "upgrade" wouldn't be legit. Besides, he's Doctorate is in Sociology. I do not know how long his dissertation was, but I do know I spent a year in purgatory as his research assistant dictating interview notes and coding response questionnaires without ever getting PAID for that position.

I'm positive that a REAL doctorate requires way more work than 10 pages.

I am highly amused that your Monster-in-law is so derogatory about failed marriages and you reference that she's been married five times and cheated on four spouses.

I honestly only have two questions for insiders. 1. Is Rachel emotionally and physically safe? 2. Does Sara know how precious and loved she is, or does Laurel keep her isolated from the world just as she has stolen her biological brother and sister from her so that Sara has no understanding of the world without Laurel's filter?

Mercola and SwansonVitamins, ah yes, life is just one conspiracy theory after another.

Glad I'm not the only one who had a mother-in'law from hell. My MIL's religion was alcohol, not Jesus.

Archived